Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

13 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

One man's fuckwit is another man's zany poster,  just as one man's troll is another man's valued member. Some BMs react strongly to what they consider personal insults, while others regard the exact same comments as friendly banter.  There's no consensus among the posting public on where the line goes on appropriate or inappropriate exchanges between members of a Pattaya forum.

The Admin and Mods of Thailand-247 have navigated that fuzzy boundary very well.  They've shut out the destructive trolls whose real goal is to disrupt the board, but have allowed, shall we say, the vigorous debate and the good-natured repartee many enjoy.  They haven't stifled reasonable exchanges, but have shown no tolerance for mean-spirited comments and mindless namecalling.

That's why the more notorious trolls haven't bothered with Thailand-247.  They only join a board to disrupt it and that's not possible on T247,  so there's no point in even trying.  A few of them have serious psychological problems,  having never moved past the mentality of an elementry school bully.  Other than banning, there's nothing a board's Admin and Mods can do to stop them because such trolls will never alter their behavior.  To rework the quote from the Book of Jeremiah:  Can the Hungarian change his psychosis or the leopard his spots?

I believe T247 will move forward as it's a troll-zone zone, which is exactly what the vast majority of punters want.

Evil

EP,

over the many years I've been on different forums both LOS and PI,

one thing is very clear BMs that are from USA have no idea what banter between Australian and and the English BMs is all about..

even on one board ran by a very selective USA owner/mod,once accused me of being a racist,because I used words like poms,pommies,yanks or Sepos.

shit that is like waving a red flag at a bull.

there as been a long,long history of banter/bullshit/shitstirring :default_268213:between aussies and poms/jocks boyos/paddies

me! I reckon our USA bms should stay away from the banter between us non USA BMs,that way the USA BMs will not get all hot and bothered.

ME! I love the craic/banter/bullshit/stirring between and the English bastards that sent my ancestors in convict ships to the greatest country in the world

AUSTRALIA home of meat pies,football,holden cars and kangaroos.

HOW SWEET IT IS.

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, grayray said:

EP,

over the many years I've been on different forums both LOS and PI,

one thing is very clear BMs that are from USA have no idea what banter between Australian and and the English BMs is all about..

even on one board ran by a very selective USA owner/mod,once accused me of being a racist,because I used words like poms,pommies,yanks or Sepos.

shit that is like waving a red flag at a bull.

there as been a long,long history of banter/bullshit/shitstirring :default_268213:between aussies and poms/jocks boyos/paddies

me! I reckon our USA bms should stay away from the banter between us non USA BMs,that way the USA BMs will not get all hot and bothered.

ME! I love the craic/banter/bullshit/stirring between and the English bastards that sent my ancestors in convict ships to the greatest country in the world

AUSTRALIA home of meat pies,football,holden cars and kangaroos.

HOW SWEET IT IS.

regards

grayray

Now you can just FO :default_party-smiley-048:

• Great Info 1

15 hours ago, fforest said:

This....The original web site was fantastic...It was a beautiful very functional site...With each up-grade more like down-grade the site kept getting worse....

That is the definitive post on the downward spiral of the best and most successful forum on Pattaya and the goings on in Thailand.

I have always subscribed to the notion "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

The original "down-grade" was a complete and utter shambles.  The move from the original server was a disaster and the weeks of downtime lost the forum countless members and our "beautiful very functional site " was lost forever replaced by a complete dog's breakfast.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Bit of both ...... like most of us .........Oh Happy Days .... :default_drinks: .......... who was that Welsh bird ..."Those were the days my friend ..we thought they'd ....." ??? Mary ....

"Hopkins"

How can I remember that name and struggle to remember what I had for breakfast.  :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Really i thought they were Australian, i very nearly bought one once, test drove it, it was awesome. 

On 20 October 2017, the last existing vehicle plant located in Elizabeth was closed as the production of the Commodore ended. Holden continues solely as an importer of vehicles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes i was made aware of that many moons ago but i'm not comfortable leaving it in a public place out in the open plus i like to have access to it 24/7 for depositing goods and chattels acquired, is there any security there ?  Where i stay at the LK Metropole they have all i require but its a pain in the arse if you're looking at WS for a night out. 

Thai people will not steal from a temple grounds. Very bad karma.

great question and lets take face book for example. I do not feel there is as much business generated from it as many others do why ? Simple what good is it to have 50,000 members following business facebook page if they are not guys on the ground or frequent visitors ? I have thousands of friends on FB and many many of them have joined the same facebook pages i belong to which are lots of the night life ones. Well guess what they are guys that are not here and will never be coming here but interested none the less in the thailand nightlife cause where they live in Bumfuck Utah there is nothing like it. Lets see the hard numbers of the facebook guys that are here or come often and I assure you its a very small percentage of the total. So facebook great advertising ? Don't kid yourself.

I disagree.
I can’t speak for the likes page of my business as it is open to the general public but on my own Facebook page I review every friend request I have to see if they are either a customer I know or in some way connected to Thailand. I have some 3,000 friends, almost all are customers or potential customers. I can have fun on there, so a bit of marketing but also show a human side.
I can buy targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram which are, geometric, sex specific and age specific and those ads are not expensive.
I love forums as I hope my contributions to this one and others show but FB, Instagram and Google Business are the future.
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I disagree.
I can’t speak for the likes page of my business as it is open to the general public but on my own Facebook page I review every friend request I have to see if they are either a customer I know or in some way connected to Thailand. I have some 3,000 friends, almost all are customers or potential customers. I can have fun on there, so a bit of marketing but also show a human side.
I can buy targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram which are, geometric, sex specific and age specific and those ads are not expensive.
I love forums as I hope my contributions to this one and others show but FB, Instagram and Google Business are the future.

Well we can all agree to disagree I think some businesses can benefit but overall I just don't think it's any big deal I mean look how much good it did for scooters and secrets

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well we can all agree to disagree I think some businesses can benefit but overall I just don't think it's any big deal I mean look how much good it did for scooters and secrets

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I guess for a business it can be of some help, but it needs to be actively managed.  Well, like everything in any P.R. business.

6 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I guess for a business it can be of some help, but it needs to be actively managed.  Well, like everything in any P.R. business.

I agree and I'm sure that Phil it's the exception and by far not the rule as far as keeping an eye on Friends on Facebook the majority I have no question about it open a page up and then people flock to it and then they can say look how many followers I have when it doesn't mean shit to the bottom line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britboy said:

Hopkin . . . I'm old enough to remember that single . . 

mary hopkin was THOSE WERE the days my frined.. Oh happy days is a 300 yr old gospel song, released a few decades ago and feaured in "sister act" later with woopie goldberg..sorry, my OCd kicked in there

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Fully agree. Secrets, Rockhouse, Le Pub,  never would have walked in if I hadn't read about them on a forum.

According to many here Secrets was nothing without the forum. I think both Rockhouse and Le Pub do ok and not necessarily due associations with a forum.

As much as Pattaya Live may have been a draw in the older days in getting numbers in to the Rockhouse the majority of the usual patronage is now foot traffic that has no allegiance to any fora (according to owner).

Le Pub has increased it's patronage by association with 24/7 but both Phil's place and the Rockhouse no doubt survive due location and the popularity of the service given. When the hosts are around they do well.

Both Le Pub and Rockhouse seem to have done ok while others fade into nostalgic history.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and my son never had a bad word to say about it and he worked in Sydney.

50 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and my son never had a bad word to say about it and he worked in Sydney.

Khun C,

worked down there on major constructions on/off over 30yrs

a place I either loved or hated,loved the harbour and beach areas,not much on the inner city suburbs,only if I was getting a leg over.

they ladies where easy,some of the harbour pubs could be backs to the wall at times,but I loved the life.

not a great deal of racism,well maybe the indigerous or Indian uni students may see it different

i was married to a black lady and seen some directed towards her,but she was no shrinking violet,soon seen saw that off.

some great pub bands was about in the 60s70s80s,all the top Aussie bands at one time or another played pubs in the top cities all over OZ.

shit! Pump hope Larry understands I was doing some shit stirring? :default_268213: earlier in this thread

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1