Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

What a shame that Stew had to announce it on here.
There should have been a last hurrah.
At least he was able to let us know which I'm sure many here appreciate at least I do should have been something for the closure maybe a small get-together or something but pretty easy to pull the plug and not do anything as has been done

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

At least he was able to let us know which I'm sure many here appreciate at least I do should have been something for the closure maybe a small get-together or something but pretty easy to pull the plug and not do anything as has been done

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Killing the forum with no warning actually fits in perfectly with Bens past actions....Besides there was nothing much left to save anymore...
Its kind of funny that one of the last threads standing at the end was last post wins....A thread I did not think would last one day...

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

So it's finally official, sad to see the old girl finally go. I grew up on that forum and made many many friends there. And for a long time it was the best Pattaya forum going. But sadly all good things do come to an end. 

But on the bright side. I found this new forum called Thailand247 and it's got everything going for itself to have a very bright future. So I think I'll stick around and for the next 10 years and see how she goes.

BINGO MATE

• Like 4

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

I can confirm that the Secrets forum has been shut down permanently.

Sad to see it happen;  a chunk of Pattaya history and tens of thousands of posts and pictures have disappeared along with it.   I guess it was inevitable once the board lost momentum, but nevertheless still sad.

"Beat the drum slowly and play the fife lowly;

"Sing the dead march as you carry me along."

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

The thing i like about this forum is there are no shit stirrers and trolls,those were kicked out early doors.Everyone posts in a decent way so it don't put new members off.

We have the good members from the other forums,just need Big John and Strider to start their photo threads on here.

I agree completely.  The absence of trolls is a huge factor in this board's favor.  A couple of the more notable bridge dwellers haven't even bothered to join.   Garfieldtiny.jpg  default_rolleyes.gif

Well done!

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

The thing i like about this forum is there are no shit stirrers and trolls,those were kicked out early doors.Everyone posts in a decent way so it don't put new members off.

We have the good members from the other forums,just need Big John and Strider to start their photo threads on here.

I love the banter here,The Ashes thread being a prime example of it,and hope it continues the same way.

Many of us have tried to get striderman over here he's a stubborn son of a bitch having some drinks with him on Wednesday I'll push him once again. Big John has been here for ages now that secrets is gone I'm sure he's going to come out of the closet.

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Many of us have tried to get striderman over here he's a stubborn son of a bitch having some drinks with him on Wednesday I'll push him once again. Big John has been here for ages now that secrets is gone I'm sure he's going to come out of the closet.

Striderman? Stubborn? Never!!! 

I keep dropping not so subtle hints....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

.  The absence of trolls is a huge factor in this board's favor.  A couple of the more notable bridge dwellers haven't even bothered to join.   Garfieldtiny.jpg  default_rolleyes.gif

Well done!

Evil

And this is a very good thing for this board. Too many fuckwits on the other boards!!

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Always used to leave my car or bike in the temple up Pattaya Tai before heading to Walking Street, never had a problem there.

Yes i was made aware of that many moons ago but i'm not comfortable leaving it in a public place out in the open plus i like to have access to it 24/7 for depositing goods and chattels acquired, is there any security there ?  Where i stay at the LK Metropole they have all i require but its a pain in the arse if you're looking at WS for a night out. 

10 hours ago, fforest said:

Killing the forum with no warning actually fits in perfectly with Bens past actions....Besides there was nothing much left to save anymore...
Its kind of funny that one of the last threads standing at the end was last post wins....A thread I did not think would last one day...

Ben started a thread about six months ago saying he had had enough of forums and was going to try just having one level for a while ( why he didn't sell it when he had the opportunity only he can say ) The forum was barely alive just a few posts each day , most of the people popping in where just to see if it was still there .. putting it out of it's misery seems like the humane thing to do ....

28EB7987-81E6-4483-99E1-20A2BDB9D474.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Ben started a thread about six months ago saying he had had enough of forums and was going to try just having one level for a while ( why he didn't sell it when he had the opportunity only he can say ) The forum was barely alive just a few posts each day , most of the people popping in where just to see if it was still there .. putting it out of it's misery seems like the humane thing to do ....

28EB7987-81E6-4483-99E1-20A2BDB9D474.jpeg

Mr Egg I think wanted to buy the forum....It could still be sold....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fforest said:

Mr Egg I think wanted to buy the forum....It could still be sold....

The registration for the domain name secretsasia.com expires 

Registry Expiry Date: 2020-06-30T19:36:38Z

so someone may be able to grab it in about 9 months time.

As to the actual forum content, I believe that many of the problems with the downtime experienced in the last couple of years was that there wasn't any backup. All the decent content was lost with the move to the single level.

I also believe that when a forum is moved to Tapatalk it's almost impossible to get it back.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes i was made aware of that many moons ago but i'm not comfortable leaving it in a public place out in the open plus i like to have access to it 24/7 for depositing goods and chattels acquired, is there any security there ?  Where i stay at the LK Metropole they have all i require but its a pain in the arse if you're looking at WS for a night out. 

They do have a couple of guys who hand out tickets, maybe the patrol as well. It is also a temple car park so may spook a few locals from theft. Not sure about the monks though lol

• Thumbs Up 1