Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

3 hours ago, monkeyman said:

She was discovered on a talent show called Opportunity Knocks but the Beatles signed her to their label and Paul McCartney wrote her first hit Those Were The Days. 

nearly.

that was a russian folk song, re written by an ameican into english, but McCartney did  produce it, and write goodbye, whch was a #2

😉

12 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

nearly.

that was a russian folk song, re written by an ameican into english, but McCartney did  produce it, and write goodbye, whch was a #2

😉

goodbye was so typical a mccartney song ,, in fact there is a vid of her recording it, and him directing er.. hang on will find it

23 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

she was a miserbaly ungrateful woman.  slagged mccartney off, who got her into the top 10  twice, and then mickey most who was the most prolific manager in the UK at the time.  but heres the song , I think its brill and as said.. see macca in it too

Goodbye. :default_goodjob:

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Rockhouse seem to have done ok while others fade into nostalgic history.

Like everyone else must have been by a 1001 times but never been in because never anyone ever in there. Cant be coincidence everytime. Is it a front for something ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RR007 said:

Like everyone else must have been by a 1001 times but never been in because never anyone ever in there. Cant be coincidence everytime. Is it a front for something ?

The Rockhouse does most of it's business between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am (again according to the manager) and I have no reason to doubt him as he seems to be turning a profit where others don't. It is Alex's business and he is one of the longest serving owners of a bar in that area. I am sure like many he is seeing a downturn in his business including noticing many friends walk by when they could open the doors and pop in.

I don't tend to pop in when Alex is not there as I like his company although I have always had a friendly welcome when there without his presence.  I tend not to make it passed 11 pm though so there have been many nights when the business is doing OK.

I question the view about 'like everyone else' though as I doubt he would be open if there was no one ever visiting. I also hope you are just using LK Metro as a means to get to another destination as going passed 1001 times with the view to going in the bar is a bit worrying lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I question the view about 'like everyone else' though as I doubt he would be open if there was no one ever visiting. I also hope you are just using LK Metro as a means to get to another destination as going passed 1001 times with the view to going in the bar is a bit worrying lol.

No I'm usual in and around the Go Go Bars there Champagne Showgirls Queen and all the rest.  I was sat at the bar beside Rockhouse genuinely cant remember name but had load of girls in same kit and karoake. One of the girls turned out to be someone I hadnt seen for years. Long story short ended up with her for 5 nights. Sat there thinking exactly same about RH then night after night. I would say and agree with you that I probably wouldnt notice after 11pm as liable to be pissed by then lol

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, RR007 said:

You make a fair point.. I have been there when I have been the only customer but also when the place was packed and when there treated well with no problems ... in fact in the past they have had great parties which actually carried over to the soi..

A fair few people have a shot at Alex... some justifiable..... some not..... but he is still in business while a lot of other places have died. He has been in Metro when it was just starting off.... but still there.

Personally I reckon it is time to put Secrets to bed.... it is over.... no more... RIP Secrets..... fun while it lasted.

cheers 

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, RR007 said:

Rockhouse? Not even sure where it is, LK Metro area I believe, spent a bit of time around there but never noticed the place. Was described on Sshh as the venue that can accommodate large groups of people at very short notice 

12 hours ago, roobob said:

A fair few people have a shot at Alex... some justifiable..... some not..... but he is still in business while a lot of other places have died. He has been in Metro when it was just starting off.... but still there.

Buddy I wouldnt have clue who Alex was if he was standing in front of me lol. Now you've said the name yes heard of it before but thats all.  When I said earlier in the thread is it a front for something I wasnt being sarcastic nor any agenda. I never see anyone in there but acknowledge from what HD said that its busy from 11pm to 5am when its unlikely I'd notice anyway. Fair enough in that case.Obviously if you've been around in same location for extensive time you're doing something right

the price is not the key issue.  the overheads are.  and the location. 

as i have always said, the hotel SHOULD support most of the fixed costs, its in an ideal location, alebeit without lift or parking.  the bar tho is going to be a hard one to gt going in todays market, in an otherwise empty side soi, with zero expat customs regulars.  its like a brand new venture now, nothing in the way of goodwill.

who ever take sit on has to budget for 1 yrs full costs in the bank, including staff.. and expect to make zip from feb to october.  that in itself is the real price of the business.  that the real investment.  not the old bar stools and tables..  but the predicted cost of turning it from a maulsoleam to a business.  plus who ever buys it was expected to buy that lovely ltd company that goes along with it.   doing that means you take on its liabilities, known and unknown.

all adds up to a lot more that the 600K

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2