Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

6 hours ago, Painter said:

Wont let me log on, or when I do log on it says I need to be a member to see anything.... but then tells me I am logged on.... but that I have to be logged on as a member to see anything.... confused? ....'cos i am!

I've been getting what sounds like that too.  It's trying to get users to sign up for a Tapatalk account which I don't wait, so although I can log in I can't get past the Tapatalk banner.

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I'm getting a website taking too long to reply timing out first time that's happened or maybe they've closed the back door on me 🙂

Connection timed out for me too.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Not quite - Secrets Hotel remains largely unaffected by the surrounding trials and tribulations. 

And even the new hotel which appeared on booking.com a few days ago. 😉

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by KWA
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Well I can log on but I can't go anywhere. I cannot get to current post to read or reply. Thought it was a temporary thing but just tried and it's the same thing. I can get on but can't navigate. 

Poor Big John. .....

Big John is the main person who kept the Secrets forum going at the end....Thumper63 helped a lot too.....I just posted a little....I think between Big John and Thumpers posts that had to be between 50-60% of the posts.....

This site can’t be reached

secretsasia.com took too long to respond.

Here is what I get when I click on secrets......

I was under the impression that with Tap Talk hosting the site that it would cost Secrets almost zero dollars with almost zero maintenance...  I could be wrong about this but I dont really see a need to kill it....

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

I was under the impression that with Tap Talk hosting the site that it would cost Secrets almost zero dollars with almost zero maintenance...  I could be wrong about this but I dont really see a need to kill it....

Yes agree a natural death

5 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Well I can log on but I can't go anywhere. I cannot get to current post to read or reply. Thought it was a temporary thing but just tried and it's the same thing. I can get on but can't navigate. 

Poor Big John. .....

That's what I was trying to say, when @Krapow accused me of being in cambridge! 😁

Edit... cant even get to the log on page today... just hangs then says cant be reached, took  too long

Edited by Painter

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Redirects me straight to secretscambodia.com

Well Ben seemed just fine with deleting many long running threads with-out warning....So I am sure hes just fine with turning off a web site with out warning....

Secrets web site might have been Bens but he had NO RIGHT to delete many entire threads that were not his out of the blue...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well Ben seemed just fine with deleting many long running threads with-out warning....So I am sure hes just fine with turning off a web site with out warning....

Secrets web site might have been Bens but he had NO RIGHT to delete many entire threads that were not his out of the blue...

Might not be right.... but as he owns the site... he  has that right. When all first signed up... was it not one of the conditions that what was posted was then under the ownership of that site( or along those lines)??? If so... as said... he can do what he wants.

Anyway... it has been ongoing for over a year now...… people knew it was coming to this conclusion.... things change..... move on and embrace the future.... the Secrets Forum is no more..... just one of those things.... buggar me... it is not the end of the world.... it was just a forum.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 3