Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yes, reminds of the thread a while ago, cathe the n you tell when a poster is under the influence :default_biggrin:

Live was the worst for me,plenty there loved a row. Mike Asia after he had a skinfull, one ball wanted to fight me etc. Half the forum seemed pissed most of the time. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

Shitfest, arguing just for the sake of it, A4 length answers on a  simple subject, vulgarity, people unable to debate, racism, extremism, are all things that bore me fast and would have me leave.

Oh yes, and anything slightly negative on the NBZ, its inhabitants and gastronomy are totally unacceptable ! 😁😁😄😄

• Haha 1

If it was still in existence the Secrets political threads would have gone thermonuclear with all the current Trump antics. 

I can see where the OP is coming from, some folk seem to live only to have online arguments. 

I heard an interview with a deliberate self confessed internet Troll. He said he had two sentences that he could adapt to any subject that get people fired up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

the politics section was st up to let them wot like a s fest have their fun, keeping it off the main board.   personal attacks arent gonna happen either but banter and life is alos the heart of a forum.  the ex shh crew that has been here a while has settled in nicely too.  so all good

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

A lot of the "shitfests" on the other board in the politics section occurred partially because the rules allowed - "anything goes" basically.

Occasionally it bled over into some of the other threads, but was for the most part managed.

Then (because of one very distraught BM) the rules were changed. But IMO it was handled a bit uneven. But that's then, and it's over. Either way they lost many many good posters as a result.

My point here.... Recognize how the initial rules are. Adjust as need be, if necessary. Do not change drastically because one or two BM's are having a hissy fit. If you are going to make changes do so carefully, and even handedly. Radical changes may be good in theory, but they do have consequences if not handled properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

A lot of the "shitfests" on the other board in the politics section occurred partially because the rules allowed - "anything goes" basically.

Occasionally it bled over into some of the other threads, but was for the most part managed.

Then (because of one very distraught BM) the rules were changed. But IMO it was handled a bit uneven. But that's then, and it's over. Either way they lost many many good posters as a result.

My point here.... Recognize how the initial rules are. Adjust as need be, if necessary. Do not change drastically because one or two BM's are having a hissy fit. If you are going to make changes do so carefully, and even handedly. Radical changes may be good in theory, but they do have consequences if not handled properly.

HaHaHa ...boo hoo hoo 

After  I  have recovered from my inconsolable mirth at this post..i then try to extract a smidgin of what is "emolliently"  not "all things to all people" within it ..still trying! Your  post,respectfully, is purile  drivel ...especially the last paragraph.It says nothing,means nothing,conveys nothing and advances nothing,

Vacillation  and fence sitting  is not a virtue in itself , foul mouthed personal insults are not a virtue,foul mouthed pathetic" assassinations"  of those with  which whom you disagree without robust explanation is not a virtue ,foul mouthedness in itself as a matter of course  implies  poor reasoning and articulation of an argument ....I am sure you would agree 

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

HaHaHa ...boo hoo hoo 

After  I  have recovered from my inconsolable mirth at this post..i then try to extract a smidgin of what is "emolliently"  not "all things to all people" within it ..still trying! Your  post,respectfully, is purile  drivel ...especially the last paragraph.It says nothing,means nothing,conveys nothing and advances nothing,

Vacillation  and fence sitting  is not a virtue in itself , foul mouthed personal insults are not a virtue,foul mouthed pathetic" assassinations"  of those with  which whom you disagree without robust explanation is not a virtue ,foul mouthedness in itself as a matter of course  implies  poor reasoning and articulation of an argument ....I am sure you would agree 

I wish you'd stop using big words and sentences, Google is fed up with me 🤣

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I think they get a lot of views cause for me, it was just flat out entertainment. Some of the Secrets fests were great. Especially Gabor and Brownie ... 

The Gabor KFC thread on Secrets had to be the most entertaining and inadvertently hilarious thread on any board, ever. Funniest thing was, Gabor never really grasped what the thread was about.  :default_071:

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The Gabor KFC thread on Secrets had to be the most entertaining and inadvertently hilarious thread on any board, ever. Funniest thing was, Gabor never really grasped what the thread was about.  :default_071:

Evil

I find that comment to be hardly neutral,as much as I value your input to various fora it is a tad unlikely that you are expressing objective comment

The KFC  thread was entertaniing but it was a storm in a teacup

A blip in the great scheme of things,unimportant ...unless you had a prior agenda!

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

burnt chip gate was good

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

I find that comment to be hardly neutral,as much as I value your input to various fora it is a tad unlikely that you are expressing objective comment

I'm not sure neutrality or objectivity are relevant when it comes to comments about shitfeasts on punter boards. It wouldn't be a shitfeast if it hadn't from the beginning strayed well outside the bounds of reasonable discussion.

The KFC thread was entertaniing but it was a storm in a teacup
     A blip the great scheme of things,unimportant ...unless you had a prior agenda

The fact the KFC thread was a storm in a teacup is exactly what made it the perfect example of a humorous shitfeast.  The entire argument- pages and pages of it- was based on nothing more important than wheither Gabor was holding a bucket of KFC or a bag of traditional fried chicken when Brownie and others encountered him on WS that night. The thread was absurdity personifided.   

But I am curious about one thing- how does thinking the KFC thread was exceptionally funny give any indication of a prior agenda on my my part?

Evil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not sure neutrality or objectivity are relevant when it comes to comments about shitfeasts on punter boards. It wouldn't be a shitfeast if it hadn't from the beginning strayed well outside the bounds of reasonable discussion.

The fact the KFC thread was a storm in a teacup is exactly what made it the perfect example of a humorous shitfeast.  The entire argument- pages and pages of it- was based on nothing more important than wheither Gabor was holding a bucket of KFC or a bag of traditional fried chicken when Brownie and others encountered him on WS that night. The thread was absurdity personifided.   

But I am curious about one thing- how does thinking the KFC thread was exceptionally funny give any indication of a prior agenda on my my part?

Evil

I dont think it is any secret that you and  Gabor have had a long history of disagreement particularly  on food related issues.I think the KFC  thread was weaponised to marginalise  his opinion

In my opinion the KFC thread  was superficially  amusing  but was not a game changer in terms of the opposing views which you and he seemed to hold 

41 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

I dont think it is any secret that you and  Gabor have had a long history of disagreement particularly  on food related issues.I think the KFC  thread was weaponised to marginalise  his opinion

In my opinion the KFC thread  was superficially  amusing  but was not a game changer in terms of the opposing views which you and he seemed to hold 

remeber it more about brownie & gabor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The entire argument- pages and pages of it- was based on nothing more important than wheither Gabor was holding a bucket of KFC or a bag of traditional fried chicken when Brownie and others encountered him on WS that night.

IIRC Brownie took a pic of him and a gal waiting outside a food stall with the evidence in his hand to prove his point, it was pure absurd comedy gold lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 1

My favourite Secrets shitfest was Chang Fai, versus the pizza takeaway owner (site that now is Brooklyn Pizzas)

Chang Fai was a Scottish gent, who divided opinions to put it mildly and could be somewhat picky and abrasive 🤔. He had an argument in the pizza takeaway over his pizza (he did like his food cooked just so) and the owner in colorful language told him to remove himself from the high class diner and not return.

Chang recounted the tale on Secrets really laying into the establishment. The pizza owner then signed up and attacked Chang Fai online, having a total meltdown, threatening him with violence.

It was spectacular 😀

Terrible publicity for the business, even in Chang Fai was going over-board, the owner attacking him online was over-the-top. The shop eventually stopped trading, don't know how if was harmed by this episode.

Most of the shitfests on Secrets, I just found to be tedious and unpleasant. Not having them on here is one of the big attractions of this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

My favourite Secrets shitfest was Chang Fai, versus the pizza takeaway owner (site that now is Brooklyn Pizzas)

Chang Fai was a Scottish gent, who divided opinions to put it mildly and could be somewhat picky and abrasive 🤔. He had an argument in the pizza takeaway over his pizza (he did like his food cooked just so) and the owner in colorful language told him to remove himself from the high class diner and not return.

Chang recounted the tale on Secrets really laying into the establishment. The pizza owner then signed up and attacked Chang Fai online, having a total meltdown, threatening him with violence.

It was spectacular 😀

Terrible publicity for the business, even in Chang Fai was going over-board, the owner attacking him online was over-the-top. The shop eventually stopped trading, don't know how if was harmed by this episode.

Most of the shitfests on Secrets, I just found to be tedious and unpleasant. Not having them on here is one of the big attractions of this forum.

Thats one of the things about some Pattaya "residents" ..they would get into a fight over a 100B pizza....

• Haha 2