Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Stew should of worked at his local crematorium.🤣

Well i will stick up for Boyde, and fully agree with him.

Of course it's each to their own and in recent years it seems to of become fashionable to eat meats increasingly raw.

I've given up ordering beefsteak in any restaurant for a few years now as it's almost impossible to find a place where they will actually cook it !! If it's pink then it's not been hot, and if it's not been hot then it's not cooked, it's really that simple.....

Some/many may call be a Heathen, which is fair enough and i have no problem with that at all. But i do want my meats cooked all the way through.

Who would say that this is cooked ?? I'd wager that it's not even warm in the middle !!!!

Edited by SteveBC

3 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Well i will stick up for Boyde, and fully agree with him.

Of course it's each to their own and in recent years it seems to of become fashionable to eat meats increasingly raw.

I've given up ordering beefsteak in any restaurant for a few years now as it's almost impossible to find a place where they will actually cook it !! If it's pink then it's not been hot, and if it's not been hot then it's not cooked, it's really that simple.....

Some/many may call be a Heathen, which is fair enough and i have no problem with that at all. But i do want my meats cooked all the way through.

Who would say that this is cooked ?? I'd wager that it's not even warm in the middle !!!!

For what it's worth, the sausage goes on the indirect side of the grill first.  When the bbq is closed, it registers over 230°C (450°F) and it is closed while the potatoes and the sausages spend their time crisping and browning over direct heat.  They're baked in indirect heat the rest of the time.  No reason to burn the outside to cook them thoroughly. 

Also, if "in recent years" you mean at least since the 1600s it's recorded that people have enjoyed beef steaks toward the rare side, I'm not nearly old enough to consider that recent. 

Medium rare for us, so direct heat only and off the grill when the center gets to 125°F (52°C) and it finishes cooking the last few minutes on the platter.  Seared outside and warm red middle is perfect for beef steaks.

I'm cool with everyone else's choices in food.  I even find @galenkia's photos very appetizing, and I'm far toward the carnivore side of the omnivore scale.

• Like 2