Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

When we had the first half of this joint of beef roasted it was a tad tough,so the missus boiled the rest & used the water for the gravy.A few other things added like cinnamon,Sri Racha sauce & peppercorns made it a very nice meal & you could cut the meat with a spoon.

c1f688ae-57f7-4155-b56c-d3f11276997a.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, boydeste said:

When you get too close like that, the phones struggle to focus mate.

I wasn't close at all.... but I have discovered more about how to use the food setting on the camera. Hopefully tomorrow's effort will be better!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

I wasn't close at all.... but I have discovered more about how to use the food setting on the camera. Hopefully tomorrow's effort will be better!

You haven't got the whole plate in the picture, were you on zoom then?

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You haven't got the whole plate in the picture, were you on zoom then?

Not zoomed in at all. Just changed to a food setting and didnt understand (probably still don't!!) how it worked.

Things can only get better.... I hope!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Painter said:

Not zoomed in at all. Just changed to a food setting and didnt understand (probably still don't!!) how it worked.

Things can only get better.... I hope!

Practise makes perfect for sure!

I took a picture on the food setting on my phone for the first time today, apart from it giving me an option to choose a focal point, which I didn't, there was little difference between the 2 pics. I will load them up to compare.

20210106_125806.jpgIMG_20210106_57956.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

@Painter

From my two pictures above, it looks like the food that was inside the little box on my screen is the only bit that is in focus and it has blurred the rest out. ( top pic )

I have the option to expand that area on my phone which looks like it's a circle, so can effectively make it big enough to cover the whole plate, if that makes sense.

I can't see an advantage of this over my normal settings unless trying to target an individual plate on a table for example.

A coincidence I was playing with this today too, but you now got me thinking. LOL 

God I must be bored in lockdown!