Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd own up to not being a steak fan, doubt I've had one in the past 5 years. I could though make an exception for yours looks top quality👍

It is not that I don't like steaks .. but, I have eaten any beef for going on close to 20 years .. other than an a very occasional cheese burger ....  or when I go on holiday outside of Thailand ...

When I first came to BKK there was a great butcher shop around the corner from Villa on Sukhumvit .. and I would buy good steaks from him ... he closed many years ago ... and I am not keen on buying frozen steaks or the selections that they have in Villa Market ....

I could be crazy .. but here in Thailand I don't think the beef is so good ...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It is not that I don't like steaks .. but, I have eaten any beef for going on close to 20 years .. other than an a very occasional cheese burger ....  or when I go on holiday outside of Thailand ...

When I first came to BKK there was a great butcher shop around the corner from Villa on Sukhumvit .. and I would buy good steaks from him ... he closed many years ago ... and I am not keen on buying frozen steaks or the selections that they have in Villa Market ....

I could be crazy .. but here in Thailand I don't think the beef is so good ...

In the early 80's there was a German restaurant opposite the Marine Bar in Pattaya that had a good reputation so I ordered a filet steak there once.I reckon it was water buffalo meat,after I sent it back the third time they let me order something else.

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jok .. one of my favorites

IMG_6120.JPG

That actually looks good. Never heard of it. Does it always come with the skewers of meat ?

Also... not sure if you know this but is that a more common southern dish. or can it be found in all regions ?

Just now, Glasseye said:

That soup looks like one of my all time, life long favorites. I can remember eating that when I was four years old and have never tired of it.

Campbells Beef Vegetable Soup

It is actually home made, with beef stock, carrot, corn and onion with a little pepper.

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

For the Marie Rose sauce:

4 tbspn creme fraiche

1 tbpsn tomato ketchup

Dash of tabasco sauce

Dash of Worcester sauce

Juice of half a lemon

just mix together 

thanks.   Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is creme frachie ?Can you use something else in it's place ? If not, can you find it in LOS ?

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

thanks.   Sorry to sound like an idiot, but what is creme frachie ?Can you use something else in it's place ? If not, can you find it in LOS ?

Sour cream, mayonnaise , Greek yogurt would work 

Its similar to a thousand island dressing in the US 

• Thumbs Up 1