Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Wrestling fans will remember this guy, Kamala the Ugandan Giant(he was actually American). Dad took me to the Forum in Montreal in 1987, the main event was him against Hulk Hogan. 
He suffered lots due to diabetes, had a leg amputated among other things, and Covid-19 finally did him in at 70. RIP

431F04CB-04FC-40E5-8864-CF3C3249C20D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may have known Khaimook (Mook) who worked at Sapphire and then Queen on LK Metro.  She passed away from kidney failure brought on by the chronic disease lupus.  Her funeral is today in Pattaya.

Khaimook3.jpg

She was a lovely young lady who seemed to be on track for a better life.  She'd saved her money and recently finished a house in Isaan. She's also found a boyfriend with whom she was happy.  It's tragic she got struck down so young.

RIP2a.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

Some of you may have known Khaimook (Mook) who worked at Sapphire and then Queen on LK Metro.  She passed away from kidney failure brought on by the chronic disease lupus.  Her funeral is today in Pattaya.
Khaimook3.thumb.jpg.b03c2b76179511f0bd27da4f1416fc66.jpg
She was a lovely young lady who seemed to be on track for a better life.  She'd saved her money and recently finished a house in Isaan. She's also found a boyfriend with whom she was happy.  It's tragic she got struck down so young.
RIP2a.gif.9d5dc14d8811aaa262c67ba36560ad33.gif

Saw this reported in the Walking St Line group, but didn’t know who she was. Very sad. May she Rest In Peace.
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 3:51 AM, Evil Penevil said:

Khaimook3.jpg

Very sad, so young and pretty

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/us/tom-seaver-dies-spt-trnd/index.html

This guy was unbelievable back in the day with The Mets. 

I was surprised, he passed on the 31st but I only saw it on ESPN website yesterday. Had COVID-19 and Lew Body Dementia, which Robin Williams also had. He and Walter Johnson only pitchers to retire with 300 wins, 3000 K, and ERA below 3.......that shows how good he was. I stopped playing ball at 16 once I took my first golf lesson, Canada did not a good system for players to advance, very rare to even get an NCAA scholarship. 

One funny thing I learned Mike, was in my last year, playing left field. The boys were all becoming stronger, with harder pitchers.....though I rarely saw more than 75mph, we had a guy who maybe hit 83 but was wild. Anyway, the other suburb’s player had a rep for power and hits the highest fly ball I ever saw. The only time in my life I had to camp under the ball and wait for apex, follow it down, and make the catch. They make it look so easy on TV, but the reality is, a near miss homer can get very high, and is gaining velocity on the way down. So we should all take it easy on the guy who drops an “easy one” 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:15 PM, Golfingboy said:

I was surprised, he passed on the 31st but I only saw it on ESPN website yesterday. Had COVID-19 and Lew Body Dementia, which Robin Williams also had. He and Walter Johnson only pitchers to retire with 300 wins, 3000 K, and ERA below 3.......that shows how good he was. I stopped playing ball at 16 once I took my first golf lesson, Canada did not a good system for players to advance, very rare to even get an NCAA scholarship. 

One funny thing I learned Mike, was in my last year, playing left field. The boys were all becoming stronger, with harder pitchers.....though I rarely saw more than 75mph, we had a guy who maybe hit 83 but was wild. Anyway, the other suburb’s player had a rep for power and hits the highest fly ball I ever saw. The only time in my life I had to camp under the ball and wait for apex, follow it down, and make the catch. They make it look so easy on TV, but the reality is, a near miss homer can get very high, and is gaining velocity on the way down. So we should all take it easy on the guy who drops an “easy one” 

Well said, played at San Jose State for 4 years, thought I was going to make it to the big leagues and get drafted. Fat chance, only hit .290 and if you did not hit .320 or above at the collegiate level, you were not going to get drafted. I too played the outfield and had pretty good "wheels" back in the day. The jump between High School and College is pretty substantial. I am pretty sure I could have taken Roger Clemens deep out of the yard though at Fenway LOL!  I was a left handed batter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well said, played at San Jose State for 4 years, thought I was going to make it to the big leagues and get drafted. Fat chance, only hit .290 and if you did not hit .320 or above at the collegiate level, you were not going to get drafted. I too played the outfield and had pretty good "wheels" back in the day. The jump between High School and College is pretty substantial. I am pretty sure I could have taken Roger Clemens deep out of the yard though at Fenway LOL!  I was a left handed batter. 

I always wondered how far the steroid guys would have hit with an aluminum bat, if it’s that big of an advantage. I loved wood myself, and purchased a few, the team’s were all aluminum. Anyway, more sad news as Lou Brock, the best base stealer ever before Rickey came along, has passed at 81

1B4A6ECD-7CF7-4956-9441-446FB6FECD86.jpeg

• Like 1