Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

4 hours ago, grayray said:

lost me old mum 14years ago,

mate it gets a bit easier as time goes,

R.I.P. Mothers all over the world

regards

grayray

Thanks G 

I knew it was going to happen eventually but her detiorioration over the last couple of weeks was a shock. It happened so quickly. The worst part for me is the fact that I've lost my father, mother and younger brother in the space of 8 years. As you know here in the UK we are self distancing and me not be able to even have my daughter here for support is bloody hard going. My wife is stuck in Sweden working so I've got feckin nobody to lean on. 

Trying to arrange a funeral is slow as everything is being done over the phone..... I'm buggered mentally. 

When I do wake up in a morning it soon hits me this covid feckin shit that I'd forgotten about during the previous night. Nothings nice right now. Just want to get on a plane and feck off to Sweden to be with who I need right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Thanks G 

I knew it was going to happen eventually but her detiorioration over the last couple of weeks was a shock. It happened so quickly. The worst part for me is the fact that I've lost my father, mother and younger brother in the space of 8 years. As you know here in the UK we are self distancing and me not be able to even have my daughter here for support is bloody hard going. My wife is stuck in Sweden working so I've got feckin nobody to lean on. 

Trying to arrange a funeral is slow as everything is being done over the phone..... I'm buggered mentally. 

When I do wake up in a morning it soon hits me this covid feckin shit that I'd forgotten about during the previous night. Nothings nice right now. Just want to get on a plane and feck off to Sweden to be with who I need right now. 

Mate,just repeat a dozen times ,"f**k it don't mean nothing" it works for me.

also just keep thinking of the times she made you smile and laugh.

"may the wind be at your back always,

may the rain fall gently on your fields"

regards

grayray

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Don Shula, legendary Miami Dolphins head coach, has died at age 90

...and Baltimore Colts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/don-shula-age-90/

ap-6411220111.jpg

Hated the man as a kid, my Dad was a huge Joe Namath fan and raised me on the Jets. We had some very bad years(still do) in the 80’s and 90’s, Marino and Co. gave us many beatings. 

But as I grew up, the hate subsided, he was a great man and coach. RIP Don

• Like 1

RIP . Great song. There were always stories about her and her time in the UK when she first became famous. Involved a lot if big name rock stars.
Great song, party classic.
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, coxyhog said:

Loved that song. I’m still a lollipop fan. 🤗

6DAF1D82-F197-4E30-8386-AC46E90DAE79.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

RIP . Great song. There were always stories about her and her time in the UK when she first became famous. Involved a lot if big name rock stars.
Great song, party classic.

She was a bit tasty....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

No way.....RIP. As much as we hate all this social distancing and the economy dying, the number of fatalities we keep seeing shows we are nowhere near re-opening. Unless we don’t mind stacking many more corpses 

Still don't get why most of my work mates don't get it considering one of our drivers died from it. 

Yes he was 70, but he had recently had his annual medical to renew his HGV licence and was in good health. 

JACK MUNDY at 90,died on sunday 10-5-20

worked with Jack as part of the ABLF union he was state secretary and without him the Sydney Harbour would have been totally different.

he led the green bans on the old buildings in the rocks, No demolition could be done without the support of the BLF,he blacked ban all the buildings of the Rocks,

the state premier Robert Askins wanted to "raze the historic houses and pubs and build a modern concrete harbourfront"

Jack along with Bob Hawke R.I.P. was the best public speakers I heard,could both talk on a subject for 2hours and hardly repeat themselves.

Jack was a hard core Commo I did not support him politicaly I supported him as a Union leader.

R.I.P comrade "up the old red rooster and more piss"

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1