Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Former drummer Lee Kerslake died only a few weeks ago. 

You don't realise how old these musicians you grew up listening to are now until they pass. 

RIP

I remember when my mum and dad used to talk about all their favourite film stars, TV characters and singers etc that were dying off, seems that is happening in my life now, some are even younger than me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I remember when my mum and dad used to talk about all their favourite film stars, TV characters and singers etc that were dying off, seems that is happening in my life now, some are even younger than me.

Welcome to life and getting old.

Getting old sucks for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Lord Jonathan Sacks , former chief Rabbi 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54857556?fbclid=IwAR2iVNC9zIbZvaqqhUGULYhg97xKKXxWiBSa-IfDGAR38v1zS0GYzbWAT5A

he used to be a regular on R4 thought for the day 

What a man. Listened to his thought for the day many a time and his voice and statements just resonated with me and from that, he came across as a very caring and understanding man. May he rest in peace 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Trebek has my respect, the guy worked until Oct 29th, taping the show still with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer......

Used to watch Jeopardy - the Art Fleming days -- with my grandmother many many moons ago...it was her favorite show.

I was a well read nerdy kid & could answer a lot of the answers...more brain cells back then. 😉

Trebek was an icon of positivism. Making it to 80 is not so bad. We all should be so lucky (my Dad worked until he was 81, died at 82).

Hope life is treating you well in Man Jose. Must be nice having the Mrs. around in these days of semi-isolation.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lazarus said:

Used to watch Jeopardy - the Art Fleming days -- with my grandmother many many moons ago...it was her favorite show.

I was a well read nerdy kid & could answer a lot of the answers...more brain cells back then. 😉

Trebek was an icon of positivism. Making it to 80 is not so bad. We all should be so lucky (my Dad worked until he was 81, died at 82).

Hope life is treating you well in Man Jose. Must be nice having the Mrs. around in these days of semi-isolation.

For sure Jeopardy was an all time favorite of mine, about 10 years ago they had a category of "British Progressive Bands"  I about died when one of the questions was " In 1973, this band recorded the album entitled Tales From Topographic Oceans"?  Well of course it was "Yes" nobody knew the answer.  Winterland 1974 was that albums tour, I was there, and forever a die hard Yes Fan...seems like yesterday. 

Wifey is fine, yep nice to have around....except trying to explain to her the "Electoral College" vote in America.....after about an hour, I was going to see if you could score me 20 "Fentanyl" from one of your connections up in the city. I figure 20 would take care of it LOL! 

IMG_2587-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3