F1

Stillearly

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Great win for Perez. Not a great fan of the Monaco GP though, as so little overtaking is possible. 

A joke of a procession for a race & a fashion show for the rich & famous.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A joke of a procession for a race & a fashion show for the rich & famous.

Bit of entertainment for the wealthy on their doorstep, proper parties on their yachts.

And on the driver's doorstep as they all live there.

Would love to experience it and see how the super rich live. You spend most GPs watching it on the screen anyway, especially the long tracks.

And most races are only going to have the usual people in the front places even on a good overtaking track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I know he's no longer in F1 but he made an awful lot of money from it....now HMRC are hot on his tail....

https://news.sky.com/story/bernie-ecclestone-charged-with-fraud-following-investigation-says-cps-12649985

Perhaps he could call his buddy Putin and ask for sanctuary.

Bernie Ecclestone would 'take a bullet' for Vladimir Putin; F1 distances itself from his comments

I found out Yesterday that my daughter's trip with husband and my grandson to Silverstone driving from Edinburgh cost them in total £1,700 . That was a Travel Lodge on the Thursday night, entry tickets, camping close by for three nights and driving back on the Monday.

They had a great time and the campsite had a large bar/restaurant doing excellent food but it is certainly not cheap to do F1. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

What a shame yesterday,all those French flags at the start & then their hero crashed whilst leading....😂

Yeah, I felt for him a bit, he could have at least got a first or second had he not crashed out. He lost a lot of points in the World Championship as a result and the gap has opened up even further between him and Max. One more race at Hungary before the summer break. Sainz did very well despite starting from the back of the grid, then getting a 5 second stop and go penalty for Pit Lane violation. 

This year is more exciting that 2021,IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, karon steve said:

Does anyone else think that maybe Charles took one for the team by saying that it was his mistake and not a recurring throttle problem?

That thought did cross my mind because those back wheels kept spinning when he would definitely of lifted once in the spin.

Big surprise....

How they start Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix

• 1. George Russell (Mercedes)
  • 2. Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)
  • 3. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
  • 4. Lando Norris (McLaren)
  • 5. Esteban Ocon (Alpine)
  • 6. Fernando Alonso (Alpine)
  • 7. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
  • 8. Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo)
  • 9. Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren)
  • 10. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
  • 11. Sergio Perez (Red Bull)

• Surprised 1

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

What an amazing performance by Verstappen at Spa.

From 14th place on the grid, he outclassed all of his competitors to win the race. This guy is in a class of his own right now. 

His car is in a class of it's own for sure!

1.8 seconds faster than the Mercedes in qualifying. 

Great race to watch. Been even better if he hadn't of had the help of the safety car.

Edited by boydeste

32 minutes ago, boydeste said:

His car is in a class of it's own for sure!

1.8 seconds faster than the Mercedes in qualifying. 

Great race to watch. Been even better if he hadn't of had the help of the safety car.

Ferrari have a good car, but they have been poor on strategy for the last few races. Still 7 raced to go so it's not over yet. But it will be if Red Bull can keep up their dominance