why is the world going nuts

grayray

18 minutes ago, RR007 said:

I'll tell you what they're going to do and have done which is strip shelves of carsie paper. I just been up Aldi before the sprogs mothers return from school runs and theres bugger all

I'm not stock piling lol I need some shithouse paper. Worse case scenarion the yellow pages will be utilised

Ridiculous!

Glad I ordered 4028 rolls online delivery last night. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Here in the Rocky Mountains we are not to worried at this point... BUT we are als very aware of what could be coming. Not everyone here is a survivalist but only a fool wouldnt have a pantry stocked for a month or two just in case the shit hits the fan.

Terrry,

Do you know how much an individual in the USA is charged if they have a test and if found positive how much would 14 days isolation and treatment in hospital likely to cost?

I read an article somewhere suggesting that such costs would be so high that large numbers will avoid being tested and that the likely numbers contracting the virus are going to be far higher than the official figures.

• Great Info 1

A certain amount of panic here by the locals. Was in Safeway Sat, paper towels, toilet paper and kleenex tissue were certainly not stocked to regular levels, but they were available. It was strange to see the shelves like that and it did hit home here a bit.

Several other observations here.......Kiss cancelled their meet/greet at the Coliseum the other night, but played the concert itself which was good, was worried it might be cancelled completely as supposedly we are in a state of emergency here in Calif and talks about cancelling sporting events, Basketball, Hockey and Soccer are in full swing here now with the pro teams. Kind of gives a new meaning to the song "Lick it Up" and "Calling Dr. Love" by Kiss LOL! 

Gym numbers are way down here too......normally Sundays in the morning it is packed and crowded, not yesterday and they have hired 2 people both day and nights to walk around and " wipe down" machines with disenfectant...that's a good thing I think. Still, with all the media hype and such, you still see guys just coughing out loud and not covering their mouth at all. 

Just for kicks, e-mailed my PCP, had a full physical second week Jan ( same with wifey) just wanted to get her input on this....she wrote back the next day and said given your current health, all looks well, just do what the WHO and CDC are saying. She did recommend though that although Vitamin C levels look good, it would not be a bad thing to take a "supplement" for a while to just give your immune system a  "boost"  so she wrote in a prescription, picked it up for 200 capsules and will take a 500MG pill once a day for the time being. 

I hope this thing gets sorted sooner then later.......thinking about going back to Thailand later this year just to see wifeys family and nieces and nephews and spend some time back at her house. Just for kicks too, was looking at airline prices on line for a one way fare.....Never flown Philipine Airlines, SFO to Manila to Bangkok was running $375 each one way. Not bad price, just do not get the impression that PI stands above the rest though. Always did EVA, Korean Air usually. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

A certain amount of panic here by the locals. Was in Safeway Sat, paper towels, toilet paper and kleenex tissue were certainly not stocked to regular levels, but they were available. It was strange to see the shelves like that and it did hit home here a bit.

Several other observations here.......Kiss cancelled their meet/greet at the Coliseum the other night, but played the concert itself which was good, was worried it might be cancelled completely as supposedly we are in a state of emergency here in Calif and talks about cancelling sporting events, Basketball, Hockey and Soccer are in full swing here now with the pro teams. Kind of gives a new meaning to the song "Lick it Up" and "Calling Dr. Love" by Kiss LOL! 

Gym numbers are way down here too......normally Sundays in the morning it is packed and crowded, not yesterday and they have hired 2 people both day and nights to walk around and " wipe down" machines with disenfectant...that's a good thing I think. Still, with all the media hype and such, you still see guys just coughing out loud and not covering their mouth at all. 

Just for kicks, e-mailed my PCP, had a full physical second week Jan ( same with wifey) just wanted to get her input on this....she wrote back the next day and said given your current health, all looks well, just do what the WHO and CDC are saying. She did recommend though that although Vitamin C levels look good, it would not be a bad thing to take a "supplement" for a while to just give your immune system a  "boost"  so she wrote in a prescription, picked it up for 200 capsules and will take a 500MG pill once a day for the time being. 

I hope this thing gets sorted sooner then later.......thinking about going back to Thailand later this year just to see wifeys family and nieces and nephews and spend some time back at her house. Just for kicks too, was looking at airline prices on line for a one way fare.....Never flown Philipine Airlines, SFO to Manila to Bangkok was running $375 each one way. Not bad price, just do not get the impression that PI stands above the rest though. Always did EVA, Korean Air usually. 

Good info- great to hear a report from the ground given the California "emergency"

Shocked at your lack of Vitamin C.😮 Television always led me to believe you California residents had more oranges hanging around, than you could ever consume😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

35 years of drug and alcohol abuse and riding 170 mph bikes ain't killed me so I'm f***d if a cold will. 

Would be unprecedented mate, Matt and Luke throwing Grolsch tops on top of the coffin at the funeral, a mass suicide of the all the goths at Camden, a proper nation emergency, not a few nose sniffles like we have now.

It's just as well you're indestructible! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Krapow said:

Sigh!

Your ignorance knows no bounds, but isn't surprising considering your previous. 

I am calm,  you're doing the shouting. 

Like I told the other panicking agony aunt..... let's revisit this in a year.

Coronavirus: Woman coughs on flight attendant on-board plane

A woman on-board a Thai Airways plane has been tackled to the ground after pulling a coronavirus trick on a flight attendant.

Yaron Steinbuch
news.com.auMARCH 10, 202012:25PM

The female passenger reportedly became angry after being told that the aircraft was being held for up to ten hours for coronavirus checks.

Dramatic video captures crew members aboard a Thai Airways plane tackling a woman who went on a rampage and deliberately coughed on a flight attendant because she was upset over a delay during coronavirus checks, according to a report.

The Chinese woman became irate that the plane was being held up for up to 10 hours after landing at the Shanghai Pudong Airport on Friday, according to Newsflare.

Fellow passengers on the flight from Bangkok said the woman demanded to be let out after several hours cooped up inside the plane.

But when told she’d have to wait, she began flailing her arms and coughed on a crew member, prompting colleagues to tackle her.

The woman became irate that the plane was being held up for up to 10 hours.

The woman became irate that the plane was being held up for up to 10 hours.Source:Supplied

One male crew member put her in a headlock and yelled to the others: “Come here! Help me put her down!”

(He probably used to work as bar security in Pattaya)

He then called for handcuffs, but the six crew members managed to subdue her without restraining her hands.

The rest of the passengers eventually underwent checks for the deadly virus, according to the outlet.

The airline said the incident occurred when the woman became aggressive during the delay.

Prathana Pattanasiri, head of Thailand’s Aviation Safety Department, said the airline “was informed at Shanghai Airport that there were measures to screen passengers with a history of travelling from risky countries such as Italy, South Korea, Japan and Iran.

The woman began flailing her arms and coughed on a crew member.

The woman began flailing her arms and coughed on a crew member.Source:Facebook

“We could not open the doors of the plane until instructed to and health officials came to proceed with checks. Therefore, Thai Airways had to wait for seven hours before officials arrived at the inspection queue,” Mr Pattanasiri said.

“The Chinese passenger was upset about being held for a long time and coughed at one of our staff. After she calmed down, we explained the situation to her and she agreed to sit and wait for screening.”

This article originally appeared on the New York Post and was reproduced with permission

An example of the actual madness.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51809318?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cwr9dx2qjppt/virgin-atlantic&link_location=live-reporting-story

Virgin Atlantic has confirmed it has been forced to operate some near-empty flights after bookings were dented by the coronavirus outbreak.

It is operating the flights to try to retain take-off and landing slots at major airports such as Heathrow.

Under European law, if flights are not operated, slots have to be forfeited.

qantas have parked eight A380's at least until September, thats big money right there.

Local shop has security guarding the toilet rolls to prevent violence when a new pallet comes out on the floor.

I always thought I was a bit mental. Then all this started and I seem kinda normal compared to the rest of em

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, alias said:

Like I told the other panicking agony aunt..... let's revisit this in a year.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:07 PM, Krapow said:

Am I worried about Coronavirus, no! 

I'm healthy, indeed just back from the gym, lead a very healthy lifestyle. I'd kick f**k outta it. Probably get it and not even know. Wife is healthy as well.

Also seems children are not really in danger from it, so not worried about my daughter.

Only thing i'm worried about is my upcoming travel plans, Turkey in 2 months, Thailand in June. Flights getting pulled, no access to the countries of compulsory self isolation or quarantine. Though tourism is massive for both countries, so I don't think it will get to that stage.

My parents are both in their 70's, both have had the flu numerous times in the past few years. Was I concerned, not in the least. Well, slightly for my Dad, as he has other ongoing health issues. 

If either contracted coronavirus would I be worried, yes, extremely. 

See the difference?

Do I think this outbreak will be under control this time next year or in a couple of years, yes I do, judging by past outbreaks, advances in medical science, and a vaccine probably being found. 

Is there a lot of scaremongering and nonsense being put out there about this virus, undoubtedly. 

I'm just continuing with my normal life until the Government who know much more about this than me, tell me to change it in some way for our overall safety.

But, there is so much unknown about this virus still, no one can say with any certainty what's going to happen. I think it's right too err on the side of caution. 

Perhaps some basic reading and comprehension classes would be of benefit ...

Covid-19 testing clinics open in Perth today.

At least it kept them out of the supermarkets and away from the bog rolls. There were plenty when I went shopping today. (I didn't buy any).

image.png

image.png

It'll probably be like UFC tomorrow.

On 3/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Jambo said:

Terrry,

Do you know how much an individual in the USA is charged if they have a test and if found positive how much would 14 days isolation and treatment in hospital likely to cost?

I read an article somewhere suggesting that such costs would be so high that large numbers will avoid being tested and that the likely numbers contracting the virus are going to be far higher than the official figures.

On Oz TV news quoting $6,000 per day thus $84,000 for the compulsory 14 days.

Dunno if those are "real" figures, just one example or something plucked out of the air.