COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Apparently boris is going to relax some measures beginning Monday. I have noticed more people, more cars and more small shops and takeaways opening with every passing day. People have had their fill and they want to get back to work.

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

I think it's a great idea and I'd certainly use it. I'd use it before Covid came along.

Yep, I normally go to a cracking outdoor beer festival in July. in the UK. Would love to get something like that back again

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Yep, I normally go to a cracking outdoor beer festival in July. in the UK. Would love to get something like that back again

I'd say this year is a no no. Hopefully all is back to normal next year and people can again enjoy going to the football, concerts, festivals and such.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I doubt we will ever have all the facts, subject is way too sensitive politically for the governments (all of them).

And IMO, there is no point in starting the blame game thing. Sad to see the world is more and more tilting towards this American thing of blaming and sueing for everything instead of working on credible solutions to avoid the same thing to happen again.  And this is valid in every domain.  Look at the number of lawyers in every big company nowadays.

🍋

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fforest said:

They've got people so scared of their own shadow, now people are dining out in greenhouses with the serving staff wearing PPE.

Man facepalming

F**k that........what a load of shit that is. If that’s the way forward I would rather do without. If you are allowed to meet in public like in the video meet at home. I would rather have a few friends round sit in the garden and enjoy ourselves. What is the f**kin point of that stupid bubble. For any entrepreneurs out there could be good time to set up a greenhouse company.

• Thumbs Up 1

I give thanks every day to all gods and deities known and unknown that I'm where I am during the COVID-19 pandemic and not in a dormitory in Singapore.  Any complaints I have or inconveniences I suffer are the most trivial or trivialities compared to what is endured by migrant workers in Singapore or Thais who have to line up for food and water.

Think about it, guys.  We're able to banter on an Internet forum while millions upon millions struggle just to survive.  I'm too old for physical confrontation, but I would be sorely tempted to do violence if I ever encounter the bastards who write elsewhere (NOT on Thailand-247small.jpg) that now is a good time to pay Pattaya bar girls less than they normally get and how they look forward to a "great repricing" once the restrictions are lifted.  :default_fing23::default_1106:

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

NPR.jpg

Singapore Was A Shining Star In 
COVID-19 Control — Until It Wasn't

May 3, 20207:00 AM ET
By JASON BEAUBIEN

gettyimages-1210428337_custom-7ba11039f0

Singapore is seeing a spike in coronavirus cases among its hundreds of thousands of migrant workers. Above, a volunteer from a nonprofit group talks to migrant workers now confined to a factory that was converted to a dormitory as part of the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.  Ore Huiying/Getty Images

Early on in the coronavirus pandemic, Singapore was praised as a shining example of how to handle the new virus. The World Health Organization pointed out that Singapore's aggressive contact tracing allowed the city-state to quickly identify and isolate any new cases. It quickly shut down clusters of cases and kept most of its economy — and its schools — open. Through the beginning of April, Singapore had recorded fewer than 600 cases.

By the end of April, however, the case count exceeded 17,000. And not only is all of Singapore now under a strict lockdown, but it has the most coronavirus cases in Southeast Asia.

The vast majority of these cases are in the overcrowded dormitories that house more than 300,000 of Singapore's roughly 1 million foreign workers — and the number of cases is expected to continue to rise in the coming weeks.

(READ MORE)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

UK to start easing restrictions from Monday. 

So things should start to get better. 

Not up here, the poison dwarf is determined to keep this going... forever.

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

All the drugs killed the virus. 

Different times now...

Just in...only in 'merica....

Two McDonald’s workers shot in Oklahoma over closure of dining area, police say

OKLAHOMA CITY —  Two McDonald’s employees in Oklahoma City were shot and wounded by a customer who was angry that the restaurant’s dining area was closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, police said...

Capturemcd.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Apparently boris is going to relax some measures beginning Monday. I have noticed more people, more cars and more small shops and takeaways opening with every passing day. People have had their fill and they want to get back to work.

Not up here mate.

The New York Times updates its summary page every day with extensive info.  It's a good site for anyone who wants a lot of detail about the pandemic in the U.S. I've only included a tiny amount of the info available on the page.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg.28b4fe3b8cbe12a1c637f06ed6ccdaa4.jpg

Coronavirus in the U.S.: 
Latest Map and Case Count

By The New York TimesUpdated May 7, 2020, 8:22 A.M. E.T.

NYT.JPG.7dac9b9d5962957a897e446dccbc24db.JPG

More than 1,235,200 people in the United States have been infected with the coronavirus and at least 73,500 have died, according to a New York Times database. More than 1,000 additional deaths have been announced every day since April 2.

(READ MORE)

Edited by Evil Penevil

15 minutes ago, farangme said:

Not up here mate.

Yeah I seen the turgid one has prolonged the economy misery on Scottish folk. Throw into the mix the collapse in oil prices and she has effectively buried her own dream of Scottish independence forever.