COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

A lot of the misinformation comes from Russia, targeting idiots to try to disrupt other countries. 

yessir.

Looks like they've been operating on our own little forum, too!

Does the roo shit in the forest💩🦘

Facebook removes Russian network that targeted influencers to peddle anti-vax messages

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/11/europe/facebook-russia-covid-intl/index.html

Facebook said on Tuesday it had removed a network of accounts from Russia that it linked to a marketing firm which aimed to enlist influencers to push anti-vaccine content about the Covid-19 jabs.

The social media company said it had banned accounts connected to Fazze, a subsidiary of UK-registered marketing firm AdNow, which primarily conducted its operations from Russia, for violating its policy against foreign interference. Facebook said the campaign used its platforms primarily to target audiences in India, Latin America and, to a smaller extent, the United States.

The company's investigators called the campaign a "disinformation laundromat," creating misleading articles and petitions on forums like Reddit, Medium and Change.org, and using fake accounts on platforms like Facebook and Instagram to amplify the content. Facebook said while the majority of the campaign fell flat, the crux of it appeared to be engaging with paid influencers and these posts attracted "some limited attention." ...

• Thumbs Up 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep, thick as mince!

Same as these idiots, can just picture them screaming crisis actors -

A man, whose unvaccinated mum, dad and brother died within the space of week after catching coronavirus, said he has been "bombarded" with abuse on social media.

Francis Goncalves told BBC Radio 5 Live's Nicky Campbell the abusers believe him to be an actor, set up by broadcasters to spread a hoax.

“People should be going to the doctor for advice on these things, but they listen to social media,” he said.

All three of Francis’ relatives were scared by misinformation in regards to the Covid jab.

Francis said it was difficult to counter the anti-vaccine rhetoric they were hearing as he didn’t feel he had the medical background to change their mind.

He urged people to "take a step back, consider the information, consider the source, consider the quality".

On 8/9/2021 at 4:43 PM, Kathmandu said:

Fucking fuming here with 3 break thru's of double vaccinated's, because some c**t comes into the office with sniffles.

I could be number 4. @pissedoff. 

Well looks like I'm #4. Got a positive test result this morning. Not feeling sick, but again I'm double jabbed. Bottom line is I'll need to isolate for 10 days and then get back to work when I can throw a negative test.

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

Well looks like I'm #4. Got a positive test result this morning. Not feeling sick, but again I'm double jabbed. Bottom line is I'll need to isolate for 10 days and then get back to work when I can throw a negative test.

That's a bummer. Hope you don't get any further symptoms. Stay well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

Not feeling sick, but again I'm double jabbed. Bottom line is I'll need to isolate for 10 days and then get back to work when I can throw a negative test.

What vaccine? Sick leave? Work from home?

Stay well (asymptomatic)...& stay home. 😷

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

yessir.

Facebook removes Russian network that targeted influencers to peddle anti-vax messages

Facebook said on Tuesday it had removed a network of accounts from Russia that it linked to a marketing firm which aimed to enlist influencers to push anti-vaccine content about the Covid-19 jabs.

The social media company said it had banned accounts connected to Fazze, a subsidiary of UK-registered marketing firm AdNow, which primarily conducted its operations from Russia, for violating its policy against foreign interference. Facebook said the campaign used its platforms primarily to target audiences in India, Latin America and, to a smaller extent, the United States.

The company's investigators called the campaign a "disinformation laundromat," creating misleading articles and petitions on forums like Reddit, Medium and Change.org, and using fake accounts on platforms like Facebook and Instagram to amplify the content. Facebook said while the majority of the campaign fell flat, the crux of it appeared to be engaging with paid influencers and these posts attracted "some limited attention." ...

The World is full of liars and idiots. Dats for sure !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

What vaccine? Sick leave? Work from home?

Stay well (asymptomatic)...& stay home. 😷

Moderna. Easy to work from home. Sick leave will cover me. I am asymptomatic and I'm staying home for the next 10 days. I plan on catching up with all those Waltons episodes I missed in the 1970's 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Sorry to hear.  Get well soon.

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

yessir.

Lazarus I found this for you

Pro-vaccination meme pastiche of Uncle Sam recruiting poster with the slogan "We need you for vaxx army in the comments section of any social media post about vaccination."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yep.

"Experts say California's better-than-average vaccination rates and newly implemented mandatory mask policies in parts of the state have helped prevent a more grim situation."

🙂

fe92698cc3a9917f9f3700b924c1ec98.jpg

Hands up who took some time to notice she was even wearing a mask? 😂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fforest said:

I was at a football game with 50,000 other people on Tuesday, not a spare seat to be had.

I was at the theatre with my wife and daughter last week, packed as well.

I was at a pub in Central London with quite a few esteemed forum members last Saturday, quite a packed pub by the time i was leaving.

Things are pretty much back to normal here in the UK, moreso England, but the rest of the UK not far behind. Despite you thinking the restrictions wouldn't be lifted, we'd be back in lockdown ongoing.

All that is down to vaccines, they clearly do work.

Now, you can post all the silly little memes with no basis in reality you want, you can continue to live in some fantasy world as you can't cope with the real world. Personally i couldn't care less that people who refuse the vaccine by choice can't get to do things or go places, i simply don't care. In fact i see it as an added bonus, less chance of meeting a fuckwit or deluded fantasist when on holiday or wherever is all good in my world!   Different the very, very small minority who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, not thick as mince reasons, as it's recognised about those who can't for medical reasons, and there will be alternatives like recent test or whatever. Those who are thick as mince, can get increasing excluded from society, as said, added bonus!

Sooner Thailand gets a high % of the population vaxxed the better, for Thailand and those who want to visit. 

Just on the news there now, NZ will open up to vaxxed from next year. 

It's like all the nutters and lunatics that sane people try to avoid, are ostracising themselves from society by their own choice. It's brilliant TBH, if this is the new normal, i'm all for it!

635908900_WeeGuydancing.gif.2c247782912da683495d14a1e343b72b.gif

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I was at a football game with 50,000 other people on Tuesday, not a spare seat to be had.

I was at the theatre with my wife and daughter last week, packed as well.

I was at a pub in Central London with quite a few esteemed forum members last Saturday, quite a packed pub by the time i was leaving.

Things are pretty much back to normal here in the UK, moreso England, but the rest of the UK not far behind. Despite you thinking the restrictions wouldn't be lifted, we'd be back in lockdown ongoing.

All that is down to vaccines, they clearly do work.

Now, you can post all the silly little memes with no basis in reality you want, you can continue to live in some fantasy world as you can't cope with the real world. Personally i couldn't care less that people who refuse the vaccine by choice can't get to do things or go places, i simply don't care. In fact i see it as an added bonus, less chance of meeting a fuckwit or deluded fantasist when on holiday or wherever is all good in my world!   Different the very, very small minority who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons, not thick as mince reasons, as it's recognised about those who can't for medical reasons, and there will be alternatives like recent test or whatever. Those who are thick as mince, can get increasing excluded from society, as said, added bonus!

Sooner Thailand gets a high % of the population vaxxed the better, for Thailand and those who want to visit. 

Just on the news there now, NZ will open up to vaxxed from next year. 

It's like all the nutters and lunatics that sane people try to avoid, are ostracising themselves from society by their own choice. It's brilliant TBH, if this is the new normal, i'm all for it!

635908900_WeeGuydancing.gif.2c247782912da683495d14a1e343b72b.gif

Page 406......Ok I will remember this post......We will see if they locked down again by November , December latest......

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, fforest said:

Page 406......Ok I will remember this post......We will see if they locked down again by November , December latest......

Same as your post a couple of months ago saying the UK would delay again the lifting of restrictions?

You keep posting silly wee memes with no basis in reality, you keep hiding behind the sofa and living in fear, while the rest of us will get on with getting our lives back, living life again. 

:hiding:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1