COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Read this today....

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/new-nhs-nightingale-surge-hubs-to-launch-amid-omicron-wave/

Then read this(in the Telegraph so behind a pay wall)....

The NHS does not have enough staff to run the new Nightingale hospital units returning across England as Covid isolation rules create a worsening workforce crisis, nursing leaders have warned. 

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Read this today....

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/new-nhs-nightingale-surge-hubs-to-launch-amid-omicron-wave/

Then read this(in the Telegraph so behind a pay wall)....

The NHS does not have enough staff to run the new Nightingale hospital units returning across England as Covid isolation rules create a worsening workforce crisis, nursing leaders have warned. 

Similar article

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-new-nightingale-surge-hubs-to-be-set-up-amid-growing-omicron-wave-12505948

Yes, staffing is an issue, but as Prof Stephen Powis says "We hoped never to have to use the original Nightingales and I hope we never to have to use these new hubs."

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Painter said:

Similar article

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-new-nightingale-surge-hubs-to-be-set-up-amid-growing-omicron-wave-12505948

Yes, staffing is an issue, but as Prof Stephen Powis says "We hoped never to have to use the original Nightingales and I hope we never to have to use these new hubs."

Always prepare for the worst case scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would have thought it would be better to stop so many catching it ...

not sure what use these extra facilities will be if they don't have the people to staff them 

England will probably still have to bring in restrictions ( circuit breaker ) in the New Year , which will now last longer and cost more than if they had followed the rest of the U.K. 

Edited by Stillearly

30 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

^^^^^  lol

Yesterday morning I started feeling a bit froggy, and my nose was runny (much more than usual). Then I started coughing more and more and I could feel it working itself deeper into my lungs. 

I decided to hunker down and sleep (and slumber) in bed for as long as I could -   about 14 hours.

When I did finally get out of bed the cough and runny nose had worsened and I felt like dog crap.

Of course my thinking is Omicron, but I can't say for certain. I plan to self-isolate for the next few days as a precaution, and decided that if it starts getting worse I will go to the doctor and/or get tested. I am stocked up good on supplies so no issue with coming into contact with anyone.

I ate some toast, a banana, three cups of tea and some water. I am now feeling remarkably better. In fact the symptoms are clearing up so quickly it is surprising me. I have to think if it hadn't been for the 2 Moderna shots and the booster I'd be on the floor in agony. But... like I said I can't say for sure what it is, but I would bet money it is Omicron based on how widespread it is now. I am just very very thankful I got the vaccine. 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

^^^^^  lol

Yesterday morning I started feeling a bit froggy, and my nose was runny (much more than usual). Then I started coughing more and more and I could feel it working itself deeper into my lungs. 

I decided to hunker down and sleep (and slumber) in bed for as long as I could -   about 14 hours.

When I did finally get out of bed the cough and runny nose had worsened and I felt like dog crap.

Of course my thinking is Omicron, but I can't say for certain. I plan to self-isolate for the next few days as a precaution, and decided that if it starts getting worse I will go to the doctor and/or get tested. I am stocked up good on supplies so no issue with coming into contact with anyone.

I ate some toast, a banana, three cups of tea and some water. I am now feeling remarkably better. In fact the symptoms are clearing up so quickly it is surprising me. I have to think if it hadn't been for the 2 Moderna shots and the booster I'd be on the floor in agony. But... like I said I can't say for sure what it is, but I would bet money it is Omicron based on how widespread it is now. I am just very very thankful I got the vaccine. 

I had a terrible head cold and sore throat last week , no cough , still getting over it ....but did two lateral flow tests during the week both came out negative ..I'm boostered and had the flu jab ...so was probably man flu  🤧

On 12/25/2021 at 1:33 AM, roobob said:

You are wrong....Australian citizens wanting to return home have been refused entry. You got given links...there are more links available..... but again when you get called for giving false info....out comes your usual condescending attitude.

lol...oh dear....now you say that I "inferred" it...lol..... the only one who keeps twisting words is you when you get caught out.

Oh yes...... we had a party last night...fair few locals all mixing together....I passed onto them that Butch said to stop living their lives how they want and to toe the line.......and the farang indeed did get the biggest laugh of the night.....maybe you would have heard the laughter from your bubble.

Merry Xmas

cheers

Merry Xmas, I trust you had a good one. All the best for New Year as well. Hope it'll be a better one this time around for all of us, anarchists, included.

Australians were not refused entry, there was a cap on flights and Australians could not enter the country due to no flights going there, but if an Aussie turned up at immigration, they would be allowed in. They would not be sent back to their departure point, hence, not refused entry. Very simple. Try reading the links you provided. "Australia banned its citizens from returning from India" - how many were arrested? - none, hence why two cricketers managed to return via Qatar having been in India prior to that.

All flights from India were stopped. Aussies from UK could enter Australia, from the USA, China and everywhere except India which wasn't even technically correct, also a law which would not have stood up to scrutiny or International court anyway and is still subject to an ongoing case in the Human Rights court. A person would be allowed entry, even under the criteria of breaking the biosecurity act.

Once again, you accuse me of twisting words, yet you fail to see that your statement was as ignorant as it was ill informed.

"Live their lives how they want" - if everybody lived their lives as they wanted, there would be anarchy. Can you not see that?. That, in essence is why we have laws which carry consequences for breaking them.

Secondly, I'm glad you gave the villagers a good laugh, as every village needs it's idiot, so you're obviously doing a good job in regards to that role, as if your entire life revolves around amusing Thai villagers in bumfuck nowhere, then you must feel that you have really achieved the pinnacle of success. Call me old fashioned, but my aspirations run a fair bit higher than that, but hey ho, as long as you're happy.

Also, try to get the definition of "condescending" correct, just for once, please.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Butch said:

Merry Xmas, I trust you had a good one. All the best for New Year as well. Hope it'll be a better one this time around for all of us, anarchists, included.

Australians were not refused entry, there was a cap on flights and Australians could not enter the country due to no flights going there, but if an Aussie turned up at immigration, they would be allowed in. They would not be sent back to their departure point, hence, not refused entry. Very simple. Try reading the links you provided. "Australia banned its citizens from returning from India" - how many were arrested? - none, due to the fact the law was not deemed as legal, hence why two cricketers managed to return via Qatar having been in India prior to that.

All flights from India were stopped. Aussies from UK could enter Australia, from the USA, China and everywhere except India which wasn't even technically correct, also a law which would not have stood up to scrutiny or International court anyway.

Once again, you accuse me of twisting words, yet you fail to see that your statement was as ignorant as it was ill informed.

"Live their lives how they want" - if everybody lived their lives as they wanted, there would be anarchy. Can you not see that?. That, in essence is why we have laws which carry consequences for breaking them.

Secondly, I'm glad you gave the villagers a good laugh, as every village needs it's idiot, so you're obviously doing a good job in regards to that role, as if your entire life revolves around amusing Thai villagers in bumfuck nowhere, then you must feel that you have really achieved the pinnacle of success. Call me old fashioned, but my aspirations run a fair bit higher than that, but hey ho, as long as you're happy.

Also, try to get the definition of "condescending" correct, just for once, please.

Excellent post....

You ever notice how the shit stirrers seem to post in only one or two threads. Rarely have anything fun or positive to contribute.

shit_stirrer.gif          

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Butch said:

Australians were not refused entry, there was a cap on flights and Australians could not enter the country due to no flights going there, but if an Aussie turned up at immigration, they would be allowed in. They would not be sent back to their departure point, hence, not refused entry. Very simple. Try reading the links you provided. "Australia banned its citizens from returning from India" - how many were arrested? - none, hence why two cricketers managed to return via Qatar having been in India prior to that.

All flights from India were stopped. Aussies from UK could enter Australia, from the USA, China and everywhere except India which wasn't even technically correct, also a law which would not have stood up to scrutiny or International court anyway and is still subject to an ongoing case in the Human Rights court. A person would be allowed entry, even under the criteria of breaking the biosecurity act.

System Hiccup

Edited by roobob

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Had a great Xmas..... and due to have a good new year. Plenty of people have returned up north for the new year and tonight the music and drinks will flow....no signs of masks...etc...great times ahead.

Again you are wrong......maybe you should get out and talk with the stranded aussies still in the UK.

Well it is quite obvious that you do not live your life as you want as you are to scared to do so and are happy to live your life as a puppet with others continually telling you what and when you have to do something. I believe it is called bubble land.

Your well known now in the village now .... when I run across them they ask ...Has Butch got anymore funnies...555.

Ahh...so you are now down to petty name calling and taking shots at where I live....555...dear oh dear me. 

Again with the condescending attitude.... maybe you could have a new year resolution of moving on from it but I doubt it. 

Why not do something different in your life today/tonight.....get out and celebrate the new year...go and have some fun.... go and do what you want and when you want to do it....in other words...get out there and start living your life.

Happy New Year.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

54 minutes ago, fforest said:

Hey Smiles ... what do you think about getting 4 rabies shots in one year?

fforest once again proudly displays his lack of knowledge about vaccinations.

If Smiles is a jet setting pooch then it is feasible that he or she will require multiple rabies booster vaccinations throughout the year.

The rabies titre test is generally performed 30 days after the administration of the rabies vaccine.

Your vet will draw blood from your pet and send it to an authorised laboratory to test for the level of antibodies in the sample.

Most countries require a level of 0.5 IU/ml or greater to prove that your pet is adequately immunised against rabies.

Sometimes, a small percentage of pets fail the blood test. In such cases, you can give your pet a booster vaccination and collect the sample for the second test 14-28 days later.

https://www.petraveller.com.au/blog/the-rabies-titre-test-explained

PS. Similar antibody titre tests are required for humans who have a high risk of exposure to rabies. e.g. lab workers working with the rabies virus, animal control workers. Their rabies antibody titres are regularly measured and they are re-vaccinated to maintain adequate levels.

https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/specific_groups/hcp/serology.html

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, fygjam said:

fforest once again proudly displays his lack of knowledge about vaccinations.

If Smiles is a jet setting pooch then it is feasible that he or she will require multiple rabies booster vaccinations throughout the year.

The rabies titre test is generally performed 30 days after the administration of the rabies vaccine.

Your vet will draw blood from your pet and send it to an authorised laboratory to test for the level of antibodies in the sample.

Most countries require a level of 0.5 IU/ml or greater to prove that your pet is adequately immunised against rabies.

Sometimes, a small percentage of pets fail the blood test. In such cases, you can give your pet a booster vaccination and collect the sample for the second test 14-28 days later.

https://www.petraveller.com.au/blog/the-rabies-titre-test-explained

PS. Similar antibody titre tests are required for humans who have a high risk of exposure to rabies. e.g. lab workers working with the rabies virus, animal control workers. Their rabies antibody titres are regularly measured and they are re-vaccinated to maintain adequate levels.

https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/specific_groups/hcp/serology.html

I'm guessing different regs for different countries. In all the years of getting my dogs vaccinated for rabbies in the US, they never had to go back for a follow up blood test.

I'd also like to note that not once did any of my dogs object to getting vaccinated. Proof once again dogs are smarter than some humans. :default_biggrin:

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm guessing different regs for different countries. In all the years of getting my dogs vaccinated for rabbies in the US, they never had to go back for a follow up blood test.

I'd also like to note that not once did any of my dogs object to getting vaccinated. Proof once again dogs are smarter than some humans. :default_biggrin:

The snippets I posted are for getting a dog or cat vaccinated for international travel, particularly if going from a country with rabies to a country which doesn't have rabies. 

The blood test is to measure the level of rabies antibodies post vaccination. A certificate of vaccination is not sufficient. Apparently they can be forged, at least for Covid-19.

8 hours ago, roobob said:

Had a great Xmas..... and due to have a good new year. Plenty of people have returned up north for the new year and tonight the music and drinks will flow....no signs of masks...etc...great times ahead.

Again you are wrong......maybe you should get out and talk with the stranded aussies still in the UK.

Well it is quite obvious that you do not live your life as you want as you are to scared to do so and are happy to live your life as a puppet with others continually telling you what and when you have to do something. I believe it is called bubble land.

Your well known now in the village now .... when I run across them they ask ...Has Butch got anymore funnies...555.

Ahh...so you are now down to petty name calling and taking shots at where I live....555...dear oh dear me. 

Again with the condescending attitude.... maybe you could have a new year resolution of moving on from it but I doubt it. 

Why not do something different in your life today/tonight.....get out and celebrate the new year...go and have some fun.... go and do what you want and when you want to do it....in other words...get out there and start living your life.

Happy New Year.

cheers 

Erm...no Aussies were stranded in the UK. Ever, at any point. Yes, the Australian govt made it hard to return, but no Australian at any time was ever refused Entry into Australia. Those that were "banned" from India would have been allowed entry, however, they would have been in breach of a law that was passed and been prosecuted in an Australian court, but they would not have been refused entry as persona non grata or returned to their departure point, thus, not refused entry.

Secondly, If the small fact of "people living their lives how they want" has eluded you, if everyone did that, then laws would be broken. for example, you break the law by not wearing a helmet on a bike , up to you but as  said, I would be gutted to hear of a BM coming to grief due to not doing something sensible. That said, you get caught in pattaya without a hat on and you get fined, time and time again. Law breaking, thus "living your life how you want" has consequences. For some people, "living their life how they want" goes beyond that, such as ruining others lives by drug dealing, or inflicting violence on people, and if there were no consequences more would do the same, as others would "live their life as they want".

You are not getting it.

Your* well known now in the village now .... when I run across them they ask ...Has Butch got anymore funnies...555.

*You're.

Have you actually just read what you have written?. Rather hypocritical I think, and quoted for posterity.

I've lived my life mate, really enjoyed it and continue to do so. Been very lucky up until now and pray that it carrys on Thanks, but I certainly don't need approval or advice from you on how to do it lol, (note, that's condescending of you, well done, you've done it!! ).

As I previously said, my aspirations are slightly higher than living in a village and amusing the locals with anecdotes and playing the fool, but as long as you're happy and that's your idea of "living your life the way you want" then good on ya.

Happy New Year.

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Erm...no Aussies were stranded in the UK. Ever, at any point. Yes, the Australian govt made it hard to return, but no Australian at any time was ever refused Entry into Australia. Those that were "banned" from India would have been allowed entry, however, they would have been in breach of a law that was passed and been prosecuted in an Australian court, but they would not have been refused entry as persona non grata or returned to their departure point, thus, not refused entry.

Secondly, If the small fact of "people living their lives how they want" has eluded you, if everyone did that, then laws would be broken. for example, you break the law by not wearing a helmet on a bike , up to you but as  said, I would be gutted to hear of a BM coming to grief due to not doing something sensible. That said, you get caught in pattaya without a hat on and you get fined, time and time again. Law breaking, thus "living your life how you want" has consequences. For some people, "living their life how they want" goes beyond that, such as ruining others lives by drug dealing, or inflicting violence on people, and if there were no consequences more would do the same, as others would "live their life as they want".

You are not getting it.

Your* well known now in the village now .... when I run across them they ask ...Has Butch got anymore funnies...555.

*You're.

Have you actually just read what you have written?. Rather hypocritical I think, and quoted for posterity.

I've lived my life mate, really enjoyed it and continue to do so. Been very lucky up until now and pray that it carrys on Thanks, but I certainly don't need approval or advice from you on how to do it lol, (note, that's condescending of you, well done, you've done it!! ).

As I previously said, my aspirations are slightly higher than living in a village and amusing the locals with anecdotes and playing the fool, but as long as you're happy and that's your idea of "living your life the way you want" then good on ya.

Happy New Year.

Take no heed of @roobob Butch...his ramblings are the mere  incoherent ramblings of a beaten man

• Like 2