COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

I think that mother and son were agent provocateurs  like fforest was going on about.

How many 17yos race home to tell their mother that they'd done something that she told them not to do?

Marjorie Taylor Greene put them up to it...

GettyImages-1234076044.jpeg

Edited by lazarus

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

Tennis 02.png

World's most self-obsessed anti-vaxer now that's a competitive heat!!

Most interesting part will be what exemption criteria he was claiming to meet. There is one that states if a player has tested positive COVID in the past 6 months they can delay having the jab.  It might turn out that he should been let in according to the rules!!

Well done to the Aussie government though for stepping in.  Apparently his wife believes COVID is caused by 5G- must be some great conversations around the dinner table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, roobob said:

Sentence - like I said...."after" the court hears the evidence.

Attempted Murder - it seems the injection was filmed and loaded to social media.... so the proof is there that the "teacher" done the injection but of course that is up to the court to decide. The intention was there as the injection was given that could have resulted in the minors death as can be been stated by trained personal who are authorised to give the injections.

Age of Consent - In this case the person is a minor. The injection was given without the permission/authorisation of the parents/guardians of said minor and I am sure  or you would hope that is taken into consideration by the court when the case comes before it. 

cheers

Attempted Murder - The fact that the incident was filmed and put on social media does not equate to it being an attempt to kill the victim.  'could have resulted in the minors death' certainly does not equate to being an attempt to murder.  The courts historically have said that even an act with a high degree of probability that a victim would die did not amount to an attempt to murder.  Merely repeating the words 'Attempted Murder will not suffice; some evidence of that intent is necessary.

Age of Consent - In New York State the age of content is 18 years.  If the victim consented the law deems he could not legally consent and therefor was assaulted.  The fact that someone is assaulted does not mean that the aggressor intended to kill them, otherwise lots of attempt murders committed in school playground fights.  It is surprising that New York State which I understand is one of the more liberal voting states is so behind the times in this area.

If I was defending I would aim for what is often termed a perverse jury verdict, where the jury think that an unlawful act was not an unreasonable act.  A good example of this would be where in UK a jury found the defendants not guilty of damaging a stature in Bristol.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

World's most self-obsessed anti-vaxer now that's a competitive heat!!

Most interesting part will be what exemption criteria he was claiming to meet. There is one that states if a player has tested positive COVID in the past 6 months they can delay having the jab.  It might turn out that he should been let in according to the rules!!

Well done to the Aussie government though for stepping in.  Apparently his wife believes COVID is caused by 5G- must be some great conversations around the dinner table.

An Opinion -

‘One in 100’: Lawyers say Djokovic has little chance of court win

World No. 1 men’s tennis player Novak Djokovic is unlikely to win his legal battle to get the cancellation of his visa by Australian Border Force reversed by the Federal Court, lawyers say, with only “one in 100” such cases usually proving successful.

Djokovic tried to enter the country on Wednesday after being told he had a medical exemption to compete in the Australian Open, only to be detained in a Melbourne hotel after federal authorities said that as an unvaccinated person, he did not meet requirements to travel to Australia quarantine-free.

He staved off deportation in an emergency court hearing on Thursday evening, and will make his case in the Federal Court on Monday to retain his visa and avoid quarantine.

Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews confirmed on Friday that Djokovic’s arrival was rejected because of issues with his documentation rather than the visa itself.

“Given his publicity on [not getting vaccinated], I would say it’s open for Border Force to say, even if he is relying on that exemption, that he’s not actually deferring his vaccination,” Mr Aleksov said.

“[That exemption] is not there as a loophole for people who don’t want to be vaccinated, it’s there as an exemption for people whose immune system needs time to recover from a COVID infection before being exposed to the rigours of the vaccination.

“Then, with the PCR test, one assumes it was done in Serbia. If so, Serbia is a sophisticated place and Border Force could say ‘if you really did have a test in Serbia, produce your [test] record’. If Djokovic can’t, one could reasonably infer it does not exist.”

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/one-in-100-lawyers-say-djokovic-has-little-chance-of-court-win-20220107-p59mkp

Edited by Zeb
  • Thanks 1

Covid is back in my city...with a vengeance.

ICU admissions are surging in San Francisco: The city has experienced a huge spike in COVID-19 hospitalizations in the past month, with 97 people admitted in acute care and intensive care units as of Jan. 2 — up from 27 patients on Dec. 2. As of Jan. 2, there were 19 people in ICU beds, up from 8 just a month ago. Hospitalizations are a lagging indicator of pandemic trends, and based on the rolling 7-day average of new cases in San Francisco, which hit 1,032 on Dec. 29 (up from 59 on Dec. 1), they will likely continue to rise at an alarming rate.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/COVID-live-updates-San-Francisco-ICU-admissions-16755607.php

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:33 PM, Stillearly said:

And another one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59910838

"Australia has cancelled the visa of Czech tennis player Renata Voracova, who had entered the country to play in the Australian Open."

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, roobob said:

Sentence - like I said...."after" the court hears the evidence.

Attempted Murder - it seems the injection was filmed and loaded to social media.... so the proof is there that the "teacher" done the injection but of course that is up to the court to decide. The intention was there as the injection was given that could have resulted in the minors death as can be been stated by trained personal who are authorised to give the injections.

Age of Consent - In this case the person is a minor. The injection was given without the permission/authorisation of the parents/guardians of said minor and I am sure  or you would hope that is taken into consideration by the court when the case comes before it. 

cheers

Just because it was "filmed" and the intention of giving the injection was there, it makes it attempted murder 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now that is funny. Keep 'em coming LOL.

Lawyer roobob ...at your service...

Lionel_Hutz.jpg

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 3

As I suspected Djokovic is claiming he's had a COVID infection so is therefore exempt

https://news.sky.com/story/novak-djokovic-court-application-shows-he-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-on-16-december-as-he-fights-deportation-12511427

The whole case should hinge on whether he can actually prove it. Being an anti-vaxxer he will be used to believing things that are made up.

23 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

As I suspected Djokovic is claiming he's had a COVID infection so is therefore exempt

https://news.sky.com/story/novak-djokovic-court-application-shows-he-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-on-16-december-as-he-fights-deportation-12511427

The whole case should hinge on whether he can actually prove it. Being an anti-vaxxer he will be used to believing things that are made up.

So this will be the 2nd time that he has had Covid. He tested positive in June 2020 and so did his wife. This was covered in the news at the time. But I did not see an announcement prior to him arriving in Australia that he tested positive again in December 2021.

16 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

So this will be the 2nd time that he has had Covid. He tested positive in June 2020 and so did his wife. This was covered in the news at the time. But I did not see an announcement prior to him arriving in Australia that he tested positive again in December 2021.

The rules to be exempt from having a vaccine to get the Aussie visa are I believe a positive test in the last 6 months, so June 2020 wouldn't work for him.

He will have to come up with clear evidence of the Dec 21 positive test. If he wasn't able to do that for the border officials, that does suggest it's not there.

Hopefully this will drag on, funny to see him banged up in that grotto quarantine hotel.

• Like 3

Been reading an interesting article in today's 'i' newspaper. Apparently a study by SAGE has found that the riskiest place to catch Covid is shopping. More likely to be infected than at work, theatre, sporting events, public transport etc. 

Yet we shut everything else down in a big panic while supermarkets were open . 

End of the day, if you are worried about Covid, then just stay home and let everyone else get on with their lives. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

21 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Been reading an interesting article in today's 'i' newspaper. Apparently a study by SAGE has found that the riskiest place to catch Covid is shopping. More likely to be infected than at work, theatre, sporting events, public transport etc. 

Yet we shut everything else down in a big panic while supermarkets were open . 

End of the day, if you are worried about Covid, then just stay home and let everyone else get on with their lives. 

Come on now you only bought the paper cause of the picture of Charlotte Church on the front page!🤤

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Butch said:

Don't encourage him, his head will explode.

20 hours ago, Butch said:

Just because it was "filmed" and the intention of giving the injection was there, it makes it attempted murder 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now that is funny. Keep 'em coming LOL.

Lawyer roobob ...at your service...

Lionel_Hutz.jpg

Oh dear...no New Year Resolution from you for a change of your condescending attitude....lol.

It seems you are also a Barracks lawyer...555.

Ahh...some mothers do have them.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Haha 1

SAGE modelling and actual.

https://data.spectator.co.uk/category/sage-scenarios

It's criminal that some were shouting for lockdowns again based on these alarmist, worst case scenario 'modelers'. They're so far out, and always  made to look like it's going to a disaster.  I understand they have to model worst case, but what about best case as well, what about a bit of nuance etc.

With over 95% of the UK have covid antibodies, and the damage done by lockdowns, in all sorts of ways, they should never be an option ever again, and i've said for ages i don't think they will be, at least in the UK.

Boris is a self serving clown, but thank f**k it's him and not Labour or the other lefty muppets like Sturgeon or Drakeford in charge at present, they were screaming for far harsher restrictions in December.  The whole Spectator data tracker tabs are easy to read, and shows what a farce this Omicron 'panic' really is. South Africa were right in what they said about the UK.

I certainly think caution was right, and then Boris made the right call not to bend to the lockdown zealots,  no matter if he did it to appease his backbenchers or not.  Good to see the push back.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 12:31 AM, Starshine said:

She acting in a sensible and responsible manner...looking out for her pupils well being. She should be rewarded not scorned.

She just might have saved his life, or the life of someone that those horrible unvaccinated vaccine dodgers go around infecting.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, roobob said:

Ahhh....... the sad old world of a vaccinator..... stoops so low that the illegal injection of a minor is praised.

cheers

1959336685_download(3).jpeg.43418bfcc5d0

cheers

Currently half my family in Scotland have contracted covid in the last 8 days.

On  New years day Morgan my grandson had a positive antigen test followed by a positive PCR test the next day. Both his parents tested negative. 

On Wednesday his dad ( my S-in-L) tested positive .

I reassured my daughter that there was a very good chance that as both she and I had booster jabs on the 28th December that she would avoid catching covid herself. I had my fingers crossed at the time.

At 10:00 am this morning whilst on the bus to the very busy Livingston shopping center my phone played "Always look on the bright side of life" and my daughter advised that she was positive as well.

So two out of three have contracted covid irrespective of being triple vaccinated. I know of another three individuals who have also been triple vaccinated but contracted covid.

All had very mild symptoms including my grandson who has had just the first jab.

They are pushing like mad to get everyone to have a booster in Scotland by the end of this month which is never going to happen but we will fail gloriously. 

It is not reasonable to question WHY if a booster does not appear to having any real effect on stopping us catching omicron and symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not?

As an aside, there was a table in the shopping center today piled up with packs of antigen tests. I took two which appeared to be the norm.

Edited by Jambo

51 minutes ago, Krapow said:

SAGE modelling and actual.

https://data.spectator.co.uk/category/sage-scenarios

It's criminal that some were shouting for lockdowns again based on these alarmist, worst case scenario 'modelers'. They're so far out, and always  made to look like it's going to a disaster.  I understand they have to model worst case, but what about best case as well, what about a bit of nuance etc.

With over 95% of the UK have covid antibodies, and the damage done by lockdowns, in all sorts of ways, they should never be an option ever again, and i've said for ages i don't think they will be, at least in the UK.

Boris is a self serving clown, but thank f**k it's him and not Labour or the other lefty muppets like Sturgeon or Drakeford in charge at present, they were screaming for far harsher restrictions in December.  The whole Spectator data tracker tabs are easy to read, and shows what a farce this Omicron 'panic' really is. South Africa were right in what they said about the UK.

I certainly think caution was right, and then Boris made the right call not to bend to the lockdown zealots,  no matter if he did it to appease his backbenchers or not.  Good to see the push back.

The modelling of the worst case flies in the face on Statistics 101.

Been happening since the onset of this madness. Infuriates me that what is in effect a black swan event is being published as the only scenario by these clowns.