COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 1/9/2022 at 5:25 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I would love to see some pictures of folk enjoying themselves without restriction. I thought you lived in Bangkok? Have a nice time at the village party, wherever that is. 

On another forum someone mentioned that he repairs bicycles up in the boonies. 

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Or alternatively we could lock ourselves away, never go shopping or meet friends for a drink or go to a restaurant or go on holiday and sit at home being thoroughly miserable like many of us have for the last two or more years.

Enough, is enough.

Selfish coffin dodgers

Time to have omicron parties.

When you catch omicron invite all your friends and relations you don't like round who haven't yet gone down and let's all get it out of the way in time for the summer holidays.

They used to do that in England years ago with measles. When you kid went down with it they used to invite the neighbour's kids round to get it out of the way when you were young.

Or was that German measles?

Wasn't whooping cough?

People could throw HIV parties !       :default_es0cw:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

Enough, is enough.

Selfish coffin dodgers

When you catch omicron invite all your friends and relations you don't like round who haven't yet gone down and let's all get it out of the way in time for the summer holidays.

They used to do that in England years ago with measles. When you kid went down with it they used to invite the neighbour's kids round to get it out of the way when you were young.

Or was that German measles?

Wasn't whooping cough?

Good luck. When do you start ?

Please let us know how it goes.

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Chicken pox parties made sense before the advent of vaccines. But now that we have safe and effective vaccines, intentionally exposing a child to a live virus shows a lack of good parental judgement.

Yes, they made perfect sense back then, having it as an adult can be very serious and something like 25% more chance of dying, but as you say, we now have an effective vaccine, so no need. 

Edited by boydeste

People need to take personal responsibility and get on with living their life within their own risk boundaries.

You want to wear a mask, then do!

You want to avoid crowded places, then do!

You don't want to go on public transport or holiday, then don't!

Etc, etc ...

I've no problem with that, people should do what they feel comfortable with, and so will i. 

We can't go on living like this and we won't. The UK are moving to learning to live with the virus, not having your life dictated by it. I don't want or need the Government telling me when i can or can't got to a restaurant or go visit my family. 

For the vast majority this is  now very mild. I know literally loads of people with Omicron, loads. Not one in hospital. Sure if you're more vulnerable then take more care, much like you do around flu or similar when more vulnerable. It's not rocket science. 

I genuinely had actually been joking with a few mates before Xmas i might go and try and catch it over the holidays like a chcikenpox party,  get it over and done with, with as less disruption to my life as possible, as gyms were closed over the holidays. 

Think we had it anyway in early Dec, although the LFT's didn't test positive. Might have been the cold right enough, as the symptoms are so mild and similar now, hard to tell the difference. Anyone now comparing it to smallpox or polio clearly has overdosed on the Gov and media fear. 

Take whatever precautions you feel like you need, get fully vaxxed, get on with your life, and let others get on with theirs as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, they made perfect sense back then, having it as an adult can be very serious and something like 25% more chance of dying, but as you say, we now have an effective vaccine, so no need. 

After a full Stewards Inquiry I have now learnt that it was measles I caught as a kid.

It caused an ear infection complication and I ended up in hospital.  I then additionally contracted tonsillitis which I apparently enjoyed as I had ice cream with every meal.

I may have been quite fortunate to have been discharged from the Whittington hospital with only my tonsils missing. 😊

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jambo said:

After a full Stewards Inquiry I have now learnt that it was measles I caught as a kid.

It caused an ear infection complication and I ended up in hospital.  I then additionally contracted tonsillitis which I apparently enjoyed as I had ice cream with every meal.

I may have been quite fortunate to have been discharged from the Whittington hospital with only my tonsils missing. 😊

I had German measles and tonsillitis a few times. Fortunately they left them in. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it saved any chance of infection. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:32 AM, roobob said:

Having a great day...things are just starting to get going...... more good times ahead. 

I am not sure they would be well received going by some of the comments of when I post up of where I live..... and here is the latest one from lazarus.......

Glad you had a fun time at your party. Hope your knees heal soon...

1547128678480.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, lazarus said:

Yeah...

I know this "live with it" and "get on with life" stuff sounds good to some...

Yet, there still are legitimate issues and concerns surrounding the damage that Covid will and can do...

For example:

-- Many countries have low vaccination rates. Global "sharing" of vaccines has yet to occur.

271706521_10160528237273690_5442929605001505611_n.png

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Might have been the cold right enough, as the symptoms are so mild and similar now, hard to tell the difference. Anyone now comparing it to smallpox or polio clearly has overdosed on the Gov and media fear. 

Take whatever precautions you feel like you need, get fully vaxxed, get on with your life, and let others get on with theirs as well. 

Yes, 100% yes.

In fact, if it were not for the virus being picked up by PCR that's all it would be, a somewhat mild cold with a sore throat. I know several who have had it, got it and are hoping to get it. In truth, the side effects from the jabs in almost all cases were considerably worse than the Omicron variant that these people have been tested and found positive for.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:44 AM, Jambo said:

When you catch omicron invite all your friends and relations you don't like round

Look what you started, bearing in mind its happen in Queensland, our deep north -

Qld Covid update: chief health officer urges immediate halt to ‘pox parties’ aimed at spreading virus

State records 20,566 new cases amid reports of people deliberately trying to spread coronavirus to increase their immunity

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jan/11/qld-covid-update-chief-health-officer-urges-immediate-halt-to-pox-parties-aimed-at-spreading-virus

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

I had German measles and tonsillitis a few times. Fortunately they left them in. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it saved any chance of infection. 

I had a Dog awful bout of tonsillitis around this time last year. Has never had it before, at least not like this time. I did not think the shit would ever clear up.

The meds they gave me eventually worked (at least I think they did). The worst thing about it though.... one of the meds they gave me caused me to have serious hiccups. That was friggen painful as hell and took days before it eased after stopping the meds. 

Probably the second worst illness I have had in my lifetime, other than the flu (the real ful).

How people can avoid getting vaxxed for covid is beyond me.    :default_crazy: