COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

8 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Currently half my family in Scotland have contracted covid in the last 8 days.

On  New years day Morgan my grandson had a positive antigen test followed by a positive PCR test the next day. Both his parents tested negative. 

On Wednesday his dad ( my S-in-L) tested positive .

I reassured my daughter that there was a very good chance that as both she and I had booster jabs on the 28th December that she would avoid catching covid herself. I had my fingers crossed at the time.

At 10:00 am this morning whilst on the bus to the very busy Livingston shopping center my phone played "Always look on the bright side of life" and my daughter advised that she was positive as well.

So two out of three have contracted covid irrespective of being triple vaccinated. I know of another three individuals who have also been triple vaccinated but contracted covid.

All had very mild symptoms including my grandson who is unvaccinated.

They are pushing like mad to get everyone to have a booster in Scotland by the end of this month which is never going to happen but we will fail gloriously. 

It is not reasonable to question WHY if a booster does not appear to having any real effect on stopping us catching omicron and symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not?

As an aside, there was a table in the shopping center today piled up with packs of antigen tests. I took two which appeared to be the norm.

Vaccines don’t stop you getting it, it merely reduces he chance a bit but more importantly greatly reduces the chances of getting pretty ill. All the stats show you are far better shape after being vaccinated. A ton of us are going to get it in the coming weeks.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Oh dear...no New Year Resolution from you for a change of your condescending attitude....lol.

It seems you are also a Barracks lawyer...555.

Ahh...some mothers do have them.

cheers

Hang on, @roobob starts telling everyone it's attempted murder, then makes unfounded and ill researched accusations as to why it qualifies as such, then realises he's got it totally wrong and accuses everyone else who explained to him (in the most simple terms possible, may I add) of being "barrack lawyers" (sic).

BTW , It's "barrack room lawyer" - and I never said I was a lawyer, but my interpretation of Law seems to be somewhat more educated and accurate than yours is.

I'm still cracking up with your assessment of what constitutes attempted murder 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It's only January and already you're rolling out some classics which, when quoted for posterity will amuse people for years to come.

Have you rolled your latest "funny" past the lads in the village perchance?

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Same argument the Doctor who refused to be vaccinated was making to Javid.

It's a reasonable one, but the answer for me is the vaccines are in place to stop you ending up in intensive care. They are doing that very well, they don't stop you transmitting COVID, particularly Omnicrom, that almost every one will have by the time I finish typing this!!

That's an excellent point you make,  additionally the doctor was a young, fit man with more than likely no underlying health issues, so very unlikely to fall into the "at risk" category.

His issue I think was not with the vaccine itself, but with the mandatory order to vaccinate health workers, against their will and on the basis of losing their job in the event of not getting it*. His argument has credence, he said the vaccine does not stop you spreading it, it stops you getting very ill with it, and his point (if I interpret it correctly) was that he feels he would rather depend upon his own immune system, and should also not be effectively forced to be vaccinated.

*I admit to only having quickly read the article in a paper, I'm not 100% sure of exactly what was said or what went on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

That's an excellent point you make,  additionally the doctor was a young, fit man with more than likely no underlying health issues, so very unlikely to fall into the "at risk" category.

His issue I think was not with the vaccine itself, but with the mandatory order to vaccinate health workers, against their will and on the basis of losing their job in the event of not getting it*. His argument has credence, he said the vaccine does not stop you spreading it, it stops you getting very ill with it, and his point (if I interpret it correctly) was that he feels he would rather depend upon his own immune system, and should also not be effectively forced to be vaccinated.

*I admit to only having quickly read the article in a paper, I'm not 100% sure of exactly what was said or what went on.

I saw the video of his discussion with Javid, and his argument was very much against the vaccine. His reasoning was that it doesn't stop transmission and has almost zero effectiveness in doing so 8 weeks after being vaccinated.

He then expanded on this to say it was therefore pointless to mandate NHS staff being vaccinated as the entire NHS staff would have to be vaccinated every 8 weeks to stop transmission.

Javid let him say his piece which is fair enough he was asking for the staff's opinion on policy and he deserved his say.

Back in the real world, no one things the vaccine stops transmission, only that is makes you less likely to get seriously ill.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

The modelling of the worst case flies in the face on Statistics 101.

Been happening since the onset of this madness. Infuriates me that what is in effect a black swan event is being published as the only scenario by these clowns.

It has yea, though the actual figures this time last year spoke for themselves. 

We're in a way better place now, last winter in lockdown we had nothing much else but lockdown, no vaccines, no real other treatments, a far more severe and surging Delta variant, near 2000 deaths a day.  I don't think we had much option. I can remember then, even Steve Baker being his usual dubious self, then after a meeting with Boris and data, he changed his mind saying he understood that lockdown was needed. 

But thankfully those days are well gone, huge vaccination and antibody rates, lots of other treatments as well, and a much less severe variant. Even Javid said yesterday if you are vaccinated, you're 90% less likely to end up in hospital with Omicron. 

I seen and understood the reasoning for lockdowns before, but not now, no.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

It is not reasonable to question WHY if a booster does not appear to having any real effect on stopping us catching omicron and symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not?

Current vaccinations were developed (at all time record speeds) to try and reduce deaths from Alpha and Delta to some extent. Studies have shown the vaccines also boost our bodies response to Omicron. None of them, so far STOP you catching it.

The heavy lifting of STOPPING us catching Covid has been and remains, face masks particularly at crowded indoor venues, social distancing & using hand sanitiser.

Further work on changes to vaccines may well be able to STOP it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butch said:

Hang on, @roobob starts telling everyone it's attempted murder, then makes unfounded and ill researched accusations as to why it qualifies as such, then realises he's got it totally wrong and accuses everyone else who explained to him (in the most simple terms possible, may I add) of being "barrack lawyers" (sic).

BTW , It's "barrack room lawyer" - and I never said I was a lawyer, but my interpretation of Law seems to be somewhat more educated and accurate than yours is.

I'm still cracking up with your assessment of what constitutes attempted murder 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It's only January and already you're rolling out some classics which, when quoted for posterity will amuse people for years to come.

Have you rolled your latest "funny" past the lads in the village perchance?

Oh dear.... you should sit down and take a deep breath and start to realise that you are not right in everything even if you think you are.

You are mistaken again.......it is Barracks Lawyer...... but not to worry...your apology is accepted for once again being mistaken..... a habit that you seem to continually show to all and sundry.

Must go....big wedding in the village today.....plenty of music...food...... drinks......dancing..... plenty of intermingling...no masks..... no restrictions...all just having fun and a good time.

cheers 

Barracks lawyer Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

Barracks lawyer definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Must go....big wedding in the village today.....plenty of music...food...... drinks......dancing..... plenty of intermingling...no masks..... no restrictions...all just having fun and a good time.

Strange.

Where my daughter's family lives in Sisaket everyone wears masks and is conscientious about their neighbors' health.

You must live in a 'drinker's village' where nobody thinks much after a few shots of Lao Khao?

More likely you just make up all the shit you post on here.

. . .

264290998_4558689444227250_7147940765343341471_n.jpg

268426615_4597316990364495_3449667122368585516_n.jpg

271029744_4664879340274926_3004546583366734785_n.jpg

271186084_4664880450274815_3762867678630006127_n.jpg

263989205_4469474176434863_5326453869527961070_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
burp.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Strange.

Where my daughter's family lives in Sisaket everyone wears masks and is conscientious about their neighbors' health.

You must live in a 'drinker's village' where nobody thinks much after a few shots of Lao Khao?

. . .

264290998_4558689444227250_7147940765343341471_n.jpg

268426615_4597316990364495_3449667122368585516_n.jpg

271029744_4664879340274926_3004546583366734785_n.jpg

271186084_4664880450274815_3762867678630006127_n.jpg

263989205_4469474176434863_5326453869527961070_n.jpg

Oh dear....I suggest that you read my post again and comprehend it and do not continually make up things to meet your agenda.

There is no masks being worn at the wedding as all are eating...drinking...singing....dancing...having a good time.....at the wedding.

Going by your photos...so are those good Sisaket people going to eat the food through their masks or do they do what every other person in Thailand does when they eat...take them off.

You seem to have a problem when someone posts up about getting out and enjoying life...having fun...why is that???? You should try sometime...may help you to lighten up.

Anyway....back to the wedding.... weather quite warm at the moment...had to duck home and get some sunscreen and hat..... the band and dancing girls are about to ramp up and some more Leos to be drunk.

cheers

5 hours ago, john luke said:

Irrespective of the battle of Barrack Room Lawyer -v- Barrack Lawyer, I hope you have an enjoyable day at the function.  One of the things missing on the forum is photographs of some everyday life in North Thailand.  Some photographs from the function would be well received on the forum I am sure.

Having a great day...things are just starting to get going...... more good times ahead. 

I am not sure they would be well received going by some of the comments of when I post up of where I live..... and here is the latest one from lazarus.......

cheers

28 minutes ago, roobob said:

Oh dear....I suggest that you read my post again and comprehend it and do not continually make up things to meet your agenda.

There is no masks being worn at the wedding as all are eating...drinking...singing....dancing...having a good time.....at the wedding.

Going by your photos...so are those good Sisaket people going to eat the food through their masks or do they do what every other person in Thailand does when they eat...take them off.

You seem to have a problem when someone posts up about getting out and enjoying life...having fun...why is that???? You should try sometime...may help you to lighten up.

Anyway....back to the wedding.... weather quite warm at the moment...had to duck home and get some sunscreen and hat..... the band and dancing girls are about to ramp up and some more Leos to be drunk.

cheers

bla bla bla...

Pics...or it didn't happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

🤣

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Finally accepting the only thing to do is to accept that Covid is here to stay and we have to get back to living normal lives again. 

_122630550_times-nc.png

Absolutely.

It is about time the world realised we just have to live with covid because it is never going to go away.

Judging by the spread it would not surprise me if the majority of the UK population go down with omicron and will (mostly all) get through it with little more than the symptoms of a mild cold or no symptoms at all and both irrespective of whether vaccinated or not. Booster jabs are not making any material difference at all with regard to omicron.

"And its one,two, three what are we boosting for?

You know I don't give a damn, we're all living in omicron land.

And its four, five,six close up them pearly gates,

You know why, we ain't going to die."

Jambo, the boosted hypocrite  🤣                                       

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Finally accepting the only thing to do is to accept that Covid is here to stay and we have to get back to living normal lives again. 

_122630550_times-nc.png

Normal lives ,  by not knowing if you have it or not .. if your going to pass it onto you friends and family ..

okay it costs but it's nothing compared to what Boris and his mates have spaffed away already or diverted to their friends and family ..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, roobob said:

Oh dear.... you should sit down and take a deep breath and start to realise that you are not right in everything even if you think you are.

You are mistaken again.......it is Barracks Lawyer...... but not to worry...your apology is accepted for once again being mistaken..... a habit that you seem to continually show to all and sundry.

cheers 

Barracks lawyer Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

Barracks lawyer definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/barrack-room-lawyer

A barracks lawyer is a military lawyer by your own definition:

barracks lawyer in American English

noun
a member of the armed forces who speaks or acts like an authority on military law, regulations, and the rights of service personnel

Did I mention anything about the Military in my post?. Feel free to point out where I did. Did I say if I was a member of the Armed Forces?.

Barracks room lawyer:

Definition of 'barrack-room lawyer'

Edited by Butch
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Normal lives ,  by not knowing if you have it or not .. if your going to pass it onto you friends and family ..

okay it costs but it's nothing compared to what Boris and his mates have spaffed away already or diverted to their friends and family ..

We can't live like this forever, we've had 3 vaccinations, most people are wearing masks, percentage wise, deaths and hospital admissions are their lowest ever. 

Yet infections are their highest ever?. 

After winter flu season it will be like last year, come warmer weather it will be non existant again. It's unsustainable to keep this up, it's fucking up people's mental health, education, livelihoods etc. It's time people accepted people have to die of something. Yet there was no panic a few years ago when there were 20,000 higher than normal deaths due to a bad flu season over a 2 month period ?. 

The main people who want the restrictions are the workshy, lazy and those who want to work from home because they are financially better off. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1