COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

4 hours ago, roobob said:

Having a great day...things are just starting to get going...... more good times ahead. 

I am not sure they would be well received going by some of the comments of when I post up of where I live..... and here is the latest one from lazarus.......

You must live in a 'drinker's village' where nobody thinks much after a few shots of Lao Khao?

More likely you just make up all the shit you post on here.

cheers

I would love to see some pictures of folk enjoying themselves without restriction. I thought you lived in Bangkok? Have a nice time at the village party, wherever that is. 

Yeah...

I know this "live with it" and "get on with life" stuff sounds good to some...

Yet, there still are legitimate issues and concerns surrounding the damage that Covid will and can do...

For example:

-- Many countries have low vaccination rates. Global "sharing" of vaccines has yet to occur.

-- People over 65 can still die from Covid even if vaccinated. If unvaccinated it can be a death sentence.

-- Long-term Covid is real even for people with relatively mild cases of the disease.

In the US...

Early Data Hints at Omicron’s Potential Toll Across America

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/01/09/us/omicron-cities-cases-hospitals.html

... the number of Covid-19 patients who need intensive care or mechanical ventilation is approaching levels not seen since last winter. And the sheer number of patients is overwhelming to hospitals, where staffing shortages are putting healthcare workers under immense strain....

...Unvaccinated older people are particularly vulnerable to severe illness from Covid-19. About 12 percent of people in the United States ages 65 and older are not fully vaccinated, according to C.D.C. data. Many parts of the country where that rate is estimated to be highest are also places where surges fueled by the Omicron variant have not yet begun or are only just beginning. Those places include parts of the Midwest and the Mountain West and more rural areas across the country... (see map below)

. . .

Think ‘mild’ omicron is no big deal? Here’s what long COVID symptoms feel like

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/Think-mild-omicron-is-no-big-deal-Here-s-16754726.php

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If people want to live like that it's their choice, but don't ruin everyone else lives who are prepared to accept we have to get back to normal.

Far more damage will be done by continuing restrictions.

I agree. About the only "restriction" I encounter is having to show proof of vaccination at restaurants and bars, and to wear a mask in shops. Not a burden for me.

I'm not traveling any time soon so have not dealt with that BS (eg, tests, insurance, tracking). 

However...on the individual level it still is necessary to be vigilant. I don't trust people I don't know to do the right thing. Too many complacent people out there. Too many anti-vaxx'ers, too many Covid conspiracy nuts. (At least here in the US).

The disease is not going away any time soon. And the next variant might possibly be a doozy. I plan to stay healthy regardless of what the future brings.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I agree. About the only "restriction" I encounter is having to show proof of vaccination at restaurants and bars, and to wear a mask in shops. Not a burden for me.

I'm not traveling any time soon so have not dealt with that BS (eg, tests, insurance, tracking). 

However...on the individual level it still is necessary to be vigilant. I don't trust people I don't know to do the right thing. Too many complacent people out there. Too many anti-vaxx'ers, too many Covid conspiracy nuts. (At least here in the US).

The disease is not going away any time soon. And the next variant might possibly be a doozy. I plan to stay healthy regardless of what the future brings.

Totally agree mate 🙂

I've had 3 vaccination,if that ain't protection enough I don't know what else I can do. As you say,we take what precautions we think is right for us and our family.

Far as I know, I ain't Had it,or if I have,it gave me no illness, and our work has been riddled with it recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

bla bla bla...

Pics...or it didn't happen. 

Have you been to Thailand...ever???

You come across as being very naive about the place.

The day/night was great. Good people all enjoying themselves ...excellent food.....entertainment...... but it was time to leave when the karaoke started up...555.

It indeed did happen..... but I understand if you have doubts as there obviously is no fun....no out interacting with other people.... seeing live entertainment .....actually living and enjoying life in your life at the moment. How sad for you...but you only have yourself to blame and that is no reason of getting snotty towards others who are out and enjoying their life.

Anyway...off to drop the vehicle in for a service......have lunch while out..... no time to sit at home tapping on the keyboard for most of the day bemoaning their life as some are doing. cheers

Edited by roobob

29 minutes ago, roobob said:

The day/night was great. Good people all enjoying themselves ...excellent food.....entertainment...... but it was time to leave when the karaoke started up...555.

It indeed did happen..... but I understand if you have doubts as there obviously is no fun....no out interacting with other people.... seeing live entertainment .....actually living and enjoying life in your life at the moment. How sad for you...but you only have yourself to blame and that is no reason of getting snotty towards others who are out and enjoying their life.

Anyway...off to drop the vehicle in for a service......have lunch while out..... no time to sit at home tapping on the keyboard for most of the day bemoaning their life as some are doing. cheers

No pics, ...huh?

Figures... as internet talk is cheap. You talk a lot. Very little to back anything up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roobob said:

55555555555 !    What a load of bull crap.   

internet troll is mean at the computer - troll stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, Stillearly said:

Normal lives ,  by not knowing if you have it or not .. if your going to pass it onto you friends and family ..

okay it costs but it's nothing compared to what Boris and his mates have spaffed away already or diverted to their friends and family ..

It makes no material difference whether you know or not with regard to omicron.

Three members of my family all passed it on to one another starting with my grandson who passed it o to his dad who passed it on to my daughter a few days later Both adults had booster jabs which made absolutely no protection at ALL against catching omicron. All  had the same mild symptoms with my grandson only having had one jab.

How can you stop close family members from passing omicron on to one another?

It depends upon which so called expert one chooses to believe but the consensus view seems to be that you cannot stop catching omicron through vaccination, boosted or not, and when you catch it the symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not. 

Edited by Jambo
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jambo said:

It makes no material difference whether you know or not with regard to omicron.

Three members of my family all passed it on to one another starting with my grandson who passed it o to his dad who passed it on to my daughter a few days later Both adults had booster jabs which made absolutely no protection and ALL against catching omicron. All  had the same mild symptoms with my grandson only having had one jab.

How can you stop close family members from passing omicron to on another?

It depends upon which so called expert one chooses to believe but the consensus view seems to be that you cannot stop catching omicron through vaccination, boosted or not, and when you catch it the symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not. 

People living in the same house would be difficult, but if they know they have it then they can make a decision not to visit you or work colleagues or go in shops / public transport 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Jambo said:

...It depends upon which so called expert one chooses to believe but the consensus view seems to be that you cannot stop catching omicron through vaccination, boosted or not, and when you catch it the symptoms are mild whether vaccinated or not

Yes and no...

In the US a lot of people admitted to hospitals and some to ICUs with the omicrom variant.

It's becoming a numbers game. More infected...more hospitalized....with less serious symptoms. Although the unvaccinated and the immune compromised seem to still end up with severe illnesses.

If a person is vaccinated and practices Covid avoidance strategies there is a better chance to not contract the disease. Tough to do this with family members as you note.

. . ,.

In Omicron Hot Spots, Hospitals Fill Up, but I.C.U.s May Not
Covid hospitalizations are surging, but a smaller proportion of cases is severe compared with previous waves. With staff shortages, some hospitals are still in crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/health/covid-omicron-hospitalizations.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus&variant=show&region=MAIN_CONTENT_3&block=storyline_levelup_swipe_recirc

In hospitals around the country, doctors are taking notice: This wave of Covid seems different from the last one.

Once again, as they face the highly contagious Omicron variant, medical personnel are exhausted and are contracting the virus themselves. And the numbers of patients entering hospitals with the variant are surging to staggering levels, filling up badly needed beds, delaying nonemergency procedures and increasing the risk that vulnerable uninfected patients will catch the virus.

But in Omicron hot spots from New York to Florida to Texas, a smaller proportion of those patients are landing in intensive care units or requiring mechanical ventilation, doctors said. And many — roughly 50 to 65 percent of admissions in some New York hospitals — show up at the hospital for other ailments and then test positive for the virus...

...But the lower proportion of severe cases is also happening because, compared with previous variants, Omicron is infecting more people who have some prior immunity, whether through prior infection or vaccination. The vast majority of Omicron patients in I.C.U.s are unvaccinated or have severely compromised immune systems, doctors said....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

People living in the same house would be difficult, but if they know they have it then they can make a decision not to visit you or work colleagues or go in shops / public transport 

Or alternatively we could lock ourselves away, never go shopping or meet friends for a drink or go to a restaurant or go on holiday and sit at home being thoroughly miserable like many of us have for the last two or more years.

Enough, is enough.

Selfish coffin dodgers

Time to have omicron parties.

When you catch omicron invite all your friends and relations you don't like round who haven't yet gone down and let's all get it out of the way in time for the summer holidays.

They used to do that in England years ago with measles. When you kid went down with it they used to invite the neighbour's kids round to get it out of the way when you were young.

Or was that German measles?

Wasn't whooping cough?

13 hours ago, roobob said:

Yet another ad hominen attack on a member...oh! dear oh dear! Practice what you preach

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Yet another ad hominen attack on a member...oh! dear oh dear! Practice what you preach

No worries...roob's long past help when it comes to participating in a civil discussion.

Just imagine what he's like at a party. 

:default_fam21:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Time to have omicron parties.

When you catch omicron invite all your friends and relations you don't like round who haven't yet gone down and let's all get it out of the way in time for the summer holidays.

Good luck with that... 😳

_78135844_hi024269228.jpg

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Measles can be very serious so I doubt if it was that,I had it when I was about 4yo & my parents were very worried at the time.

Actually, I believe it was German measles (rubella) which is generally very mild for children but much more serious in adults and pregnant women in particular.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Still sticking up for the teacher who illegally injected that minor?? You have seemed to have gone quiet on that point.

cheers

3 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Actually, I believe it was German measles (rubella) which is generally very mild for children but much more serious in adults and pregnant women in particular.

It was chicken pox, I was sent to play with a kid to catch it. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lazarus said:

No worries...roob's long past help when it comes to participating in a civil discussion.

Just imagine what he's like at a party. 

:default_fam21:

At least I am going to parties....not sitting all day at a keyboard like some....555.

So have you ever been to Thailand....I don't mean via a computer.. I mean physically??

cheers

18 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Or alternatively we could lock ourselves away, never go shopping or meet friends for a drink or go to a restaurant or go on holiday and sit at home being thoroughly miserable like many of us have for the last two or more years.

Enough, is enough.

I had five holidays last year , another two cancelled because of Covid 

already had one flight cancelled this year , but got another three booked 

I'm definitely not locking myself away , but taking sensible precautions, happy to mask up when required and test myself if concerned ..

• Like 5