Big Snake & Other XL Creatures

lazarus

Snakes of Isaan

In garden in mueng phon, Khon Kaen.

Screenshot 2023-07-22 074146.jpg

Malayan or Blue Krait (Bungarus candidus). In Thai: งูทับสมิงคลา (ngu thap saming khlaa). Highly venomous. Apart from their triangular body shape, Kraits best can be identified by the scales along their vertebral line are hexagonal, means six-sided, and larger than the other body scales. Malayan kraits are ground-dwelling and generally not aggressive or strongly defensive and if possible will try to hide if harassed. That doesn’t change the fact that it is one of the deadliest snakes in Thailand. They are mainly active at night, which has the effect, that people are usually bitten, when laying down to sleep on the floor. What makes it even more problematic is, that unlike the bite from many venomous snakes, the bite from a Krait is relatively painless. And, symptoms often become present after a significant delay of up to several hours, only. That however does not mean it isn’t doing damage. But it means losing a lot of time for medical care. The venom of Bungarus candidus is neuro-toxic, as is the venomous of the other Kraits, and thus affects the nervous system of the victim. Feed on other snakes, but also on lizards, mice, frogs and other small animals.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1424811651695145&set=gm.2727651164042470&idorvanity=1076644525809817

• Like 2

Carpet Python in toilet - Barney Point
I removed this nice chunky Carpet Python from inside a toilet this evening. Of interest, the home owner had a plumber at the home only yesterday because the toilet wasn’t flushing properly. He used a camera and looked inside the pipe but couldn’t see anything. I’m guessing that the snake was further up the pipe. 
Even more interesting is that the toilet is connected to mains, not septic. With septic tanks you get snakes that find their way into the septic tank and then travel up the pipe and come out inside the toilet bowl. So I don’t know if this snake entered through a broken sewer pipe somewhere, or entered through the house. Either way the home owner got a big surprise when she lifted the lid. It’s a decent size snake too 🐍 🐍

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057320115168

362642199_770887401498590_4702454586066765754_n.jpg

• Surprised 2

46 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Carpet Python in toilet - Barney Point
I removed this nice chunky Carpet Python from inside a toilet this evening. Of interest, the home owner had a plumber at the home only yesterday because the toilet wasn’t flushing properly. He used a camera and looked inside the pipe but couldn’t see anything. I’m guessing that the snake was further up the pipe. 
Even more interesting is that the toilet is connected to mains, not septic. With septic tanks you get snakes that find their way into the septic tank and then travel up the pipe and come out inside the toilet bowl. So I don’t know if this snake entered through a broken sewer pipe somewhere, or entered through the house. Either way the home owner got a big surprise when she lifted the lid. It’s a decent size snake too 🐍 🐍

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057320115168

362642199_770887401498590_4702454586066765754_n.jpg

Bloody hell, i would have shut the door and got an expert handler in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now thats what you call a large Gator 😟

I think there might be some camera distortion in that shot (ie., subjects in the foreground appear larger), but the guy does catch some big ones...

I visited an Alligator Farm in Central Louisiana a few years back and they definitely grow 'em extra large.
https://www.gatorcountryla.com

. . .

Here's a couple more shots from the guy in the post you commented on:

339092501_8923868841016849_6472787469605779045_n.jpg

339312358_1584830181993911_7301857170838194789_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I went to an alligator farm in the late 80's in Bangkok and approached a pen housing supposedly smaller gators, as i looked over the pen wall which was approx 4 ft high one gator leap up at me, i jumped back like an olympic athlete and nearly shit myself, i did'nt ever do that again lol

• Haha 2

I visited one in Chiang Mai in the early stages of covid,  just before the shut down. Chinese tourists had long gone home and they were not feeding them due to lack of money. In the pen of very big ones, the smallest gator was being ripped apart by the others.

Quite a sight to see!

• Surprised 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Quite a sight to see!

"When a group of tourists visited a crocodile farm, the owner of the place launched a bold proposal, "Whoever dares to jump, swim to the shore, and survive, I'll give you $1,000,000.

No one dared to move. Suddenly, a man jumped into the water, and desperately swam, and made it to the shore, while being chased by all the crocodiles.

The owner announced, "We have a brave winner!!"  

After the man collected his reward, he and his wife returned to the hotel. 

Upon arrival, the manager told him that he had been very brave to jump. To which the man replied, "I didn't jump, someone pushed me!" His wife smiled.....

Moral - Behind every successful man, there's a woman who pushes him!

. . .

361616827_9970376249646586_782913444418606208_n.jpg

• Haha 5

sebastian-scheuer-dpNlX3Coltg-unsplash-pichi.jpg

Woman Killed by Grizzly Bear Leads to Emergency Closure in Yellowstone National Park

https://snowbrains.com/woman-killed-by-grizzly-bear-leads-to-closure-within-yellowstone-national-park/?fbclid=IwAR2BirBgtdhzevguGklfr9zbuhGLQs_vHj-SSIunglnvZ6Opg0XWy5NYZkY

... The fatality is the third bear-related death in North America this year. On June 16th, 2023, Stephen Jackson, 66, was killed by a brown bear in Arizona, and on January 17th, 2023, Summer Myomick, 24, was killed by a polar bear in Alaska. It is the first fatality in Yellowstone National Park since April 2021 and only the second in the last decade.

Bear attacks are rare in North America. Attacks are for predatory, territorial, or protective reasons. Most wilderness attacks have occurred when there were only one or two people in the vicinity.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, lazarus said:

sebastian-scheuer-dpNlX3Coltg-unsplash-pichi.jpg

Woman Killed by Grizzly Bear Leads to Emergency Closure in Yellowstone National Park

https://snowbrains.com/woman-killed-by-grizzly-bear-leads-to-closure-within-yellowstone-national-park/?fbclid=IwAR2BirBgtdhzevguGklfr9zbuhGLQs_vHj-SSIunglnvZ6Opg0XWy5NYZkY

... The fatality is the third bear-related death in North America this year. On June 16th, 2023, Stephen Jackson, 66, was killed by a brown bear in Arizona, and on January 17th, 2023, Summer Myomick, 24, was killed by a polar bear in Alaska. It is the first fatality in Yellowstone National Park since April 2021 and only the second in the last decade.

Bear attacks are rare in North America. Attacks are for predatory, territorial, or protective reasons. Most wilderness attacks have occurred when there were only one or two people in the vicinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgm2zQpETSE

• Haha 1

Sea lion recorded in California likely wasn’t targeting tourists, expert says

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/watch-sea-lion-charges-tourists-at-california-cove/

...the greatest risk of injury usually happens when beachgoers encroach on the sea lion’s space or startle them by doing things like attempting to take selfies with them or touch them. They do not deliberately attack or charge people unless they are provoked.

“They are wild animals, but they don’t typically charge people just for the heck of it,” Davidoff said. “There’s usually another sea lion there. They don’t really care about people.”...

• Thumbs Up 1