Campers, Caravans, Trailers, RVs - Back to the Future & Beyond.

lazarus

On 6/17/2022 at 6:34 PM, maipenrai said:

Spotted this monster at my local service station the other day - was tempted to ask the driver if he'd taken a wrong turn at Timbuktu; these things may be just the ticket for African adventures but they are way overkill for our roads in Canada:

img_1570.jpg

Had to do a double take on that, thought the green bit was part of the roof. LOL

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Hate to be a negative Nelly, but don't see this as a practical solution for biking and camping. First problem would be weight, a close second would be the wind profile. Hate to be towing that into a headwind, or even worse getting buffeted by quartering or side winds.

Then there's the heat problem. Probably would be very comfy in the winter, but who bikes and camps in the winter. During the warmer months, with limited ventilation I'd imagine it would quickly get very stuffy and warm inside. Much rather be in a tent, or under the stars than sleeping in a box.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Strange looking RV...but great name... "Pleasure Way" ... must be for the small windows 😉

20220820-IMG_8328-2.jpg

Looks a good'un to me Laz', and with twin wheels on the back there's not so much rocking when the fun starts  !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SteveBC said:

That must have a turning circle comparable to a container ship  !!

The wheel base is not too long...just have to watch out for the long 'rear end'..!

Do have to be careful driving it around in San Francisco as many of the streets are extremely steep hills.

I see delivery trucks getting hung up on the sharp angles all the time.

• 1 month later...

Brabus has turned the G63 AMG into a ute.

The P900 Rocket Edition would cost about $1.5m in Australia.

The P900 Rocket Edition looks mean.

2022 Brabus P900 Rocket Edition revealed

It’s priced at €773,069 ($1.15m), which in Australia would translate to about $1.5m once various taxes and duties were applied.

To put that in perspective you could buy multiple top-end Ferraris or 25 Toyota HiLuxes.

What you do get is exclusivity, as Brabus is only making 10 examples of the P900 Rocket Edition.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...