Oscars Will Smith- Chris Rock……scripted or not?

Golfingboy

39 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Read some female presenter was feeling male booty so where is the outrage.

I suppose violence with black on black and females touching men is OK in woke Hollywood.

Yes, Regina Hall groped Jason Momoa & Josh Brolin….if the tables were turned, oh my. Total double standard 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://fb.watch/c1coJvRBVQ/

Real for sure..

I think maybe Will has been affected pretty deeply by things going on in his personal life and it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Compared to other world events right now though how the f**k is this news and just goes to prove how fake society is.

I like Will as an actor though

Edited by roomark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Yes, Regina Hall groped Jason Momoa & Josh Brolin….if the tables were turned, oh my. Total double standard 

Yes they were saying if a white guy hit Chris Rock and Ricki Gervais touched a couple of female butts the outcry would have been deafening.

• Like 4

Imagine if Benedict Cucumberbatch had thrown a hissy fit as a gay cowboy for not getting an Oscar and bitch slapped Will Smith ..... Ukraine would no longer be the lead item on the news and every lefty would be taking the knee in solidarity.

Meghan and Harry would Tik Tok themselves crying ....

Chris Rock is a funny guy ...... and rode the slap ..... which looked quite powerful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At least Will Smith has the decency to admit he was wrong.

Will Smith issues apology to Chris Rock over slapping incident at Oscars

Will Smith has issued an apology for striking presenter Chris Rock at Sunday's Academy Awards.

In a post on Instagram on Monday afternoon, Smith called his behavior "unacceptable and inexcusable."

"Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally," he wrote. "I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness."

Smith added in his post that, "Violence in all forms is poisonous and destructive."

He also included in his note an apology to "the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world," as well as the family of tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams and those involved with the film for which he won his best actor award on Sunday.

"I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us," he wrote. "I am a work in progress."

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

@Mr. SmoothThat was messed up I agree, Mr Jackson got the Shaft there. I mean the broadcast was 3:45…..but his award was just an afterthought? 

So many good films with him, personally I think A Time to Kill was one of his best. And I’m sorry, but his role in Django as Stephen…..he nailed it. Didn’t see it until recently, and his scenes vs Jamie Foxx are gold

Absolutely right there @Golfingboy  That role SLJ played in Django was the best acting performance that year. Sure - the guy is a 'character' actor and is not as such, a technically gifted actor - but that character role was made for SLJ - it was absolutely perfect 'acting'.   So why was Penelope Cruz even nominated??? It all sucks - the show - and everything about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Apologies if this seems non-PC, but the more I hear about last night’s show, the more it pisses me off. It’s like the movie performances weren’t that important, the Academy just felt the pressure to give Will Best Actor, along with that woman whose  name I never heard of, Supporting Actress for West Side Story. Even seen many tweets from Black folks, who openly supported the assault, yet were honest enough to say Will’s acting was better in Ali, and no way he deserved it this year. 

I understand having pride in your culture, but so many moments last night, instead of just pure joy, seemed like an “us against them” mentality. I will never support that, whether it’s sports, in a local business, or Hollywood. 

I was born several years after Blacks still had to piss in different washrooms, so never experienced that level of racism. But growing up, I don’t know, if there was a Black kid in school, they always fit in very well, it was only skin colour and didn’t make a difference . Now 30+ years later, with all the “strides” we’ve supposedly made, I find the divide is worse than ever…..is that progress? Nope

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 2

21 hours ago, fygjam said:

As an aside. A couple of fine sets of pecs being displayed by the Williams sisters.

image.png

Or are they tits?

I reckon Serena Williams could have done a better job of decking Chris Rock.

Not somebody one would wish to bump into on a dark night.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

Capture.JPG

I kind of wish that Chris Rock after Will bitch slapped him, he walks over to Will as he is heading back to his seat, taps him on the shoulder, knocks his sorry ass out, stands over him, turns back to the crowd and says " Can you smell what The Rock................is cooking"? 

Of course there are social media reports coming from various "sources" saying that people who have worked with Will Smith, people on the set, cameramen, stage hands etc.etc.etc. are saying he is a complete ass-wipe to deal with and has a very explosive temper. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I kind of wish that Chris Rock after Will bitch slapped him, he walks over to Will as he is heading back to his seat, taps him on the shoulder, knocks his sorry ass out, stands over him, turns back to the crowd and says " Can you smell what The Rock................is cooking"? 

Of course there are social media reports coming from various "sources" saying that people who have worked with Will Smith, people on the set, cameramen, stage hands etc.etc.etc. are saying he is a complete ass-wipe to deal with and has a very explosive temper. 

The thing is they're all actors. Nothing is actually 'real' for them. 

But the consequence is that real people in real life situations will model this behavior and there'll be more and more confrontation over minor issues.

And...a lot of dipshits will film it trying to get a million 'likes.'

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

The thing is they're all actors. Nothing is actually 'real' for them. 

But the consequence is that real people in real life situations will model this behavior and there'll be more and more confrontation over minor issues.

And...a lot of dipshits will film it trying to get a million 'likes.'

Folks we have a miracle here....I agree with one of Lazarus posts... 

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

21 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Apologies if this seems non-PC, but the more I hear about last night’s show, the more it pisses me off. It’s like the movie performances weren’t that important, the Academy just felt the pressure to give Will Best Actor, along with that woman whose  name I never heard of, Supporting Actress for West Side Story. Even seen many tweets from Black folks, who openly supported the assault, yet were honest enough to say Will’s acting was better in Ali, and no way he deserved it this year. 
I understand having pride in your culture, but so many moments last night, instead of just pure joy, seemed like an “us against them” mentality. I will never support that, whether it’s sports, in a local business, or Hollywood. 
I was born several years after Blacks still had to piss in different washrooms, so never experienced that level of racism. But growing up, I don’t know, if there was a Black kid in school, they always fit in very well, it was only skin colour and didn’t make a difference . Now 30+ years later, with all the “strides” we’ve supposedly made, I find the divide is worse than ever…..is that progress? Nope

Mate - what you are saying is what the majority of people think.  That is a fact - not opinion. 

Some years ago, for my sins, I worked in a City called Canberra.  That City is a toxic culture dominated by Feminists, Greenies and Left wingnuts. I once had a conversation with a very well known senior Labor Minister (left wing) - he said the Canberra Branch of the Party were absolute wingnuts and would take society back to the caves if they were allowed.  When there are elections, over 70% vote Labor in that City. 

My point is that even there the majority agreed that all the left wing minority stuff was crazy.  But they knew what side of the bread was buttered - so everyone just went along with it. Even there they know what we have always known and what the Asians still know - that if you allow too much focus on certain 'tribes' of people, they will be trouble. It is not their fault - it is genetics - and once they become older and get into positions of power and influence, they will (on average) be a problem.  Call it inferiority complex or whatever, but minorities are always taking things too far and they always will.  Like it or not, we live in a Democracy - the majority is supposed to rule for everyone. If we continue to focus on the minorities - we will continue to have problems. 

As Humphries said :  "Minister. Sussex has the least number of 'social problems' because they do not have any social workers, and East London has the most because they have the most number of social workers".  "Humphries - are you trying to say that social workers do not actually solve social problems, but they merely identify and quantify them, and thereby create more work for more social workers?"  Humphries (patiently) - "Yes Minister".  

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2