Stupid Human Tricks

forcebwithu

On 11/3/2023 at 6:05 PM, lazarus said:

Uggghhh...

. . .

Utah Man Disgusted After Drinking 'Warm Urine' Delivery Driver Gave Him Instead Of Milkshake
Caleb Wood got a surprise when he ordered fries and a milkshake from Chick-fil-A through GrubHub and discovered upon taking a sip that it was instead 'warm urine.'

https://www.comicsands.com/utah-man-urine-delivery-driver-2666135818.html

Wood recalled:

“When I started eating my meal upon delivery, I put a straw in my cup that was delivered and took a sip."
However, it didn't take long for him to realize that it was not what he ordered. It was a lot worse.

“I soon discovered that the cup delivered to me from the GrubHub driver was a warm cup of urine," he recalled.

. . .

I'm interested how he knows what urine tastes like.

• Haha 1

On this morning's bike ride I noticed they've moved the crosswalk on Pattaya Nua at the Dolphin Roundabout about 100m up the road to make it safer for pedestrians. However a gaggle of Chinese tourists decided to use the old, now unmarked crossing area. What qualified them for the stupid human trick of the day award is they were using umbrellas to protect their delicate white skin from the sun which also prevented them from seeing traffic zooming down Nua about to turn them into Chinese roadkill. In a perverse way I enjoyed the look of surprise as motorbikes passed through gaps in their group.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

For a strong swimmer, swimming from Pattaya to Koh Larn is doable. But doing it alone without a safety boat is just plain stupid.

Russian tourist makes waves with daring swim between Pattaya’s viewpoints

A Russian tourist sent shockwaves through the local community when he was found swimming in the sea between Pattaya’s Khao Phra Tamnak viewpoint and Koh Larn.

The incident occurred around 1pm today. Asadakorn Bangsi, also known as Copy, the owner of Koh Larn’s accommodation, reported the event to the Khaosod Online after sharing the story on TikTok.

Asadakorn revealed the peculiar event, stating that he, a Koh Larn resident, was returning from Pattaya to Koh Larn on the first boat of the day at 7am. Halfway through, in the deepest part of Koh Larn, he stumbled upon a foreign tourist swimming. The tourist was later identified as a Russian national.

The sight of a foreigner swimming in the rough sea was startling enough, but what made it more astonishing was the tourist’s calm demeanour. Despite the forceful waves, the tourist showed no signs of panic or distress. Instead, it was Asadakorn and his fellow passengers who were panic-stricken and quickly took action to rescue the man.

Upon rescuing him, the Russian tourist was visibly exhausted with red, weary eyes. When questioned about his actions, he revealed that he was staying at the Khao Phra Tamnak viewpoint and decided to swim to Koh Larn.

Asadakorn was taken aback by the tourist’s revelation and questioned why he didn’t take the boat instead. The Russian tourist simply replied that he wanted to swim there.
In the end, Asadakorn reflected on the incident and warned fellow travellers to take the boat to Koh Larn, which costs only 30 baht per ride.

• Surprised 1

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I knew a Welsh girl of 25 who had swum the channel twice. That’s around 21 miles each time. 1351 women have also done it. 
That Russian was probably pissed when he went in and just kept going. 🤣

Longest I ever swam was 7.8 miles for a charity event when I was 18. No safety boat needed as it was done in an indoor pool.

• Thumbs Up 4

I won...maybe not! 😞

. . .

Oops! Iowa Lottery Announces the Wrong Winning Numbers.
Lottery officials apologized after human error led to the posting of the wrong numbers in a Powerball drawing this week. Some people cashed in before the mistake was spotted.

Free link: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/us/iowa-lottery-numbers.html?unlocked_article_code=1.CU0.ksS4.tLXsW6TXmeXe&smid=url-share

Screenshot 2023-11-30 145952.jpg

• Surprised 1

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

^ back story

Video Shows Moments Before Montgomery County Deputy Kills Erratic Driving Suspect
Authorities say the suspect struck multiple cars and then hit the deputy with a piece of wood

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/montgomery-county-deputy-shoots-kills-erratic-driving-suspect-authorities/2565089/

On drugs perhaps or maybe just had a death wish   ??

At least the victim was white, so there will be no riots in town tonight.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Couldn't he have been tasered and cuffed?

In the news story (linked above) it said the LEO tried to get to his taser but the 'deadman walking' was on him too quickly.

According the perp's family he was suffering from "mental distress."

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, lazarus said:

In the news story (linked above) it said the LEO tried to get to his taser but the 'deadman walking' was on him too quickly.

According the perp's family he was suffering from "mental distress."

Very sad, many people have breakdowns but don't end up dead. Guy needed help. Sad, but I won't have a go at what the cop did, he had to protect himself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

Screenshot 2023-12-07 065124.jpg

The colossal taco will set you back $30, but it’s intended to feed three to five people, Dang said. About 2 pounds of Mexican rice, beans, lettuce, protein of choice and garnish are tucked inside a 14-inch hard-shell taco that’s fried in-house. Taqueria Azteca sells about 35 of these behemoths a week, with birria being the most popular protein choice. There’s also the option to choose from three flour tortillas, in white, red or green shells. Despite the dish being the equivalent of about 10 regular crunchy tacos, Dang said that most customers are eager to try one for themselves.  

“I think it’s a bragging opportunity,” Dang said with a laugh.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/bay-area-taqueria-azteca-giant-taco-18525553.php

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1