What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

After reading this and checking, on manage my booking my direct flight for start of Feb still shows.

Though when do a flight search for that date, there's now 4 flights all going via Qatar. same same here

What number did you use to call them, i can see various numbers? 03444930787 And why do you say it could be a good thing if moved to Qatar? the upstairs experience on Qatar is far superior to BA!

As above.

I've given myself until end of next week, then will start booking one night quarantine package, and thai pass. Then, if it all changes, get stressed nearer the time...

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

As above.

I've given myself until end of next week, then will start booking one night quarantine package, and thai pass. Then, if it all changes, get stressed nearer the time...

No way they're flying direct.

I'll probably end up getting a voucher and looking at alternative flights if we still go. Phuket option is kinda appealing, and Boris hinted the travel rules might change again as the variant is everywhere anyway, though that could mean no red but more testing ffs!

Shambles :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am now seriously looking at mid January 2020 and do a 6 weeker. Need a break even though things will not be as they were before,the way I am now looking at things, I am not exactly doing very much in UK, plus its as cold as f*ck, Probably better and from what I have been told by a few expat friends, there are a few more opportunities than I first thought. Although I would rather not go into detail,if you know what I mean. Lots of cash to burn, so. I am not too concerned about any extra costs here and there. 

I knew you were a man of many skills Graham but didn`t know you could time travel.:default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

f**k all basically. 🤣

Got holidays to use up before year end so just chilling out. Off yesterday and today then work half day tomorrow. God knows when it will be safe to confidently book to go abroad anywhere, just a fucking nightmare again. 

Fair play to you guys taking the chances, but it's just too volatile for me at the moment. Had a gig cancelled the other week, got a fair few in the first few months of next year, but won't be booking anymore yet as you just don't know what going to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Krapow said:

I can get a full month of work for my next trip, i might look at doing Phuket and staying for a week or so in Feb, maybe see how @roomark gets on.

I'm flying to BKK mate ..

Arrive 18th managed to get Thailand Passes and all 4 of us now doing Test And Go (had booked a hotel for me and my eldest son who is 14 to do Sandbox , but the rules have now changed and he can do Test And Go too)

I payed for the hotel for a week for me and him and they won't refund me because he is now doing Test And Go 🙄 , but I'm not bothered gonna stay there two days fly or drive  upcountry with my family and leave them there to catch up with her family.

I'm flying down to Phuket alone on the 24th to meet some mates and will see how it goes from there ..

Of course that's all counting on negative results all around, time will tell 😆

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bought some electronic scales this morning. Been weighing myself on the pallet wrapping machine at work, but obviously that's wearing about 4 layers of clothes and wearing steely boots etc. On that I was coming up 65/66 kilos. On these I'm 62.7 kilos, or 9 stone 8 pounds. My weight has pretty much levelled out over the last few months, most weight loss occurred when quitting drinking, and later on another drop when I changed to a veggie lifestyle. I'm not overly skinny as I have quite a small light skeleton. 

IMG_20211211_140032.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Bought some electronic scales this morning. Been weighing myself on the pallet wrapping machine at work, but obviously that's wearing about 4 layers of clothes and wearing steely boots etc. On that I was coming up 65/66 kilos. On these I'm 62.7 kilos, or 9 stone 8 pounds. My weight has pretty much levelled out over the last few months, most weight loss occurred when quitting drinking, and later on another drop when I changed to a veggie lifestyle. I'm not overly skinny as I have quite a small light skeleton. 

IMG_20211211_140032.jpg

63 kilos. You need feeding up for Xmas😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

IMG_20211211_140032.jpg

Always pictured you around a middle weight for some reason.

Keep up the clean lifestyle good on you 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

We went to the theatre last night to watch the Snowman, it was superb, truly. 

Then down to meet Santa at London Zoo today, which was also surprisingly very good. 

Santa had a Scottish accent, i got Caitlin to ask was he from Scotland or Lapland? He styled it out well, the old Pro he is, saying he's from everywhere.

And sadly a sign of the times, Santa wearing a mask. 

Was gonna tell Caitlin to ask him for a 28-0 Rangers win against Celtic for Christmas, but wasn't sure what school he went to, and if he'd laugh or throw us out!

20211211_184720.jpg

20211212_145651.jpg

20211212_143252.jpg

20211211_182812.jpg

Lovely.... I'm sure there was a smile glued to your face the entire time .......!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just been in the queue for tickets for the ODI against India at Lord's in the summer. Got to the point where you selected the seats. Then got the price. Wanted 2 tickets, not the most expensive part of the ground. 

£340 for 2!!!.

Thanks but no thanks, not paying that for a gamble on the weather being okay, f**k load of money if it ends up raining half way through. 

Would of paid up to £100 a ticket. 

Paid £60 each for tickets for the T20i against South Africa at the Ageas which is pretty good to me, but 3 times that is a lot to risk on our summer, especially when we had one like this years. 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 3

39 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just been in the queue for tickets for the ODI against India at Lord's in the summer. Got to the point where you selected the seats. Then got the price. Wanted 2 tickets, not the most expensive part of the ground. 

£340 for 2!!!.

Thanks but no thanks, not paying that for a gamble on the weather being okay, f**k load of money if it ends up raining half way through. 

Would of paid up to £100 a ticket. 

Paid £60 each for tickets for the T20i against South Africa at the Ageas which is pretty good to me, but 3 times that is a lot to risk on our summer, especially when we had one like this years. 

That's alot of dosh methinks mate. Don't blame ya.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, boydeste said:

That's alot of dosh methinks mate. Don't blame ya.

Wouldn't mind if it was for something not so weather reliant, your getting 8 hours play pretty much, so per hour it's cheaper than a lot of football matches, but they don't go off for rain. 

Think I'll stick to T20i and County sides games. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1