What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Frost? Think yourself lucky...

We had snow. SNOW, I tell ya! The locals told me we never experienced snow here before i moved here. I would put up a pic, but it's all gone now, apart from the roof of my car, which seems to have turned white. It's a black car...

0B0A0575.jpg

No snow here - peace and tranquillity.  27 degrees here and it has just turned 1900 hours.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have had so many many many good nights out in York, including quite a few "Dirty Weekends". Do people still do the "Mickel gate run" drinking in all the pubs up and down the hill?

Enjoy yourselves mate!

Several of the pubs are gone on Micklegate now, that still leaves a fair few though! No sign of York becoming any less popular for a night out , rammed on Friday and Saturday.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Woke up to a very heavy frost this morning, minus 1 with a real feel of minus 6. Bloody freezing here.   ( don't let @maipenrai read this, he will think it's still mild. LOL )

I am not normally still home this time of year and I can't wait to get to warmer climes. Looking a bit touch and go now with potential restrictions coming in because of the Moronic variant. Fingers crossed for a sensible reaction and not a full ban from countries with it.

Pussy, lol; -22C here as I write this and probably 8-10" of snow on the ground...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am hoping that I won't have to buy a new battery for my car. The starter turnover was slower than normal yesterday when I started her up. But she had been standing for a couple of days. Not cheap for a stop/start battery, plus another 30 quid to have it reprogrammed. 

Energy bills this year are going to be a lot higher and I have had my central heating on full blast for the last couple of weeks. 

It always makes me see red when I hear about this BS - deliberately engineered to cost the consumer more money, having to pay the "stealerships" to make the damned car run again after simply disconnecting the battery; yet another reason why I will never buy a new car again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am hoping that I won't have to buy a new battery for my car. The starter turnover was slower than normal yesterday when I started her up. But she had been standing for a couple of days. Not cheap for a stop/start battery, plus another 30 quid to have it reprogrammed. 

Energy bills this year are going to be a lot higher and I have had my central heating on full blast for the last couple of weeks. 

Last time I changed the car battery, I connected a charger to the connectors and carefully insulated them during the changeover. Once the leads were on the new battery disconnected the charger.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have had so many many many good nights out in York, including quite a few "Dirty Weekends". Do people still do the "Mickel gate run" drinking in all the pubs up and down the hill?

Enjoy yourselves mate!

Thanks mate.

It's lovely, the snow covered golf course looks beautiful.

Edit - pic added

IMG_6171.jpg

Edited by Britboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Several of the pubs are gone on Micklegate now, that still leaves a fair few though! No sign of York becoming any less popular for a night out , rammed on Friday and Saturday.

In the 80s there was a nightclub 3/4s of the way up on the left which you had to be seriously smelly if you left there alone! 

In the 70s My favourite place was the railway station buffet. Always changed trains there after a game a ER and had a hot soup and a sandwich. Aaaaah the good old days watching Eddie Gray "shuffling down the wing!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tko said:

It was 26°C (79°F) this morning.  So I'm enjoying seeing Thais in jackets, sweaters, and parkas on what most westerners would consider a warm day.

Strangely enough I commented this morning as to how pleasant the temperature was today so far.

8 minutes ago, tko said:

It was 26°C (79°F) this morning.  So I'm enjoying seeing Thais in jackets, sweaters, and parkas on what most westerners would consider a warm day.

I'm wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt today as an extra layer. With open windows and the stiff breeze and cooler temps it's a bit on the cold side sitting in my home office and not moving around much. Guess I've gone native. :default_coldb:

Just doing some due diligence with my trip coming up soon, I am flying with Qatar and just found out that you have to fill in a separate declaration form as well as presenting your pcr test certificate at check in. Also they take both off you for their records, so taking multile copies of everything seems to be the way to go. @roomark I think you are flying Qatar too.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Just doing some due diligence with my trip coming up soon, I am flying with Qatar and just found out that you have to fill in a separate declaration form as well as presenting your pcr test certificate at check in. Also they take both off you for their records, so taking multile copies of everything seems to be the way to go. @roomark I think you are flying Qatar too.

Cheers for that mate I had absolutely no idea about that , good job you mentioned it.

Do you have a link at all ? Thanks

Just having to re-apply for the Thailand Pass for me and my eldest son (who is 14) I could only get him in on the Sandbox (7 days PCR) but now the Prime Minister has said its ok for kids 12-18 with fully vaxxed parents , so he can do Test And Go too now (from 16th but can't re-apply till tomorrow) 

The bummer of it is I've already payed tje hotel 18.5k baht for a week, just tried to call but they said reservation open tomorrow so I sent a mail I hope they give some sort of a refund , but I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

Cheers for the info pal 

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Trip has just been cancelled to Prague for this weekend ....  rising covid numbers , "state of emergency" in CR , Christmas markets cancelled and all bars, clubs closed at 10pm ...full cash refund 

That's sad, I had a brilliant time there in September.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, roomark said:

Cheers mate much appreciated..

Jeez the forms I'm gonna have 🤣🤣🤣

I very nearly cancelled, but I'm balls deep in now so to speak haha

Gotta be better than winter here

I have a huge pile to sort through tomorrow to separate into individual folders and that's just for me. LOL

Escaping the winter here is my prime driver too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bob lt said:

That's odd, the form is dated July 2020 but I flew back with Qatar in September 2020 with no test required.

The form is required because thailand require a PCR test to enter, not Qatar.

At the moment a test is not required for return home so it won't be needed.

• Thumbs Up 1