What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

just finished putting some cranes into storm lock position due to the storm we're expecting (they have massive lengths of solid steel which is on a hand ratchet, so we line them up with holes in the ground and drop the pins in to stop them getting blown down the rails they sit on and smashing into each other) . Then lashed some stuff down which might decide to either topple over or disappear over the next few hours.

Soaking wet, covered in shit and looking forward to having a shower and a beer.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Do you now shout 'He's 2 metres behind you!'. 

Absolutely not, how sexist!

They, with a preferred pronoun of he/she/wheelie bin is behind you is the current correct terminology. 

Though that could've changed as well, i haven't caught up with today's Guardian yet ......................whisper it :matron:

My girlfriend and I are heading to York today for 4 nights, just about to set off from Suffolk.

She's sales manager at one of the large holiday companies, so she heads up the team that manage and sell space in various lodges, some of which are superb. This one in York is brilliant and we have the best lodge on the park for next to nothing . . 😁

We have our own private hot tub on the deck . . 😜 though it's going to be interesting getting from the lounge to the hot tub in a 1 degree temperature . . :default_527:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Painter said:

Thinking "is it really late November?"...... and wishing I'd put an extra coat on...

20211128_110641.jpg

Sucks donkey dick, indeed. Nice view though. Reminds me of Lake Michigan in winter. The cold wind would cut me in half. Didn't matter how many layers I had on. Bone chilling cold. Nowadays it would kill me.

We won tickets for Stick Man at Leicester Square theatre, so decided to make a day of it, soak up the Christmas atmosphere around the West End, London does it well. 

We went to the Christmas Market at Leicester Square, then the theatre, then to China Town and an absolutely superb Chinese restaurant, food was the best Chinese I have tasted, then off to Covent Garden, the huge Christmas tree, their Christmas Market etc.

An excellent day, even with it being very cold. Great to see the place buzzing with Christmas shoppers. 

All quiet next weekend, but then off to see my favourite The Snowman at the Peacock theatre near Holborn the weekend after. 

Booked tickets for the circus at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park for weekend after. 

Love London at Christmas. 

image.jpg

20211128_114308.jpg

image.jpg

20211128_110527.jpg

20211128_144050.jpg

image.jpg

20211128_121349.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

We won tickets for Stick Man at Leicester Square theatre, so decided to make a day of it, soak up the Christmas atmosphere around the West End, London does it well. 

We went to the Christmas Market at Leicester Square, then the theatre, then to China Town and an absolutely superb Chinese restaurant, food was the best Chinese I have tasted, then off to Covent Garden, the huge Christmas tree, their Christmas Market etc.

An excellent day, even with it being very cold. Great to see the place buzzing with Christmas shoppers. 

All quiet next weekend, but then off to see my favourite The Snowman at the Peacock theatre near Holborn the weekend after. 

Booked tickets for the circus at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park for weekend after. 

Love London at Christmas. 

image.jpg

20211128_114308.jpg

image.jpg

20211128_110527.jpg

20211128_144050.jpg

image.jpg

20211128_121349.jpg

This post brought some big smiles Krapow. Thank you !

Life is good, isn't it.

Woke up to a very heavy frost this morning, minus 1 with a real feel of minus 6. Bloody freezing here.   ( don't let @maipenrai read this, he will think it's still mild. LOL )

I am not normally still home this time of year and I can't wait to get to warmer climes. Looking a bit touch and go now with potential restrictions coming in because of the Moronic variant. Fingers crossed for a sensible reaction and not a full ban from countries with it.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Woke up to a very heavy frost this morning, minus 1 with a real feel of minus 6. Bloody freezing here.   ( don't let @maipenrai read this, he will think it's still mild. LOL )

I am not normally still home this time of year and I can't wait to get to warmer climes. Looking a bit touch and go now with potential restrictions coming in because of the Moronic variant. Fingers crossed for a sensible reaction and not a full ban from countries with it.

Frost? Think yourself lucky...

We had snow. SNOW, I tell ya! The locals told me we never experienced snow here before i moved here. I would put up a pic, but it's all gone now, apart from the roof of my car, which seems to have turned white. It's a black car...

• Surprised 3

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Frost? Think yourself lucky...

We had snow. SNOW, I tell ya! The locals told me we never experienced snow here before i moved here. I would put up a pic, but it's all gone now, apart from the roof of my car, which seems to have turned white. It's a black car...

Bet it's posh snow down there.

• Haha 5

I am hoping that I won't have to buy a new battery for my car. The starter turnover was slower than normal yesterday when I started her up. But she had been standing for a couple of days. Not cheap for a stop/start battery, plus another 30 quid to have it reprogrammed. 

Energy bills this year are going to be a lot higher and I have had my central heating on full blast for the last couple of weeks.