What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Helping my niece with Christmas decorations:

Untitled-1.png

The dog was irritated because its daytime bed was moved from its customary position at the center of the living room windows.  The dog loves to hang there and watch what's happening outdoors.  We can't put any presents under the tree until Christmas morning because the dog would tear them open.

Untitled-2.png

IMG_2016.png

IMG_2024.png

IMG_2025.png

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, we arrived late into Doha as expected and missed the connection. Qatar staff separated us and those on Phuket flight were given a new boarding pass for the same flight the following day. That's a 22ish hour wait in the departure lounge. We were instructed not to go through immigration and any problems would be sorted by customer service. 

As you can imagine the queue at CS was long and angry. Security was called to deal with some overly irate passengers. Eventually we got our turn and were told we would have to sleep wherever we could lie down in departure lounge. No hotel available for us. We did get a food allocation added to our boarding pass to be used in the food court.

By this time it was 5am, I decided to have a few beers to finish me off and then to make a bed on the floor. 4 others joined me in the bar. One of the lads had found an onsite sleep pod place, but was told it was full. 12.66 a pint of Bud is a bit stiff, but a very welcome wind down.

3 pints later and its 830am and I can hardly keep my eyes open. On the off-chance I checked on available of the pods because you rent them by the hour. Fortunately one was free, so I hired it for 8 hours. £100 well spent. Good night.

20211206_082355.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Well, we arrived late into Doha as expected and missed the connection. Qatar staff separated us and those on Phuket flight were given a new boarding pass for the same flight the following day. That's a 22ish hour wait in the departure lounge. We were instructed not to go through immigration and any problems would be sorted by customer service. 

As you can imagine the queue at CS was long and angry. Security was called to deal with some overly irate passengers. Eventually we got our turn and were told we would have to sleep wherever we could lie down in departure lounge. No hotel available for us. We did get a food allocation added to our boarding pass to be used in the food court.

By this time it was 5am, I decided to have a few beers to finish me off and then to make a bed on the floor. 4 others joined me in the bar. One of the lads had found an onsite sleep pod place, but was told it was full. 12.66 a pint of Bud is a bit stiff, but a very welcome wind down.

3 pints later and its 830am and I can hardly keep my eyes open. On the off-chance I checked on available of the pods because you rent them by the hour. Fortunately one was free, so I hired it for 8 hours. £100 well spent. Good night.

20211206_082355.jpg

Was waiting on this update!

Hope you messaged Pancake telling him don't fret, you're a little delayed, but you'll be there soon?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

20211206_082355.jpg

Any ideas why the big f**k up at lhr? I've been following your predicament on fakebook... some others on your flight have commented too... 

Hope the 2nd leg goes smoother

8 hours of bliss later and I am up and looking for food. The airport is very smart, so I started to take a few pictures of the shops, when security came running over to bollock me. I said they look so nice, what is the problem with a picture?

The reply was a stern "YOU CANNOT SIR".

OK, BIG smile, sorry and off quickly.

Entering the food court I was delighted to see a Burger King, all of the other food was alien to me and looked gross. Even better when told my food credit could be used. A Double Big Whopper meal it is then.

IMG_20211206_44542.jpg

IMG_20211206_37192.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

Any ideas why the big f**k up at lhr? I've been following your predicament on fakebook... some others on your flight have commented too... 

Hope the 2nd leg goes smoother

They were checking in two flights at the same time, guessing 500 plus people and the bag drop for online check in wasn't opened.  The time it was taking for each person was ridiculous,  I timed several at 12 to 15 minutes per passenger. My checking took around 3 minutes, but I had all paperwork at hand in a folder. As she asked for each, I passed it over, few seconds looking, then the next and so on. Nice and smooth,  but I was 4.5 hours getting to the desk. I had arrived nearly 4 hours early too! So I got checked in after the plane was due to leave. The crazy thing was that the people on the flight before us at 1400 were mixed in with us. Several behind me in the queue were telling staff they on 1400 flight, but all fell on deaf ears. 

• Surprised 2

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

@boydeste do you need to rebook your testing hotel in Phuket ? 

I Don't know mate, so am rocking up at the airport to find out. If I have to pay again,  then so be it. The hotel is aware and have changed my arrival date, also I have just booked another taxi. 

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, boydeste said:

8 hours of bliss later and I am up and looking for food. The airport is very smart, so I started to take a few pictures of the shops, when security came running over to bollock me. I said they look so nice, what is the problem with a picture?

The reply was a stern "YOU CANNOT SIR".

OK, BIG smile, sorry and off quickly.

Entering the food court I was delighted to see a Burger King, all of the other food was alien to me and looked gross. Even better when told my food credit could be used. A Double Big Whopper meal it is then.

IMG_20211206_44542.jpg

IMG_20211206_37192.jpg

I always do a Whopper at the airports for some reason...

Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey mate !

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I always do a Whopper at the airports for some reason...

Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey mate !

Thanks, before I had lounge access at Swampy, I always had a double Whopper meal to set me up for the flight home.

18 hours ago, boydeste said:

Eventually we got our turn and were told we would have to sleep wherever we could lie down in departure lounge. No hotel available for us

I'm gonna ask a stupid question now and I'm sorry if you have already mention it.

Were there no business class lounges open to grab a kip and free booze? It is just that this is my way of surviving a cabbage class flight and if they are closed I'm definitely not getting on a plane!

Just looking out the window at the bloody weather, pouring with rain but leaving soon to go to have a pub meal as celebrating 3 years married with the wife.

Going to enjoy myself even though I am a little bit envious of my mate (just got off the phone) who is getting excited for his trip on Singapore Airlines to Thailand on Thursday.

My meal will have to do but the Thai weather would be welcome right now.

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm gonna ask a stupid question now and I'm sorry if you have already mention it.

Were there no business class lounges open to grab a kip and free booze? It is just that this is my way of surviving a cabbage class flight and if they are closed I'm definitely not getting on a plane!

That's not something I considered,  do they have facilities to sleep in there?

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

That's not something I considered,  do they have facilities to sleep in there?

Some do. I used to use     https://www.loungebuddy.com/DOH?source=homepage where they normally list prices for access and facilities.

But just a brief look shows me that they are not currently open for advance booking. I wonder if they have "on the day walk in rates".

But for me getting pissed for free and eating above average food for free is worth the payment.

51 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Some do. I used to use     https://www.loungebuddy.com/DOH?source=homepage where they normally list prices for access and facilities.

But just a brief look shows me that they are not currently open for advance booking. I wonder if they have "on the day walk in rates".

But for me getting pissed for free and eating above average food for free is worth the payment.

The drinking wasn't an issue, my priority having travelled for 24 hours with no sleep was to put my head down somewhere comfortable. I know some of the lads paid to get into a lounge, but they got kicked out after 6 hours.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The drinking wasn't an issue, my priority having travelled for 24 hours with no sleep was to put my head down somewhere comfortable. I know some of the lads paid to get into a lounge, but they got kicked out after 6 hours.

Yep. That can be the problem depending on how you book and the facilities available in each lounge .... and of course what you need it for!

• Like 1