What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

The pcr is 72 hours from eticket flight time, they can take off late, it doesn't effect it. We left over 3 hours late and missed the connection. Qatar seem to be fucking this up daily. 

Stay strong and ride the wave mate.

Noticed the flight from Manchester is due to land at 0206 with a connection at 0220, pretty sure he won't be off his arriving flight before the Bangkok flight is scheduled to leave, 14 minutes isn't a great transit offering.

Andy (Thinking Allowed) was on the same flight with similar connection last Thursday and he left over an hour late but he did make the connection. Leaving 3 hours late though looks likely Roomark will be looking for another connection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

You will be OK mate. 

Im not sure I could manage the stress tbh. 

Enjoy your holiday 

I can't 🤣🤣

Currently sat in Doha ...

Missed the connecter which would have got us into BKK @ 12.40  they have put us on the next available flight which all being well arrives in BKK at 19.10 tonight.

Iv had to call the TestAndGo Hotel (on my English Sim) to tell them we are delayed they said it won't be a problem ..

I think the PCR will be good still like a few of you have said it's not my fault ..

No idea of the time U.K side now (or Thai) have been on the road since 8am this morning in U.K it's 0515 here in Doha 3 more hours till take off if no delays 🙈

To be continued 😆 ffs

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Noticed the flight from Manchester is due to land at 0206 with a connection at 0220, pretty sure he won't be off his arriving flight before the Bangkok flight is scheduled to leave, 14 minutes isn't a great transit offering.

Andy (Thinking Allowed) was on the same flight with similar connection last Thursday and he left over an hour late but he did make the connection. Leaving 3 hours late though looks likely Roomark will be looking for another connection.

Bingo 🙈😆

4 hours ago, roomark said:

I can't 🤣🤣

Missed the connecter which would have got us into BKK @ 12.40  they have put us on the next available flight which all being well arrives in BKK at 19.10 tonight.

Iv had to call the TestAndGo Hotel (on my English Sim) to tell them we are delayed they said it won't be a problem ..

I think the PCR will be good still like a few of you have said it's not my fault ..

No idea of the time U.K side now (or Thai) have been on the road since 8am this morning in U.K it's 0515 here in Doha 3 more hours till take off if no delays 🙈

To be continued 😆 ffs

Now that's one benefit of flying into bkk instead of Phuket, looks like there are several flights each day instead of just the one.

Meeting people at Cutty Sark pub in Greenwich before going to the O2 this evening. I have a ticket in the Corporate Hospitality area, to see Madness, supported by Squeeze

Not particularly a Madness fan, but ticket is complementary and includes food and drink apparently, maybe even rub shoulders with Suggs🙄

I am a bit nervous about going to one of the largest venues in London, during the rapid Covid spread and will probably leave about 40 minutes before the end to avoid a packed train journeys home on a Saturday night. 

Proof of Vaccine Pass required and face covering for the event. Don't mind that. 

Oh well,the way things are heading, may as well make the most of it, if plan C kicks in, in the NY. 

• Like 4

Been out treating myself to an early Christmas present 😃. went to Infinity Motorcycle discount warehouse in Camberley. Fancied a new helmet,my current one is about 7 years old. Got this one reduced from £140 to £70. Bargain!!.

Bloody freezing outside though 😳.

IMG_20211218_112600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

I got my booster jab yesterday in Pattaya and I've just booked in to a hotel in Sri Racha this afternoon.  The receptionist was amazed that someone could have two jabs elsewhere and a third in Thailand.  I think I was first to offer evidence of three.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KWA said:

I got my booster jab yesterday in Pattaya and I've just booked in to a hotel in Sri Racha this afternoon.  The receptionist was amazed that someone could have two jabs elsewhere and a third in Thailand.  I think I was first to offer evidence of three.

Was the booster Pfizer?

Just got back from up norff in Durham for an old RAF mates final send off.Had a good turnout of guys from his various postings - he did 22 years - and a lot of beer was consumed at the wake afterwards & I caught up with a couple of blokes that I hadn't seen since the 70's which was good.

We stayed at a place called Thai-Ger on the seafront in Seaham,it's a Thai restaurant with rooms upstairs.

Both the rooms & the grub(Thai dinner & English brekkies) were superb.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, roomark said:

I can't 🤣🤣

To be continued 😆 ffs

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine. 

He may have been on the same flight as you.. 

Hope you arrived safely and a long sleep should do the trick. Sounds like a real drag

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Meeting people at Cutty Sark pub in Greenwich before going to the O2 this evening. I have a ticket in the Corporate Hospitality area, to see Madness, supported by Squeeze

Not particularly a Madness fan, but ticket is complementary and includes food and drink apparently, maybe even rub shoulders with Suggs🙄

I am a bit nervous about going to one of the largest venues in London, during the rapid Covid spread and will probably leave about 40 minutes before the end to avoid a packed train journeys home on a Saturday night. 

Proof of Vaccine Pass required and face covering for the event. Don't mind that. 

Oh well,the way things are heading, may as well make the most of it, if plan C kicks in, in the NY. 

Had a great night and better than expected. Squeeze were brilliant and better than Madness. But I had to board a packed tube on the way there. 

We decided to leave half an hour before the end of the concert and glad we did so, to avoid the rush and packed underground carriages. A bit of a risk but better than sitting around at home. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just been sitting here working out what bridging finance is going to cost me when I go to house auction on Wednesday ( $1300 a week ) but Mrs rock thinks up stairs is very hiso and killer views out to porirua and the harbour and the 200sm workshop by the garage rocks my boat

• Surprised 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Have a great time !