What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been browsing hotels for NYE.

I am considering the possibility of acting like a normal human being for a few nights. So many places "sold out"! It looks like it will be busy in town over the weekend!!

We do the same when in Pattaya and have friends in town. The last 2 places we stayed at were Nature View and Zip hotels.

I have no hesitation recommending either of these 2 places.

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

We do the same when in Pattaya and have friends in town. The last 2 places we stayed at were Nature View and Zip hotels.

I have no hesitation recommending either of these 2 places.

Whenever my sons visit they have wanted Nature View but it was always fully booked, nowadays next door is a construction site.

I'll check out Zip hotel later.

Thanks

EDIT = Yep I know it....I'll check it out over the next couple of days.

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Whenever my sons visit they have wanted Nature View but it was always fully booked, nowadays next door is a construction site.

I'll check out Zip hotel later.

Thanks

Sutus Court might be worth a look. Google is showing rates in the 500B - 600B range (link). Friends have stayed there and given it high marks. The restaurant/bar is also one our favorite drinking places. Open and airy with a good view of the eye candy walking by on Buakhao. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking at booking flights to Thailand for summer 22.

Main priority is to have a flexible ticket offering cancellation with full refund, free changes and free seating.  At the moment the fully flexible economy fare on Finnair is looking good.

Will make my mind up with 48 hours.

Thai Airways and a few of the big boys are not offering any decent policies in the event of wanting to cancel or change flights without incurring big charges or getting back any money at all.

11 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been browsing hotels for NYE.

I am considering the possibility of acting like a normal human being for a few nights. So many places "sold out"! It looks like it will be busy in town over the weekend!!

A couple years ago I was over on Soi 13 hitting it hard on NYE. Folks were blowing off shit everywhere and of course you had the big stuff going on in the Bay.

I'm not very fond of explosions for various reasons, so during the more dramatic moments I felt safer inside, with a stiff drink in hand. My Thai friend came in and mumbled something about fireworks, I couldn't quite make it out and thought she was just excited about everything.

Later the next day I learned what she had in fact been saying....    Some guy a couple Soi's over on  13/2 somehow managed to blow his face off with some kind of thing. Killed him dead in the middle of the road. Dog awful way to celebrate IMO.

That was the first NYE I had gone out on for many many years. It will also likely be the last one for many more.

Enjoy yourself mate, but stay the f**k clear of the idiots blowing shit up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Later the next day I learned what she had in fact been saying....    Some guy a couple Soi's over on  13/2 somehow managed to blow his face off with some kind of thing. Killed him dead in the middle of the road. Dog awful way to celebrate IMO.

Yes mate, I remember that too. Outside "Little Hole" if I remember correctly.

I also have problems with explosions but unfortunately I also have problems going inside places for the same reason !!!

I am still waiting for a phone call that will swing my decision either way.

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, I remember that too. Outside "Little Hole" if I remember correctly.

I also have problems with explosions but unfortunately I also have problems going inside places for the same reason !!!

I am still waiting for a phone call that will swing my decision either way.

For weeks following that incident I would occassionally find myself cutting through on Soi 13/2 when suddenly I would recall that night. Not a pleasant memory.

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

For weeks following that incident I would occassionally find myself cutting through on Soi 13/2 when suddenly I would recall that night. Not a pleasant memory.

You've reminded me of an incident a few years ago too.

I woke up NYD with a massive shiner and what felt like a broken cheekbone. I just couldn't remember WTF happened !! As the day progressed little snippets of information made it through the drunken fog in my brain and slowly I remembered what it was.......

......It was way after midnight and I was staggering from bar to bar until I got to Yates on Soi 13/1. I just sat at one of the bench seats on the side with my beer chang. Then a Thai workman came out of the toilet area walking backwards carrying a long metal pole. It seemed to have got stuck somehow and he gave it a hard yank - without looking behind  - and before I could get out of the way it smacked me in the face !!!!

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

A couple years ago I was over on Soi 13 hitting it hard on NYE. Folks were blowing off shit everywhere and of course you had the big stuff going on in the Bay.

I'm not very fond of explosions for various reasons, so during the more dramatic moments I felt safer inside, with a stiff drink in hand. My Thai friend came in and mumbled something about fireworks, I couldn't quite make it out and thought she was just excited about everything.

That was the first NYE I had gone out on for many many years. It will also likely be the last one for many more.

Enjoy yourself mate, but stay the f**k clear of the idiots blowing shit up.

That was the English guy who was involved in Formula 1 in a technical time I recollect- very sad and believe he’s only just returned from the UK with his Thai wife to be who had just met his parents. 
I did see the video online if the incident and I can only imagine he must have been severely drunk to have done what he did 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AJSP said:

That was the English guy who was involved in Formula 1 in a technical time I recollect- very sad and believe he’s only just returned from the UK with his Thai wife to be who had just met his parents. 
I did see the video online if the incident and I can only imagine he must have been severely drunk to have done what he did 

I have vague memories of somebody else lighting it but it didn't go off so the chap in question picked it up to move it out of the way....

Very sad ....

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Is there something which makes it important to decide now? 

Just think it is a good time to book as I can not use a BA voucher I had so believe the fares now may be beneficial whereas they may be higher later on. The round trip fares range from £1500 to £2700 and for 2 adults and a child with specific dates over the school holidays it just may make sense to book now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AJSP said:

He had worked for Suzuki in the Grand Prix team as a data engineer. He went on to work for IRTA (International Road Racing Teams’ Association).

40 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I am dreaming about how good 2022 is going to be when I hit the $416 Million Dollar Powerball Lottery tonite LOL! 

I may actually go buy one today, when I hit the grocery store following my walk (absolutely beautiful here in North Carolina now).

If I win I'll pay for plane tickets (First Class even) for you and wifey when heading back to LOS.    lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Looking at booking flights to Thailand for summer 22.

Main priority is to have a flexible ticket offering cancellation with full refund, free changes and free seating.  At the moment the fully flexible economy fare on Finnair is looking good.

Will make my mind up with 48 hours.

Thai Airways and a few of the big boys are not offering any decent policies in the event of wanting to cancel or change flights without incurring big charges or getting back any money at all.

Yes i'm the same, and it's why i had booked BA, with their full flex ticket.

I don't do stop offs, though might have to change to get a full flex.

Gave up on the Feb trip to Thailand, as Omicron will drive numbers up there very soon, and as i've said for a while, i'm not in the least worried about this variant, and only worried about the Governments response to it, including Thailand.

Gonna book a very salubrious 5 star hotel in Side for Feb half term, lovely place, so much history which i love, and loads for kids in the hotel if weather not great, kid's club, trampolines, heated indoor and outdoor pools, on site playparks etc.

One thing this Covid debacle had taught me, live's for living, i want to get out exploring and enjoying as much as possible. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Yes i'm the same, and it's why i had booked BA, with their full flex ticket.

I don't do stop offs, though might have to change to get a full flex.

Gave up on the Feb trip to Thailand, as Omicron will drive numbers up there very soon, and as i've said for a while, i'm not in the least worried about this variant, and only worried about the Governments response to it, including Thailand.

Gonna book a very salubrious 5 star hotel in Side for Feb half term, lovely place, so much history which i love, and loads for kids in the hotel if weather not great, kid's club, trampolines, heated indoor and outdoor pools, on site playparks etc.

One thing this Covid debacle had taught me, live's for living, i want to get out exploring and enjoying as much as possible. 

Personally I certainly wouldn't write Thailand off especially if you bring your family down South it's well organised especially if it's still Sandbox by then . Apart from masks in shops it's not strict at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roomark said:

Personally I certainly wouldn't write Thailand off especially if you bring your family down South it's well organised especially if it's still Sandbox by then . Apart from masks in shops it's not strict at all.

I'm just writing it off for Feb, combination of everyone is gonna catch this variant so chances of a positive very high, and Thailand will bring in more stricter requirements as the numbers go up.

Thinking more of Spring/Summer now.

This just posted by Barrow 

Screenshot_20211227-232320_Facebook.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1