What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

17 minutes ago, Butch said:

Tilapia, plus a Bream?. looks great mate, enjoy.

I saw a snail driving a car really fast once, it had a big "S" painted on the side.

"Look at that "S" Car go my mate said...

badum tish. I'm available for weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs.

Dont give up your day job 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I wonder how much "self isolation" is proving very convenient?

My son-in-law has one of his mechanics off self isolating as both his parents had proved positive with covid. He then discovered that both the parents two days after testing positive had travelled up to Aberdeen to collect a car.

I know a household of filipino nurses who all tested + and have had to isolate. It's been a non stop party in that house since Xmas, and I've even been tasked with a resupply drop of Jack Daniels and tequila, which I'm still awaiting payment for, actually.

Basically they order Pizza from Domino's, booze from anyone ready willing and able and invite all and sundry to join in but remember to "socially distance".

Tonight being NYE, the Mrs has dropped round another 4 bottles of JD, 5 litres of coke, a case of Corona (oh, the irony) and 64 BBQ chicken wings which were cheap and going out of date at the Co op.

I didn't even get a bloody invite. Splitters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Butch said:

I know a household of filipino nurses who all tested + and have had to isolate. It's been a non stop party in that house since Xmas, and I've even been tasked with a resupply drop of Jack Daniels and tequila, which I'm still awaiting payment for, actually.

Basically they order Pizza from Domino's, booze from anyone ready willing and able and invite all and sundry to join in but remember to "socially distance".

Tonight being NYE, the Mrs has dropped round another 4 bottles of JD, 5 litres of coke, a case of Corona (oh, the irony) and 64 BBQ chicken wings which were cheap and going out of date at the Co op.

I didn't even get a bloody invite. Splitters.

Hell if you have to isolate you got to do it in style

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Butch said:

No worries mate, just remember piano wire is slightly harder to get hold of than nylon rope, but is much more effective. I can post you some if you get stuck. 😇

Believe it or not I once handled a case where a guy hung himself with piano wire. He was a "piano tuner" at the School of music. He did it in his basement workshop of the very old historic Music Building on campus.

The wire cut deep into his throat making a real mess of things.

I was pissed off because I was "on call" and got stuck coming in to work it. It was during one of the Championship games the Chicago Bulls were playing (fortunately there were several of those back then.

I kid you not.

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Believe it or not I once handled a case where a guy hung himself with piano wire. He was a "piano tuner" at the School of music. He did it in his basement workshop of the very old historic Music Building on campus.

The wire cut deep into his throat making a real mess of things.

I was pissed off because I was "on call" and got stuck coming in to work it. It was during one of the Championship games the Chicago Bulls were playing (fortunately there were several of those back then.

I kid you not.

Whatever you are getting paid it is not enough. :default_cry:

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 3:08 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm just back from my final 2 hour walk of 2021!

I bought my normal stash of Sato plus a bottle of Regency for an Old Fella that lives next door (and is the same age as me!) Plus loads of stuff for the neighbours' kids. Quite a weight to carry back for the last hour of the walk!

I decided that I'd rather spend money on my friends and neighbours than on a hotel in town. I just didn't see the point really and also I didn't want to run the risk of being caught by the virus plague that is ruining Pattaya's nightlife..... YT Vloggers....

They seem to be more prevalent than covid these days...

Not wanting to stray too off topic, but I could well do without my boat race being plastered all over Youtube while stepping out of somewhere like Pandoras when in town. It'll be my luck I use Boyztown as a short cut and some wanker is there filming everything...

If only "Kev in Thailand" and Geoff Carter had any idea what they would start.

Just about to give the cars a once over, tidy the house and prepare for more visitors this afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

They seem to be more prevalent than covid these days...

Not wanting to stray too off topic, but I could well do without my boat race being plastered all over Youtube while stepping out of somewhere like Pandoras when in town. It'll be my luck I use Boyztown as a short cut and some wanker is there filming everything...

If only "Kev in Thailand" and Geoff Carter had any idea what they would start.

Just about to give the cars a once over, tidy the house and prepare for more visitors this afternoon.

I have some footage of you leaving the Castle in 3rd Road looking rather worse for wear.  I am sure that we can reach some financial settlement  to keep it off of Social Media 😊😊

• Haha 6

Laughing at @fforest

Everything is a conspiracy, like literally everything in life that happens is not what it seems, and is part of a conspiracy, everything!  Even Piers Corbyn the conspiracist is actually part of a bigger conspiracy!

Imagine being so detached and unhinged from reality that you have to live in parallel universe absolutely full to the brim of crisis actors, agent provocateurs and the like.  Goodness me there must be literally millions of them, millions, and strangely enough, none have ever been exposed as such or spoken out. Maybe they were all killed to silence them, but wait a minute, would the killers then not have to be killed, oh wait, then they would have to be killed as well, and then they would have to be killed, and then ...:default_1087:

And then again, what if Forest is actually a crisis actor or agent provocateur, sent by the world overlords and lizard people to distract us on this forum from the real fiendishly unknown conspiracy, and trying to get us to believe in the conspiracy he's been told to post about on here :default_blink: 

I mean the possibilities are endless, though i'd hazard a guess that a monthly antpsychotic depot injection might limit the possibilities a bit. Even in my maddest magic mushroom trip, it doesn't even touch the sides of what must go on inside some people's heads ............................thankfully TBH 

• Haha 2

Sitting here alone and having a discussion with myself about whether or not to postpone my Feb - Mar visit to thailand. I was planning on a month there but that looks like a non starter unless I go to Phuket first and do the week there and then head over to Pattaya.

I'm desperately trying to convince myself that Phuket wouldn't be to bad an option for a week but I'm losing that battle.

3 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Sitting here alone and having a discussion with myself about whether or not to postpone my Feb - Mar visit to thailand. I was planning on a month there but that looks like a non starter unless I go to Phuket first and do the week there and then head over to Pattaya.

I'm desperately trying to convince myself that Phuket wouldn't be to bad an option for a week but I'm losing that battle.

Wait for a week before deciding anything, think the Thais are due to review the current procedures in a few days ( 4th Jan iirc ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Wait for a week before deciding anything, think the Thais are due to review the current procedures in a few days ( 4th Jan iirc ) 

Yeah that's something I'm waiting for but I honestly can't see them relaxing it again hence why I'm thinking Phuket. Just been looking at the SHA hotels in Phuket ! 

14 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I have been here a month so far (Patong) and have no desire to go anywhere else right now. 

Come and enjoy!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have been here a month so far (Patong) and have no desire to go anywhere else right now. 

Come and enjoy!

Have you been down south before mate?

Thoughts v Patts?

I’m firmly in the south camp now, I think it’s better for an all round holiday even if it is a bit more expensive. Next time I’m over I’m going to hit some of the islands in the very far south like Koh Lipe and Koh Mook, the former actually has a beach called Pattaya beach lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Come and enjoy!

Just looked at insurance too and that was a pleasant surprise. Singapore want another 150 quid to go to Phuket rather than Bangkok but flights from Phuket to Bangkok look dirt cheap.

I'll carry on looking at things but whereas before Phuket didn't appeal in the slightest now it's starting to look like a possibility ?? Let's see what happens on the 4th ??

12 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Yeah that's something I'm waiting for but I honestly can't see them relaxing it again hence why I'm thinking Phuket. Just been looking at the SHA hotels in Phuket ! 

Boydeste may have a recommendation

I stayed here last trip , was guest friendly and staggering distance from Bangla 

https://www.rmarresortandspa.com

9 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Have you been down south before mate?

Thoughts v Patts?

I’m firmly in the south camp now, I think it’s better for an all round holiday even if it is a bit more expensive. Next time I’m over I’m going to hit some of the islands in the very far south like Koh Lipe and Koh Mook, the former actually has a beach called Pattaya beach lol.

First time for me mate, I haven't found it expensive,  but Phuket right now isn't the Phuket pre covid. It's relatively quiet by comparison. All the beautiful locations can be visited without the usual mass tourist. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

On booking.com 

33D61692-FCAE-4A0F-BAEA-971C06A2506B.jpeg

I was looking here https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/phuket-sandbox-hotels and couldn't find it ? Thanks for the info and I'll have to have a really thorough search through things and decide what I'm going to do after the 4th Jan announcement. Can't do much more until after that plus it's back to work for me tomorrow so I won't have a lot of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

First time for me mate, I haven't found it expensive,  but Phuket right now isn't the Phuket pre covid. It's relatively quiet by comparison. All the beautiful locations can be visited without the usual mass tourist. 

In normal times most stuff like hotels/food/drink/entertainment is probably 20-50% more expensive than patters. Of course it’s all still relatively cheap as its Thailand. The only real rip off thing down there is the short tuk tuk rides around which can be annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I was looking here https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/phuket-sandbox-hotels and couldn't find it ? Thanks for the info and I'll have to have a really thorough search through things and decide what I'm going to do after the 4th Jan announcement. Can't do much more until after that plus it's back to work for me tomorrow so I won't have a lot of time.

That's not an official site , I just googled and there are several sites like this with "official sounding" names , but I think they are all getting commissions for taking the bookings 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

In normal times most stuff like hotels/food/drink/entertainment is probably 20-50% more expensive than patters. Of course it’s all still relatively cheap as its Thailand. The only real rip off thing down there is the short tuk tuk rides around which can be annoying.

Plus a lot of hotels charge a joiners fee , always worth emailing before booking a hotel in Phuket to see if they have extra charges 

Just now, Stillearly said:

Plus a lot of hotels charge a joiners fee , always worth emailing before booking a hotel in Phuket to see if they have extra charges 

Yeah, you can pretty much Google a list of them tbh, there are a few sites that list them.

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I know just how you feel mate 

• Thumbs Up 1