What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Can be brutal, that's for sure. Overall the periods of cooler weather up there are longer and more pleasant. I can remember blasts of wind off the water that felt like a furnace Also the mountains offer a great opportunity for things to do, and a different atmosphere./environment. I like different aspects of both. While for others - different strokes for different folks. 

Bottom line... I really like the place and it fits what I am looking for. Took me a long time to find that and it is a real good feeling. 

That's great - once you get settled and life returns to relative normal, I'll get up there and visit you sometime...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

That's great - once you get settled and life returns to relative normal, I'll get up there and visit you sometime...

Sounds like a plan.... I do a lot of walking and exploring, eating, not much mongering anymore. But every once in a while something nice may present itself. 

I plan to bop off to Pattaya or Bangkok every two or three months for a week of festivities. But now a days you never know what is on the agenda. Just getting there (CM), getting that O stamped in my passport and sitting on my balcony will be a thrill for me. 

I guess I'm getting old.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Sounds like a plan.... I do a lot of walking and exploring, eating, not much mongering anymore. But every once in a while something nice may present itself. 

I plan to bop off to Pattaya or Bangkok every two or three months for a week of festivities. But now a days you never know what is on the agenda. Just getting there (CM), getting that O stamped in my passport and sitting on my balcony will be a thrill for me. 

I guess I'm getting old.

I like CM too and spent a month of my last holiday there too as you know.  We are all getting older and as such look for different things in our life, nothing wrong with that mate. Being able to fulfill our needs and embrace it is where it is at methinks. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I like CM too and spent a month of my last holiday there too as you know.  We are all getting older and as such look for different things in our life, nothing wrong with that mate. Being able to fulfill our needs and embrace it is where it is at methinks. 

As much as we hate to admit it, time and age catches up with us. We all like to think we can be young forever and party every night on holiday like we did in the past, but your body can't take it, plus you out grow it anyway. 

Chasing brasses round Pattaya just don't hold no appeal for me anymore, so any future trips to Thailand would be all about sight seeing and visiting places I never got around to before because I was too wrapped up in the Pattaya scene. 

Never been to Chang Mai so would like to go there, also Krabi. Hard to believe it's 7 years next month since I last flew to Thailand, last week in February for a 3 week trip. Time just flies by. With having as much free time as I want coming up this time in March, a holiday is definitely part of my plan. Whether it's Thailand though depends on the virus and quarantine situation. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

As much as we hate to admit it, time and age catches up with us. We all like to think we can be young forever and party every night on holiday like we did in the past, but your body can't take it, plus you out grow it anyway. 

Chasing brasses round Pattaya just don't hold no appeal for me anymore, so any future trips to Thailand would be all about sight seeing and visiting places I never got around to before because I was too wrapped up in the Pattaya scene. 

Never been to Chang Mai so would like to go there, also Krabi. Hard to believe it's 7 years next month since I last flew to Thailand, last week in February for a 3 week trip. Time just flies by. With having as much free time as I want coming up this time in March, a holiday is definitely part of my plan. Whether it's Thailand though depends on the virus and quarantine situation. 

Good luck with that mate, hope it works out you can get out here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Good luck with that mate, hope it works out you can get out here.

Cheers mate, be nice to see some of my old mates again if any of you were about. Initially I was leaning towards Spain and Portugal for a couple of weeks, but been chatting with a mate at work who used to go to Pattaya when he was single, and reminiscing about previous trips we've had has perked my interest again. Especially now I ain't gonna have to worry about dates, length of visits etc. 

Don't help that he's pushing me into going for a long time. 🤣

Got to say, have been considering getting a visa and an open ticket. And with not drinking my overall spending would be far lower than before, so money would go much further. 

Got 2 months to wait as I wouldn't book any travel anywhere yet until there is more certainty over travel restrictions being Increased. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

👍

It took me 62 years, and now pretty much one last big step to get there, Dog willing...   🤞🙏

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Cheers mate, be nice to see some of my old mates again if any of you were about. Initially I was leaning towards Spain and Portugal for a couple of weeks, but been chatting with a mate at work who used to go to Pattaya when he was single, and reminiscing about previous trips we've had has perked my interest again. Especially now I ain't gonna have to worry about dates, length of visits etc. 

Don't help that he's pushing me into going for a long time. 🤣

Got to say, have been considering getting a visa and an open ticket. And with not drinking my overall spending would be far lower than before, so money would go much further. 

Got 2 months to wait as I wouldn't book any travel anywhere yet until there is more certainty over travel restrictions being Increased. 

Having that open calendar gives you a completely different perspective and a frame of mind that enables you to open up and see things in so many different ways. Adds a real positivity to the experiences and opens up the ability to learn to new levels.

There are of course the unexpected challenges that arise from time to time, but you learn to accept them as a challenge and learning experience that you may not have planned for. Adds to the enjoyment of things in some ways, and builds self confidence in knowing that you can overcome any obstical which helps you as you turn down the next road. Things become a new learning experience, not just another form of anxiety.

You have come a long way in making your life better Gal, I admire you for the things you have done and actually look to you as sort of an inspiration in how one can go about making positive changes in their life. I look forward to seeing you again one day in the future. Chiang Mai has some incredible vegan places that I am sure you will enjoy.

Cheers !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Having that open calendar gives you a completely different perspective and a frame of mind that enables you to open up and see things in so many different ways. Adds a real positivity to the experiences and opens up the ability to learn to new levels.

There are of course the unexpected challenges that arise from time to time, but you learn to accept them as a challenge and learning experience that you may not have planned for. Adds to the enjoyment of things in some ways, and builds self confidence in knowing that you can overcome any obstical which helps you as you turn down the next road. Things become a new learning experience, not just another form of anxiety.

You have come a long way in making your life better Gal, I admire you for the things you have done and actually look to you as sort of an inspiration in how one can go about making positive changes in their life. I look forward to seeing you again one day in the future. Chiang Mai has some incredible vegan places that I am sure you will enjoy.

Cheers !

Thanks mate 😊

Last time I had a long trip to Thailand was 20 years ago, when I was there just under a year. Never had any plans, just bought a one way ticket back then. Had a 6 months visa and extended it as I went.

So, we'll see how the travel situation goes and take it from there.

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Thanks mate 😊

Last time I had a long trip to Thailand was 20 years ago, when I was there just under a year. Never had any plans, just bought a one way ticket back then. Had a 6 months visa and extended it as I went.

So, we'll see how the travel situation goes and take it from there.

I don't know how you feel about temples and such. But, Angkor Wat is a fascinating place and Siem Reap a wonderful town. Easy for a  3-4 day visit and something you will never forget. I plan on spending a lot more time there in the future. They even have a good entertainment area if you were to get a hankering. Transportation at your doorstep which takes you just about anywhere for $1 or 2, lovely people and many of them speak very good English. Wonderful people with great food options.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I don't know how you feel about temples and such. But, Angkor Wat is a fascinating place and Siem Reap a wonderful town. Easy for a  3-4 day visit and something you will never forget. I plan on spending a lot more time there in the future. They even have a good entertainment area if you were to get a hankering. Transportation at your doorstep which takes you just about anywhere for $1 or 2, lovely people and many of them speak very good English. Wonderful people with great food options.

Went there before in 2013 I think it was. Loved it there,Siam Reap is such a nice place. Would recommend it to anyone.

58 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I have only been the one time to Angkor Wat and I am glad I did however its was over 40c that day and it was brutal.

We are all getting older and have to make adjustments accordingly.

Last year was not good for most of us as a direct or indirect result of covid and a really bad one for me personally for all sorts of reasons including my health. Some 18 months or so ago I was power walking round the track of a sports stadium and cycling every day. Now I struggle to walk 15 minutes each way to the local ALDI store.

Well, particularly I struggle on the way  back which is mostly up hill. 😄

I am self isolating again as my grandson tested positive to a lateral flow test yesterday. He is having a PCR test today and I spent several hours with him on Friday. His symptoms are no worse than a cold with a cough. I have no symptoms, had a booster last Tuesday and so far my lateral flow tests have been negative. Fortunately, I have an unopened bottle of Morgan's Spiced and a large  Pepsi Max so no need to panic yet.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I have only been the one time to Angkor Wat and I am glad I did however its was over 40c that day and it was brutal.

We are all getting older and have to make adjustments accordingly.

Last year was not good for most of us as a direct or indirect result of covid and a really bad one for me personally for all sorts of reasons including my health. Some 18 months or so ago I was power walking round the track of a sports stadium and cycling every day. Now I struggle to walk 15 minutes each way to the local ALDI store.

Well, particularly I struggle on the way  back which is mostly up hill. 😄

I am self isolating again as my grandson tested positive to a lateral flow test yesterday. He is having a PCR test today and I spent several hours with him on Friday. His symptoms are no worse than a cold with a cough. I have no symptoms, had a booster last Tuesday and so far my lateral flow tests have been negative. Fortunately, I have an unopened bottle of Morgan's Spiced and a large  Pepsi Max so no need to panic yet.

All the best regarding your health mate, can't say I'm looking forward to getting old. 😀

Yeah, it was similar when I was there, about 40c,was in May. Up and down those fucking steps nearly killed me, was overweight, half pissed, and sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market!. 🤣

Bloody loved it, did a trip report on Secrets when I got back. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yes, I can remember a couple days when you could see the smoke rolling down the streets like thick fog. Barely a sole in sight, middle of the day.+

CM was one of my favorite places to visit in the 80's and early 90's.  I always thought I'd retire there someday.  I loved going to Wat Doi Suthep and looking down on the city. Then the smoke got so bad you couldn't do that anymore during the time I travelled, and I met a girl from somewhere else who became TW.  I haven't been back for a while, when things normalize a bit maybe we'll do a trip there.

• Like 2

I've really enjoyed reading the last bunch of posts regarding each individual's thoughts on what is important in their future and how they plan to achieve it.

I'm extremely happy with my simple existence here with my cat, friends and neighbours. I have stopped searching for what makes me happy because I have already found it.

My past still lurks under the surface though and a simple activity like reading about burnt sausages can make it feel like I have been punched in the stomach. The good thing nowadays is that I recover quite quickly and it is over in an instant.

Live Long and Prosper!

Peace and Long Life!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Would be a totally different trip for you now, different perspective on everything.

I'd really encourage you do it Gal, you'll not regret it, that's a fact!

It's like not having your trip and life in general ruled by alcohol and the Pattaya drinking and shagging scene, lets you see there is so, so much more to see and do, loads interesting things.

Would be a completely different experience for you  now mate, you're able to take so much more in, appreciate so much more. 

Just do it!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Would be a totally different trip for you now, different perspective on everything.

I'd really encourage you do it Gal, you'll not regret it, that's a fact!

It's like not having your trip and life in general ruled by alcohol and the Pattaya drinking and shagging scene, lets you see there is so, so much more to see and do, loads interesting things.

Would be a completely different experience for you  now mate, you're able to take so much more in, appreciate so much more. 

Just do it!

Yeah,it would be different in that it wouldn't revolve around the next bar and drink. I could actually appreciate the place more, rather than slogging round the same bars every day.

The amount of times I've planned side trips and then half the time not ended up going. Always regret it when I get back but at the time you didn't care.

The ones I did I always ended up enjoying, especially the ones up North to places like Korat.

And now I'm not getting any younger I don't want time to pass by and not have the chance and money to do it in the future.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Yeah,it would be different in that it wouldn't revolve around the next bar and drink. I could actually appreciate the place more, rather than slogging round the same bars every day.

The amount of times I've planned side trips and then half the time not ended up going. Always regret it when I get back but at the time you didn't care.

The ones I did I always ended up enjoying, especially the ones up North to places like Korat.

And now I'm not getting any younger I don't want time to pass by and not have the chance and money to do it in the future.

Buriram City and Province is great also. I will be surely going back there at some point. They also have a very nice airport and a 20 minute ride into the main city. As you probably know a famous stadium and race track. Could be heaven on Earth for you. I reckon you may have been there before. If not, get your arse in gear brother.... lol

• Thumbs Up 1

My Grandson's PCR test result came through this morning as positive although similar tests for his Mum and Dad were both negative.

I have been doing daily lateral flow tests since Saturday which have been negative and may they remain so.

Morgan's symptoms are no worse than a mild cold.

All the adults who have been in contact with him, including me, have received recent booster vaccinations so hoping for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just found out that Chumpoo from NWG is in jail for stealing 300,000 baht.

I am shocked to hear that a person that I would happily give my ATM card and PIN to (I didn't!) has stolen money.

I remember the grubby NWG "feeding of the poor" handouts with other people's money where she was filmed at the time handing over bundles of cash to various charities .At the time I said elsewhere that I hoped that she wasn't "set-up".

She isn't a bright person...In some Western societies she may be termed "special" ...

Anybody know what happened ??

I don't know her, never met her.

I would reckon a good Thai lawyer may be able to assist her. They are relatively cheap compared to Western lawyers. 

I'd also reckon that she probably can't afford one. Maybe there are folks who knew/know her who could "chip in" and help.

Best wishes to her. Times are tough and there are a lot of shitbags out there who take advantage of people like her, and also are using the current circumstances to their advantage.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The last time I saw her was probably about 6 months ago over a coffee and we discussed things like Bryan and NWG.

Regarding your idea of getting a Thai lawyer:- I wish to express that I, in no way, infer that NWG Managers are "shitbags" that would ever pocket charitable donations to cover their "hourly rate" time and expenses. It is important for all of us to understand that these are difficult times and  I think that NWG are magnificent in their self sacrifice to support those hardest hit by this crisis!

Just for clarification ----   I was only speaking of her, not inferring anything about NWG (actually I don't even know what that is).

All I am saying is that when a poor person gets in a legal jam they often don't have access to reasonable counsel. They are pretty much "up a river" without it.... whatever the case may be. It's about the only thing that can realistically help her.

Best o luck.    I really have nothing else to say about it.

• Thumbs Up 1