What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

The second morning after my moderna booster and I still feel knackered.

A real effort to do much although not as bad as yesterday. It didn't help that I went to bed really early yesterday and then woke up early this morning with a head ache and could not get back to sleep.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Stillearly said:

He only drinks in the Ice Bar on WS for the first two weeks ... with the occasional visit to "Nice with Ice" on Soi Post Office .... 😉😉😉 

Actually I take the heat very well - years of working outside in every kind of temperature have conditioned me for anything, and I used to love walking around Pattaya in the afternoon heat - with appropriate pit stops here and there for refreshment and entertainment, of course. 

So two days ago I am out in the yard finishing up some snow clearing by hand and I barely hear my neighbour's wife screaming at me for help - I look over next door and she is waving her arms around frantically and yelling something about the roof coming down on her husband. I jump in my pickup and drive around to their yard and it seems that buddy was buggering around with the snow on his patio and the snow pack on his metal roof above (without snow brakes, I might add) let go and knocked him off the patio and into the deep snow on the ground below. He's a big boy and not in good physical shape from lifestyle and serious injuries long ago and he is squealing like a baby, "get me out of here, get me out of here!" Well, I get him calmed down and dug out and on to his feet pretty easily but it's clear he has been injured, with considerable pain in his hip and we get him into the house okay and I go back to finish my snow clearing and then head for the pub. I receive my first beer and my phone rings, and it's buddy now asking for a ride to the hospital to get checked out. *Sigh* I down my beer and head back to pick him up, and he slowly manages to get out of the house and into the truck so I'm pretty sure nothing is broken but he is in some pain and yelps whenever we hit rough spots in the packed snow on the roads. When I drop him off he tells me I may as well go as we don't know how long it will take him to get attention - we've both heard horror stories of how long it takes to be seen in Emergency these days due to various Covid effects so I get him into the building okay and head off to the pub again. Yesterday I called him around noon and his wife answered and informed me that it had taken them seven hours to check him out the night before - thankfully he just has pulled muscles in his groin and a bruised hip. Ironically, the same roof area had let go several years ago, wiping out the patio rail which he had never replaced - probably a good thing because if the rail had still been there he may well have broken something with the weight of that snow knocking him against it. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Actually I take the heat very well - years of working outside in every kind of temperature have conditioned me for anything, and I used to love walking around Pattaya in the afternoon heat - with appropriate pit stops here and there for refreshment and entertainment, of course. 

So two days ago I am out in the yard finishing up some snow clearing by hand and I barely hear my neighbour's wife screaming at me for help - I look over next door and she is waving her arms around frantically and yelling something about the roof coming down on her husband. I jump in my pickup and drive around to their yard and it seems that buddy was buggering around with the snow on his patio and the snow pack on his metal roof above (without snow brakes, I might add) let go and knocked him off the patio and into the deep snow on the ground below. He's a big boy and not in good physical shape from lifestyle and serious injuries long ago and he is squealing like a baby, "get me out of here, get me out of here!" Well, I get him calmed down and dug out and on to his feet pretty easily but it's clear he has been injured, with considerable pain in his hip and we get him into the house okay and I go back to finish my snow clearing and then head for the pub. I receive my first beer and my phone rings, and it's buddy now asking for a ride to the hospital to get checked out. *Sigh* I down my beer and head back to pick him up, and he slowly manages to get out of the house and into the truck so I'm pretty sure nothing is broken but he is in some pain and yelps whenever we hit rough spots in the packed snow on the roads. When I drop him off he tells me I may as well go as we don't know how long it will take him to get attention - we've both heard horror stories of how long it takes to be seen in Emergency these days due to various Covid effects so I get him into the building okay and head off to the pub again. Yesterday I called him around noon and his wife answered and informed me that it had taken them seven hours to check him out the night before - thankfully he just has pulled muscles in his groin and a bruised hip. Ironically, the same roof area had let go several years ago, wiping out the patio rail which he had never replaced - probably a good thing because if the rail had still been there he may well have broken something with the weight of that snow knocking him against it. 

Gold star for you Gord, Top notch !

Yeah, a bruised hip can hurt like f**k. He'll be down and out for a few days. Probably a good thing for you..... lol

I am sitting here, with a  tall glass of White Russian and pondering what to do with my life. I am not short of money, and have lots of time on my hands (too much) and all I need really, but the only thing I want right now is a holiday and complete change of scenery and surroundings.

But that is looking less likely by the day and options seem to be running out.

Cant use my BA Concession as they are not flying to Thailand any day soon and I can only fly with a designated person who has no wish to fly anywhere but Thailand. anywhere .

Test and Go currently suspended too. Maybe if the Sandbox continues, I shall return to my old stomping ground, Phuket. I bet it has changed a lot since I was last there. 

I am suffering from cabin fever. I nearly packed a bag yesterday with the idea of just jumping in my car and heading as far south as possible. But then abandoned the idea, considering what I would do when I got there 

I may take a trip up to Scotland in the New Year to visit friends that I have not seen for a whole. Maybe the next best thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I can only fly with a designated person who has no wish to fly anywhere but Thailand. anywhere .

Not sure I understand what you mean here ? 

I'm gagging for a trip away to , already have two trips to Spain booked for the summer , but want some Winter sun .. and fun 

Hopefully will get back to LOS in February/March 🤞

Edited by Stillearly

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm gagging for a trip away to , already have two trips to Spain booked for the summer , but want some Winter sun .. and fun 

I am on a friend's Concession for 6 months and can fly Club Class for about £220 to BKK return and that is what we had planned for the NY. But I can only fly with him on Staff Concessions. 

It's not the money though. I just don't think I could stomach 7 or 10 days quarantine. I am not optimistic that the Thai government  will resume the 1 day Test and Go after January 4th during the latest variant surge of Covid. 

With France and Spain beginning to shut its doors to UK due to Omicron, the next few weeks are going to be very uncertain. 

Maybe Feb/March, things may have changed for the better and I shall take any flight available to Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

@Nightcrawler
Can BA staff use codeshare airlines like Qatar for the concession flights? 

fingers crossed for all of us travel will be better in 2022 🤞

Yes, but there is a baggage issue when not flying direct. But apparently slightly more complicated than just that. . He has checked out all the angles, even via Hong Kong and Finland. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

46 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am on a friend's Concession for 6 months and can fly Club Class for about £220 to BKK return and that is what we had planned for the NY. But I can only fly with him on Staff Concessions. 

It's not the money though. I just don't think I could stomach 7 or 10 days quarantine. I am not optimistic that the Thai government  will resume the 1 day Test and Go after January 4th during the latest variant surge of Covid. 

With France and Spain beginning to shut its doors to UK due to Omicron, the next few weeks are going to be very uncertain. 

Maybe Feb/March, things may have changed for the better and I shall take any flight available to Thailand. 

Like you two, I want some sun. And I'd love to see a certain young lady who I havent seen for almost 2 years. And, I have a test and go thai pass for a (now cancelled) flight on January 15th.

As I understand it I can still use that test and go thai pass on a different airline on that day, or upto 72 hours afterwards.

My issue is what will happen covid wise between now and then, both here and there. I'm not fussed if the bars are shut, as long as there's food to be had, and I can get out for a walk or two daily.

I'm waiting for the outcome of the thai govt meeting on January 4th before even looking at flights, incase I get tempted again and hit the book button too soon...

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Thank you for your sound advice on the best way to hang myself 😄

No worries mate, just remember piano wire is slightly harder to get hold of than nylon rope, but is much more effective. I can post you some if you get stuck. 😇

• Haha 1

I'm just back from my final 2 hour walk of 2021!

I bought my normal stash of Sato plus a bottle of Regency for an Old Fella that lives next door (and is the same age as me!) Plus loads of stuff for the neighbours' kids. Quite a weight to carry back for the last hour of the walk!

I decided that I'd rather spend money on my friends and neighbours than on a hotel in town. I just didn't see the point really and also I didn't want to run the risk of being caught by the virus plague that is ruining Pattaya's nightlife..... YT Vloggers....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Thank you for your sound advice on the best way to hang myself 😄

The problem with flying anywhere now and for weeks ahead is that however vaccinated one is there is always the danger of catching Omicron at one's destination, ending up in isolation or not being able to get back if they flinch in the UK and move the goalposts yet again.

Our pre-Xmas trip to the Canaries was enjoyable, up to a point, but stressful because several families in our Hotel were in an additional 10 day self isolation having had at least one family member fail their pre-departure antigen test. It just meant we decided to avoid the center of town which had the clubs and live music and naturally gets crowded.

I know several people who have gone down with covid after having had two vaccinations and the couple who would normally be sitting next to me at the Hearts both caught covid and they had received an additional booster.

By the way I would wait before considering visiting Scotland currently experiencing daily records for new positive cases despite well on the way to getting most folk with boosters by the end of next month. So efficient in the various vaccination centers. The one I went to earlier this week must have had twenty or more staff giving vaccinations. In and out in less than 20 minutes.

Too much monkey business with big pharma making a fortune.

• Great Info 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Sitting on my arse at work waiting for 10.00. Total waste of time working this week,done pretty much nothing. Half day today and not done a stroke 🤣

Was hoping to test positive on Wednesday morning so I could have the week off.🤣

I wonder how much "self isolation" is proving very convenient?

My son-in-law has one of his mechanics off self isolating as both his parents had proved positive with covid. He then discovered that both the parents two days after testing positive had travelled up to Aberdeen to collect a car.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

They canceled the party on the beach here, so no concert before midnight.  The barges were already loaded with the fireworks, so the show went on.  Our home is a little under 900m from the shore, so we got a good show from our daughter's bedroom window.  She had asked to be woken up for it anyway.

Welcome 2022, be better than the last two years!

• Like 1

Tilapia, plus a Bream?. looks great mate, enjoy.

I saw a snail driving a car really fast once, it had a big "S" painted on the side.

"Look at that "S" Car go my mate said...

badum tish. I'm available for weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1