What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm just writing it off for Feb, combination of everyone is gonna catch this variant so chances of a positive very high, and Thailand will bring in more stricter requirements as the numbers go up.

Thinking more of Spring/Summer now.

This just posted by Barrow 

Screenshot_20211227-232320_Facebook.jpg

Had a good night out last night and now waking up with my first cup of coffee and reading the latest bad news. Can't wait for this shit to end so I can start my day proper with good news.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

How much are LDs in that area ? they were getting pretty silly on Bangla , when I was last there , 200 Baht a go 

I haven't bought any there, had company rock up at 10 so ducked home early and left my mate to it.

Prices as Mark said previously. 

In Sea Pearl bars they are 170b. 

Edited by boydeste

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I haven't bought any there, had company rock up at 10 so ducked home early and left my mate to it.

As Mark said previously. 

In Sea Pearl bars they are 170b. 

Oh my…..well with a decent financial advisor and a little luck, maybe I will be able to afford the generosity of buying a LD again someday 

Not for the first time, I am feeling inferior. This time to the owners of Friendship. 

This morning I laughed at the sign near checkout saying "These products are brickle" .... because obviously they meant to write "brittle" right ..??

It turns out that "brickle" is a 13th century word meaning "brittle"

Oh the shame!..The Shame !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, AJSP said:

That was the English guy who was involved in Formula 1 in a technical time I recollect- very sad and believe he’s only just returned from the UK with his Thai wife to be who had just met his parents. 
I did see the video online if the incident and I can only imagine he must have been severely drunk to have done what he did 

I had to look this up, as I had never heard about it. What a way to go, poor bugger….As they often joke about on TV, “call CNN, you can’t make this s—t up….Guy’s name was McLaren to boot

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1826879/briton-killed-by-exploding-firework-in-pattaya

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm just writing it off for Feb, combination of everyone is gonna catch this variant so chances of a positive very high, and Thailand will bring in more stricter requirements as the numbers go up.

Thinking more of Spring/Summer now.

This just posted by Barrow 

Screenshot_20211227-232320_Facebook.jpg

Mach or even as late as June for me. But, honestly I'd be there now if I could. I just want to get back to my new home.

• Like 2

Can't sleep, a bit of a chesty cough which I have had for over 2 weeks but another lateral flow says negative. Just watching early morning TV and having a lovely cuppa.

Was just checking how much I drunk over the Christmas weekend and it was 1 beer and 1 bottle of wine which is pretty pathetic considering I bought a box of Green King beers which hasn't been opened yet, The Lemoncello, port and mulled wine and another 2 bottles of 19 Crimes are also sitting unopened. Christmas cake untouched, cheese barely touched and chocolates ignored. I bought too much again. Even Kataleya has told me she doesn't want any chocolate so 3 selection boxes unopened.

Hopefully some of it will be consumed over new year but I am not betting on it.

14 minutes ago, cartoonman said:

I'm just finishing this simple painting ... I saw the picture on the internet and liked the design and copied it in Oils..It passes the time and the results have come out great.  I'm pleased with it....Now I have to find something else to Paint...Such a Hard Life....Ha,Ha. 

Lion head me.jpg

Painting looks great. Wish I had your artistic talent.

For your next project, suggest a painting of your breakfast, lunch or dinner and post it in the topic below. :default_biggrin:

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Would you like my PO Box number ???

That's not so far from what could happen. The drink unlikely to be exported but quite a bit of the unopened food, especially chocolates etc could find their way into food banks etc if within their consume by date.

Funny thing is I bought probably half of what I bought last year, then it took me until February to consume nearly all the food and drink.  It is the wrong time for my daughter to decide she doesn't like chocolate anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, roomark said:

Booked Phi Phi for tomorrow.

2k all in it's been a while so looking forward to it.

Dam buddy, get me some pics of Ko Phi Phi, love that place, Have a blast, by the way I hate you LOL! 

Last time there was 2017, we took my Daughter as she had come to LOS for her first visit ever. 

Ko Phi Phi.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Just heading out in -17C to begin clearing another 20cm (8") dump of snow, with another 5-10cm forecast for tomorrow - getting to be a repeat of last winter...

Lord have mercy Gord. 

I guess one way to look at it.... it gives you something to do. I'm bored out of my friggen skull, but the weather has been about 65-70 every day. lol

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Just had my 3rd covid vaccine....

I had mine yesterday.

In Scotland one gets moderna to augment the two previous AZ vaccinations.

I am laying on the sofa because I am too tired to attempt anything else. I was like this the day following my first AZ jag although not the second.

I just phoned my daughter who also had her booster jag yesterday and she feels the same.

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Absolutely pissed it down here today for about an hour, fortunately we ducked into little restaurant to escape. There was an extremely loud parrot in a cage which spoilt the experience,  but at least we didn't get soaked.

20211229_155128.jpg

20211229_154514.jpg

20211229_154905.jpg

Makes a change from turkey.

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Lord have mercy Gord. 

I guess one way to look at it.... it gives you something to do. I'm bored out of my friggen skull, but the weather has been about 65-70 every day. lol

Yes, it does keep one occupied but it gets a little tedious when you get dump after dump like this - wouldn't be so bad if the snowfalls were spread out a little more. It would be nice to have a heated cab on the tractor - at these temperatures you get pretty cold and stiff after sitting on the machine for an hour or so and I generally won't go out on it if it is colder than -20C (-4F).

22 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, it does keep one occupied but it gets a little tedious when you get dump after dump like this - wouldn't be so bad if the snowfalls were spread out a little more. It would be nice to have a heated cab on the tractor - at these temperatures you get pretty cold and stiff after sitting on the machine for an hour or so and I generally won't go out on it if it is colder than -20C (-4F).

That is fucking cold man. Got to watch it (as I'm sure you know). Our lungs aren't what they used to be at our age. You can actually freeze your lungs causing you to basically drown in your own blood.

That's why I was so concerned when Covid hit, having high b.p. and not great lungs (also a smoker).... I thought "f**k me' I am not a very good candidate for surviving that shit.