What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 12/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, Painter said:

After waiting 37 minutes, a human answers. I was still 17th on the online chat queue.

I have a flight (direct) to bkk mid January. However, when I check on their website, there are no direct flights available on the day of my flight.

Now to me, that either means that the flight is full, or BA have cancelled it.

So, i check their website for other dates, and no direct flights are available. Only codeshare with Qatar, at much higher prices.  Does this mean all direct lhr to bkk BA flights are complete sold out until mid March?

So I put all this to the human. They check and confirm my direct flight is still planned to fly, but there are no tickets for sale. 

I express concern, about having to book alternative flights last minute, and having to booking quarantine hotel and thai pass, and ask if they actually mean that the direct flight is still going. They confirm, that as of today, I am on a direct lhr to bkk flight.

I'm afraid I have little confidence in this. I can see one of two things happening.....

1. Me being transferred to a Qatar flight (indirect) on the same day, which, providing it isnt the chaos of boydeste's flight, could be a good thing, or

2. BA kindly informing me with 10 days to go that my flight has been cancelled, and that they'll refund my money in 8 weeks as they are very busy....

Bits of me wish I hadn't booked a decently priced fare with them in the first place....

Guess what?

A very concerned email from BA this morning, apologising profusely for the inconvenience,  but cancelling my flight. They will do everything within their power to get to to and from my destination...

Except, their website keeps crashing when I try to rebook onto a Qatar flight, and, after wishing you happy Christmas,  and apologising for being very busy on the phone, they cut you off.... literally, not even put into a queue, they just hang up...

Oh joy....!

16395739873305176232685385062725.jpg

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

Guess what?

A very concerned email from BA this morning, apologising profusely for the inconvenience,  but cancelling my flight. They will do everything within their power to get to to and from my destination...

Except, their website keeps crashing when I try to rebook onto a Qatar flight, and, after wishing you happy Christmas,  and apologising for being very busy on the phone, they cut you off.... literally, not even put into a queue, they just hang up...

Oh joy....!

Same, they cancelled my flight with option of rebook or refund.

I tried to get the refund, and it must've crashed, got the same 'Something went wrong' page you did.

I then did it again, no problems, refund will be processed in 5 to 7 working days.

Happy with that, pondering a Thai Air flight to Phuket. But will probably hold off a bit to things settle down a bit.

36 minutes ago, Painter said:

Guess what?

Oh joy....!

During the early months of Covid when I was in LOS there were a couple of "windows" where I was considering attempting to book a flight back to the U.S. In reality it was almost impossible (and....even if I had it would have taken me about 3 days to get to my destination).

If I recall correctly at one point I was able to book a flight (although I recognized there was a high probability it would later be cancelled).

As I got close to the flight date I checked on-line with American Airlines (AA) website, and sure enough the flight had been cancelled. Following that I made multiple attempts on the phone to get info. Each time there would be at least a 45 minute wait. On at least two occasions I actually got through to an agent. Both times after up to thirty minutes of back and forth I was just hung up on.

Following a period of absolute disbelief and total disgust toward the company I just gave up. Over months and months things were for the most part sorted out. But, the entire experience just left me with a complete "reality check" of how weak and vulnerable most business systems are (incld. banks, airlines, etc.). 

I will never look at things in regards to expectations I have with respect to how these business operate. And have nothing but contempt for the executives and "leaders" of these companies who dictate policy. Scum of the barrel IMO.

• Like 1

October 2022!

What do they know we don't ffs!

British Airways oneworld-logo-md.jpg

A message from British Airways about your flight

Booking Reference *********

Dear MR **********  

We are sorry that your Bangkok flight has been cancelled, we don’t underestimate the inconvenience this has caused.  We have now suspended our Bangkok service until October 2022.

If you still wish to travel, we may be able to move your booking a partner carrier, subject to availability and ticket validity.  Alternatively, if you no longer wish to travel, we have other options available including the option take a future travel voucher. For more information or to discuss your options please visit Manage My Booking on ba.com, give us a ring on 0800 727 800 from within the UK, or +44 (0)203 250 0145 from outside the UK. If you booked via a travel agent, please speak to them directly to discuss arrangements for your booking.

Again, we’re very sorry for any impact this may have on your travel plans and thank you for your patience and understanding.

British Airways

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

October 2022!

Dear MR **********  

We are sorry that your Bangkok flight has been cancelled, we don’t underestimate the inconvenience this has caused.  We have now suspended our Bangkok service until October 2022.

If you still wish to travel, we may be able to move your booking a partner carrier, subject to availability and ticket validity.  Alternatively, if you no longer wish to travel, we have other options available including the option take a future travel voucher. For more information or to discuss your options please visit Manage My Booking on ba.com, give us a ring on 0800 727 800 from within the UK, or +44 (0)203 250 0145 from outside the UK. If you booked via a travel agent, please speak to them directly to discuss arrangements for your booking.

Again, we’re very sorry for any impact this may have on your travel plans and thank you for your patience and understanding.

British Airways

Just received the same. Website still down, still not answering the phones....

On a more pleasant note, I just finished wrapping my Christmas gifts, save one that hasn't arrived, yet.  That's a record for me, I usually end up doing this late at night on Christmas eve.  That's after the drinking that accompanies our Christmas eve smorgasbord.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Krapow said:

October 2022!

Dear MR **********  

British Airways

Same here , gone for refund ... 

53 minutes ago, Krapow said:

October 2022!

Dear MR **********  

British Airways

Well the positive for me is that I don't need to wait for summer schedules and can book another airline. Will use my £960 voucher for some other interesting route.

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Trying to get an early night as out early in the morning on a boat for an island tour, as usual I am wide away, another Samsung and coke it is then.

Hey buddy, if you see this gal around, ask her if she remembers me? LOL! I was young and handsum back then 😇

Enjoying Phuket??

DSCN0021.JPG

DSCN0023.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's a very condensed bar scene right now, just finding my way, discovered Otop area tonight.

20211215_205510.jpg

20211215_205503.jpg

A lot of the bar areas have disappeared over the years , there used to be four or five Sois coming off Bangla each with about 30 beer bars in , plus Soi Dongtan and Soi SeaPearl further up from Bangla , plus bars up near the Expat hotel .... Otop has been going a long time , but funnily enough I've never made it that far , was too much going on elsewhere  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Hey buddy, if you see this gal around, ask her if she remembers me? LOL! I was young and handsum back then 😇

Enjoying Phuket??

DSCN0021.JPG

DSCN0023.JPG

Well, you sure did have a dashing moustache back then. lol

I bet you tickled those tight abs of hers with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

A lot of the bar areas have disappeared over the years , there used to be four or five Sois coming off Bangla each with about 30 beer bars in , plus Soi Dongtan and Soi SeaPearl further up from Bangla , plus bars up near the Expat hotel .... Otop has been going a long time , but funnily enough I've never made it that far , was too much going on elsewhere  🙂 

Those bars off Bangla are still there, some open, but many closed. Soi sea pearl bars nearest the beach are all open, but further down are closed. I don't know where soi Dongtan is. There is enough for a newbie like me to explore! 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

@boydeste it's worth hiring a jeep / car for the day and going around the island , check out some of the viewpoints and other beaches 

https://www.phuket101.net/phuket-viewpoints/

https://www.phuket101.net/phuket-best-beaches/

also good to get a taxi to Phuket Town late Sunday afternoon, have a look around the old area and night market , arrange for a return trip 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

@boydeste it's worth hiring a jeep / car for the day and going around the island , check out some of the viewpoints and other beaches 

https://www.phuket101.net/phuket-viewpoints/

https://www.phuket101.net/phuket-best-beaches/

also good to get a taxi to Phuket Town late Sunday afternoon, have a look around the old area and night market , arrange for a return trip 

Waiting to be picked up for an island tour on a huge speed boat, starting to get out and about a bit.

The pick up is late as expected.  Lol

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Waiting to be picked up for an island tour on a huge speed boat, starting to get out and about a bit.

The pick up is late as expected.  Lol

I remember being at Wat Buddhavas in Houston the day before a Songkran celebration when a young teen girl, born in the US to Thai parents, was telling the little kids who were going to do a dance routine what time to come for final rehearsal the next day.  She ended with "American time, not Thai time." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1