What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just finished preparing my US taxes. What a PITA, even with the help of H&R Block tax software. Made harder this year because of the sale of my home last year. Good news is I don't owe anything as my adjusted cost basis for the home was higher than the sale price.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from a 3 hour walk plus an hour in PBG ! It wasn't planned that way though..!!!

- I needed cash from the ATM for tomorrow so went to the ATMs at the "boat 7/11".

- Then I thought fuckit I need some more cheap charlie wine glasses so went to the cheap charlie shop on Pattaya Tai (But they didn't have what I wanted)

- Then I thought fuckit I'll go to Friendship to buy 4 x litres of pomegranate

- Then I thought fuckit John Candy is "just around the corner" and went there and bought 3 more pairs of shorts. 2 pairs were new design with a back pocket.

- Then I thought fuckit The Post Office is "just around the corner" so checked my PO Box

- Then I thought fuckit PBG is "just around the corner" so I went there to open my mail

- Then I read my mail which informed me that my Army Pension is going to increase by 10% and thought fuckit I'll have another Leffe Brown

.........Then I thought fuckit I've got to walk all the way home

.... And here I am f***d !!

Good to hear you had a fuckit good day. :default_cheers:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from a 3 hour walk plus an hour in PBG ! It wasn't planned that way though..!!!

- I needed cash from the ATM for tomorrow so went to the ATMs at the "boat 7/11".

- Then I thought fuckit I need some more cheap charlie wine glasses so went to the cheap charlie shop on Pattaya Tai (But they didn't have what I wanted)

- Then I thought fuckit I'll go to Friendship to buy 4 x litres of pomegranate

- Then I thought fuckit John Candy is "just around the corner" and went there and bought 3 more pairs of shorts. 2 pairs were new design with a back pocket.

- Then I thought fuckit The Post Office is "just around the corner" so checked my PO Box

- Then I thought fuckit PBG is "just around the corner" so I went there to open my mail

- Then I read my mail which informed me that my Army Pension is going to increase by 10% and thought fuckit I'll have another Leffe Brown

.........Then I thought fuckit I've got to walk all the way home

.... And here I am f***d !!

Love days like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just finished preparing my US taxes. What a PITA, even with the help of H&R Block tax software. Made harder this year because of the sale of my home last year. Good news is I don't owe anything as my adjusted cost basis for the home was higher than the sale price.

Did mine too a few weeks ago from here. I was worried, since my Brother and I had the Living Will Trust from my parents estate to deal with and the sale of their home, 401k etc.  About a month before I left, my Brother and I spent $500 for a 1 hour consultation with a tax attorney to discuss just this. We got lucky, no taxes we are responsible on this what so ever! 

One other thing, at least in Calif where I file. There may be alot of things wrong in America these days but....I have to give kudos to The Franchise Tax Board in Calif......4 days after I filed, the refund money was in my Wells Fargo Account, 8 days after the Federal was in their too.....pretty impressive I think....with all the Gov't red tape these days you know? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/13/2023 at 3:40 PM, KWA said:

In a phone queue for a council tax query.  43 minutes and I'm now 2nd in the queue.

Down to 7th in the queue after 45 minutes trying to book a GP appointment.

Thanks Tory cunts for destroying the NHS and other public services.

• Surprised 1

Was just reading the Daily Mail and came across this piece. Tik Tok filters really do alter an appearance. I know we have some great threads on here and the majority of pics of girls are probably a good impression of the actual person but some of these filters really do alter the physical appearance of many wannabees.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11870417/TikTok-filter-gave-professional-makeover-risks-stealing-self-esteem-generation.html

• Great Info 1

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Was just reading the Daily Mail and came across this piece. Tik Tok filters really do alter an appearance. I know we have some great threads on here and the majority of pics of girls are probably a good impression of the actual person but some of these filters really do alter the physical appearance of many wannabees.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11870417/TikTok-filter-gave-professional-makeover-risks-stealing-self-esteem-generation.html

It frightens the hell out of me the way the world is going. False pride, false hope, false information...Nothing is real !!!

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Another relaxing day lakeside in Korat.

20230318_093801.jpg

That's a nice view mate ! I was wondering how that lake action was working out. Didn't want to disturb your quiet time.

It was smoldering hot here today. And then then most glorious rainfall came through. It was brilliant to see.

• Thumbs Up 2