What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Dtac, how long does a SIM last?

We were last in Thailand in June, and arriving again end of the month. Will they still work, or just buy new?

I remember years ago it was dependant on how long ago you put credit on it, but can't remember how long?

I think it would be May when we arrived, so near a year.

No biggie, just wondering ....

Just go to the Dtac counter and ask them, you need to show passport to get a sim card so presume they can check your details and add credit if it is still your number as opposed to having being reused to another subscriber.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Krapow said:

Dtac, how long does a SIM last?

We were last in Thailand in June, and arriving again end of the month. Will they still work, or just buy new?

I remember years ago it was dependant on how long ago you put credit on it, but can't remember how long?

I think it would be May when we arrived, so near a year.

No biggie, just wondering ....

Dial the call check number (*101# maybe?) and you'll see if it's active and got credit.  Works in the UK for AIS (*121#) so hopefully the same for DTAC.

• Great Info 2

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just go to the Dtac counter and ask them, you need to show passport to get a sim card so presume they can check your details and add credit if it is still your number as opposed to having being reused to another subscriber.

Aye it's no biggee, was just curious. I'll have to go to the dtac counter anyway, as want a month's connection before i leave the airport.

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Dial the call check number (*101# maybe?) and you'll see if it's active and got credit.  Works in the UK for AIS (*121#) so hopefully the same for DTAC.

Naw, nothing. But i have a double sim phone, so just have it in, will switch when on the plane, see if it works on arrival. If not, no real bother anyway. It's only really for keeping in contact with the wife in Thailand when we're not together.

I just submitted an official "Complaint" about the Bank of Scotland.

On Tuesday I tried to pay a couple of bills on line including the rent on the condo I am currently using in Scotland.

The first one would not accept my bank details at all.

The one for the rent accepted all the bank details including the security 5 digit one time pin but then had a brain fart and up came the message "Unable to complete - try again."

I log into my B of S app on my phone and find the amount of the rent is now in my "Pending" transactions and deducted from my account balance.

I want to pay my rent but realize if I try again and it completes I will have another payment deducted and sitting in "Pending"

I use the on line App on my phone to "talk" in real time to a B of S consultant in their Help Center.

I explain the problem and my concern that I do not want to end up paying the rent twice. I am assured, in writing, that will not happen and that the bank's consultant has arranged for the first "Pending" amount to be credited back into my current account the next day. I am assured this will happen and I can go ahead and make an alternative payment for my rent and that will not affect the refund of the payment currently in "Pending".

So I follow their instruction and I now have two "Pending" amounts dated one day apart each  the same amount as my rent. Two hours later both have disappeared and my current account has been debited twice.

As I feared, they have paid my rent twice!

After a long telephone conversations with B of S they sort of apologize but it is bit like pulling teeth to get them to admit that they f***d up. They are adamant that the Bank cannot instigate a refund directly ( that is a lie) and I will have to refer to the company that owns the property. In another lifetime I used to be a Compliance Manager (Insurance) so I tell them to give me all the contact details so I can officially register a formal complaint. They had no choice but to do that so maybe down the line I will receive some monetary compensation.

Finally I telephone the head office of the company that owns the property. They immediately and very efficiently confirm that they received two identical payments today. Refunds have to go through their finance division and I will have the over payment back in my account by next Friday.

I could have done that this morning and saved myself a lot of hassle but the B of S really pissed me off. They will probably eventually send me a few hundred pounds compensation if I get bloody minded and take the complaint to the Banking ombudsman.

Contacted my travel insurance earlier, just to update them i've been 'officially' diagnosed with gout, and am now on a new medication. 

Said no problem, gout wouldn't cost my Policy any more, but i had to pay a £10 Admin fee to get a new Policy which was exact same as the last one, except had a ******** /1 at the end  :lol:

Cunts, but just trying to do everything by the book, they do send reminders if any new diagnoses or medications to let them know or it could invalidate the Policy.  I have a yearly, family one, with any and all medical conditions declared and covered. 

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

On the train waiting to leave Reading. Just seen the tribute band AC/DC UK. Fucking brilliant, singer proper sounds like Brian Johnson. Great selection of songs as well.

21AE6718-1E94-416C-8CCD-60BC840EE03E.jpeg

Do you like The Levellers?

They're doing an acoustic tour, and playing Hackney Empire, they did the same last year.

Was gonna contact you a month or so ago about going, but pretty much sold out now.

I like them, liked their lyrics and songs.

48 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Do you like The Levellers?

They're doing an acoustic tour, and playing Hackney Empire, they did the same last year.

Was gonna contact you a month or so ago about going, but pretty much sold out now.

I like them, liked their lyrics and songs.

Only know a couple of the hits. Never really listened to them before.

Up Camden next Saturday to see Raven at the Black Heart 🖤.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Only know a couple of the hits. Never really listened to them before.

Up Camden next Saturday to see Raven at the Black Heart 🖤.

Bloody Nora! 

Looks like those daft geordies are still together after all these years. I saw them supporting another band back in the early 80s if I can remember correctly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Bloody Nora! 

Looks like those daft geordies are still together after all these years. I saw them supporting another band back in the early 80s if I can remember correctly. 

Seen them a couple of times before. It's the 40th anniversary of the All For One album.

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

Finally got checked in after a white knuckle ride through the traffic. Now destressing with a glass of red wine.

You deserve the whole bottle after that mate. It's Macha Bucha weekend also, no booze beginning tomorrow night at 12. 24 hour booze ban.

I just woke up after a 12 hour nap.

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

I just submitted an official "Complaint" about the Bank of Scotland.

On Tuesday I tried to pay a couple of bills on line including the rent on the condo I am currently using in Scotland.

The first one would not accept my bank details at all.

The one for the rent accepted all the bank details including the security 5 digit one time pin but then had a brain fart and up came the message "Unable to complete - try again."

I log into my B of S app on my phone and find the amount of the rent is now in my "Pending" transactions and deducted from my account balance.

I want to pay my rent but realize if I try again and it completes I will have another payment deducted and sitting in "Pending"

I use the on line App on my phone to "talk" in real time to a B of S consultant in their Help Center.

I explain the problem and my concern that I do not want to end up paying the rent twice. I am assured, in writing, that will not happen and that the bank's consultant has arranged for the first "Pending" amount to be credited back into my current account the next day. I am assured this will happen and I can go ahead and make an alternative payment for my rent and that will not affect the refund of the payment currently in "Pending".

So I follow their instruction and I now have two "Pending" amounts dated one day apart each  the same amount as my rent. Two hours later both have disappeared and my current account has been debited twice.

As I feared, they have paid my rent twice!

After a long telephone conversations with B of S they sort of apologize but it is bit like pulling teeth to get them to admit that they f***d up. They are adamant that the Bank cannot instigate a refund directly ( that is a lie) and I will have to refer to the company that owns the property. In another lifetime I used to be a Compliance Manager (Insurance) so I tell them to give me all the contact details so I can officially register a formal complaint. They had no choice but to do that so maybe down the line I will receive some monetary compensation.

Finally I telephone the head office of the company that owns the property. They immediately and very efficiently confirm that they received two identical payments today. Refunds have to go through their finance division and I will have the over payment back in my account by next Friday.

I could have done that this morning and saved myself a lot of hassle but the B of S really pissed me off. They will probably eventually send me a few hundred pounds compensation if I get bloody minded and take the complaint to the Banking ombudsman.

Dealing with banks and their f***d up software is my greatest hate.

Anyone working in the banking industry should be walking with their heads down in shame. Disgusting how they operate.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

On the train waiting to leave Reading. Just seen the tribute band AC/DC UK. Fucking brilliant, singer proper sounds like Brian Johnson. Great selection of songs as well.

21AE6718-1E94-416C-8CCD-60BC840EE03E.jpeg

I was going to mention that I distinctly recall my two young daughters insisting that we went to a AC/DC tribute band performance whilst on holiday in Tenerife in the late 80's.

After some further consideration I realize that it wasn't an AC/DC tribute band we endured but in fact U2'd being a U2 tribute band. I remember it now because I never liked U2 and the tribute band were absolute shite! Or maybe THEY were not a bad version of the original Bono and co and thus I just disliked them by default. :default_071:

Needless to say, both daughters loved'em!

I think I have mixed up my meds. 🤣

• Haha 3

Just done back to back HIIT and Circuits. 

1 hour, 45 mins of paaaaain!

Even if you just miss 3 weeks, you notice it when you go back.

Still, was able to do it, feeling great now, back into my routine that helps keep me sane. 

20230304_112919.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Admiring a picture I just got from my gal pal who owns a Viet Coffee Shop back in Calif. Gal on the far right...was in a wedding yesterday ( obviously) 

IMG_1635.jpeg

I’d marry any one of them.

❤️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

One of the hotels next to my condo is Russia Central.... probably 80% occupied by young Russian blokes who fled to escape conscript.... The advantage is that most of them bought their partners, who are often really quite attractive, and tend to wander the area without support....

Anyway.... I'm currently listening to one couple going hammer and tongs at eachother.... dont be surprised if Pattaya News reports murder suicide....  It's like a Thai soap on steroids....!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Go for a pony ride on the beach.

Or just go for a pony on the beach.

Smaller glass sizes have largely disappeared. Try walking into a bar and asking for a pony. In Victoria, along with NSW, South Australia and Western Australia, this is, or was, a 5oz or 140ml glass. Today's beer drinkers might wonder why anyone would bother with such a small glass, but I recall seeing people drinking ponies in country pubs last century.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, fygjam said:

Or just go for a pony on the beach.

Smaller glass sizes have largely disappeared. Try walking into a bar and asking for a pony. In Victoria, along with NSW, South Australia and Western Australia, this is, or was, a 5oz or 140ml glass. Today's beer drinkers might wonder why anyone would bother with such a small glass, but I recall seeing people drinking ponies in country pubs last century.

Air conned pubs put an end to the need to drink ponies to guarantee your beer was always cold.

• Like 1