What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Welcome to my world. Wish my hearing loss could be resolved with a simple ear cleaning procedure, but tinnitus is with me for life, and getting worse.

My hearing aids crapped out on me just before the pandemic, so looking forward to my trip back to the States in May when I can get them fixed.

Try Costco for Hearing Aids, they have the high-end micro German ones which I understand are quite good. 

• Great Info 1

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just leaving the hospital. Doctor gave me medicine to lower my pressure, told me to see my GP again for regular monitoring, and buy a self testing device,

Tests came back okay so safe to go home.

Is this new or already diagnosed and under medication?

45 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Is this new or already diagnosed and under medication?

New.

Was at the GP for something else but asked me when I last had my Blood pressure taken, which was a couple of years ago.

So took it as I’m in their target range for undiagnosed health conditions.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just leaving the hospital. Doctor gave me medicine to lower my pressure, told me to see my GP again for regular monitoring, and buy a self testing device,

The medication definitely works, it must have been really bad to send you straight the hospital!!

Give a month monitoring it, along with the meds you will see the readings coming down for sure. QPR will get promoted (next season of course), and you'll be there to see it😀

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

New.

Was at the GP for something else but asked me when I last had my Blood pressure taken, which was a couple of years ago.

So took it as I’m in their target range for undiagnosed health conditions.

LDK echoes my thoughts exactly (apart from QPR). High blood pressure seems very common these days and very controllable by medication. I was wondering if this was screeing for your cherry picker triaining. I see a lot of guys finding they have high blood pressure during work at height medical checks.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, CalEden said:

Try Costco for Hearing Aids, they have the high-end micro German ones which I understand are quite good. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Mine are from Sam's Club. I'll check both out when I get back as I expect technology has improved quite a bit since 2017 when I purchased mine.

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

As @Lemondropkidposted, meds are very effective at controlling high BP. I started on them a little over a year ago. If you're looking for suggestions on a home BP monitor, I have the one pictured below (link).

image.png

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

The medication definitely works, it must have been really bad to send you straight the hospital!!

Give a month monitoring it, along with the meds you will see the readings coming down for sure. QPR will get promoted (next season of course), and you'll be there to see it😀

She gave me a sheet with the readings to take to hospital.

210/122

193/112

212/123

So sky high.

• Surprised 5

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

26 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

As @Lemondropkidposted, meds are very effective at controlling high BP. I started on them a little over a year ago. If you're looking for suggestions on a home BP monitor, I have the one pictured below (link).

image.png

Omron are good but stick with the upper arm cuff, forget the wrist style ones.

Also, if you know how to operate pencil and paper, skip the bluetooth option which just jacks up the price for no additional benefit.

The real trick is to get someone who knows, to tell you the best way to take a reading.

• one reading and that's it (like most doctor's surgeries).
  • 3 readings 1-2 minutes apart and average the results (some Omrons will do this for you).
  • 1 reading to settle the cuff, discard the result then take 2 more readings 1-2 minutes apart and take the average.
  • take 3 readings and select the best one.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Omron are good but stick with the upper arm cuff, forget the wrist style ones.

Also, if you know how to operate pencil and paper, skip the bluetooth option which just jacks up the price for no additional benefit.

The real trick is to get someone who knows, to tell you the best way to take a reading.

• one reading and that's it (like most doctor's surgeries).
  • 3 readings 1-2 minutes apart and average the results (some Omrons will do this for you).
  • 1 reading to settle the cuff, discard the result then take 2 more readings 1-2 minutes apart and take the average.
  • take 3 readings and select the best one.

Good luck

Agree, no need for Bluetooth. I suspect though electronics has gotten so cheap they throw it in whether you want it or not.

The key feature about the model I have and the one pictured is memory to store the readings. That and it supports use of an Ac Adapter, which I see you have to buy separately for $6.99.

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, no need for Bluetooth. I suspect though electronics has gotten so cheap they throw it in whether you want it or not.

The key feature about the model I have and the one pictured is memory to store the readings. That and it supports use of an Ac Adapter, which I see you have to buy separately for $6.99.

Mine also has the (unused) AC adapter port. I went for a good set of rechargeable NiMH batteries and a decent charger (which is also used for charging the zillions of other batteries I use).

image.pngSkyRC MC3000 instruction

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Mine also has the (unused) AC adapter port. I went for a good set of rechargeable NiMH batteries and a decent charger (which is also used for charging the zillions of other batteries I use).

image.pngSkyRC MC3000 instruction

Eneloop are good quality rechargeable batteries. Bought the kit pic below a few years ago. Considering the cost of the four AA rechargeable batteries, it was cheaper to go with the AC adapter.

image.png