What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I left at 9am this morning for a two and half hour walk but by buggery it was hot !!!

I had planned a route so that I could do as many "jobs" as possible. Everything went well until I hit Fever (FEVER!!!! Brrrtish) and there was only one pack of broad beans left in the fridge (own up @forcebwithu you bought them all didn't you!!). I asked the cashier and she found another pack hidden in the bowels of the main freezer.. All gone now !!!

• Haha 2

Had a quiet night locally last night with some company. Now treating her to some brunch. My newly discovered Thai place seems to not be able to cope with several customers at a time. Very long wait, then my Thai omelette appears on its own to get cold before everything else arrives. Either that, or she has ordered enough food for 5. Lol.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

Just having a late breakfast. But can only manage half. My stomach feeling the worse for wear. In fact I am beginning to feel rather nauseous 🤢 

The night off, I planned, never materialised. Only so much my old body can take these days, not to mention my wallet.  

Oh well, back to blighty soon, then I will miss feeling constantly f*cked every day. But my liver needs a good rest. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Went out for my lunch time walk, 41 degrees got to me after a mile. Decided to duck into a family owned Thai place just off the beach to cool down and put some food inside me.

Sat under a fan but still felt very weak. So I left and went to the pharmacy to grab some electrolytes, then went into Ausie Bar on Bangla because I can sit there directly under my own fan. Grabbed some water, emptied the powder in and duly necked it. The girls brought me a couple of cold towels and within 10 to 15 minutes felt much better.

With my sensible head on I stayed there for a couple of hours before walking back to my hotel, very much looking forward to a shower and aircon.

Just as I entered reception there were 2 Loud explosions and the power lines outside burst into flames both ends between two pylons. Fortunately a Thai guy had the presence of mind to hit it with a powder extinguisher and put both fires out.

Was quite impressed because the fire truck rocked up within 8 minutes. 

How long it will take for the electricity company to rock up, who knows.

So the main breaker for the street has tripped and everything is dead in the hotel. Reception tell me the door locks have a back up battery, so should be OK. We will see how that pans out, but no aircon. 

I am sat outside in the breeze drinking cold water from the 7 11 watching it unfold. Pointless getting a cold shower then wandering out because it still so hot.

Praying that the electricity guys get the breaker back on by tonight,  or it's going to be a very uncomfortable night with no fan or aircon. 

Screenshot_20230214-173833_Video Player.jpg

20230214_173754.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-173815_Video Player.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 3

Really hot here as well, spent most of the day under the pool umbrellas apart from a few laps , went for a stroll , an iced coffee and what I thought was going to be a legit massage ... it was very good ....then afterwards she took me to a private room at the back and swallowed the kids ... happy Valentine's Day 💖

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

The electric company eventually got the power back on long enough for me to cool the room down and take a shower. Then it went off again. Quickly got dressed and went out early.

They were working at the transformer when I passed so hopefully will be sorted by the time I roll home.

20230214_192726.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Just finished installing a backflow valve on my water booster pump which has solved a water hammer problem I started having after a pressure switch was replaced last week.

This had me puzzled for a few days as to why I would have a water hammer problem now on a pump that was replaced about eight years ago. The only difference being the replacement of the switch, which I couldn't imagine how it would be the source of the problem.

The mystery was solved on Monday when a Thai friend was over and had a look at the pump. I was impressed with his clever field expedient repair. All he did was close the water inflow valve enough to the point where the water hammer ceased. That also answered the question of why the problem started after the switch replacement.

In addition to replacing the switch, the repair guy had flushed the water inflow pipe to remove accumulated gunk. With the gunk removed the natural water restrictor was also removed and thus the water hammer problem started.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
add photo
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

All he did was close the water inflow valve enough to the point where the water hammer ceased.

Oooooh I have the same problem since I replaced the rusty old reservoir bit. My plan was to do the same but on the outlet side rather than the inlet side.

I'm slowly using up the water in the water containers so that I can run the water then go around the back and check things out. 

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oooooh I have the same problem since I replaced the rusty old reservoir bit. My plan was to do the same but on the outlet side rather than the inlet side.

I'm slowly using up the water in the water containers so that I can run the water then go around the back and check things out. 

Are you getting water hammer when you close a faucet or when the booster pump turns off?

In my case it was when the pump shut off causing a water hammer back to the reservoir tank. Had the same problem on my rain collection tank and pump set up. Solution was to install a backflow valve on both between the reservoir tank and pump.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Are you getting water hammer when you close a faucet or when the booster pump turns off?

In my case it was when the pump shut off causing a water hammer back to the reservoir tank. Had the same problem on my rain collection tank and pump set up. Solution was to install a backflow valve on both between the reservoir tank and pump.

Perhaps we are talking different things.

Mine is whenever I turn the tap on and water flows and the pump goes tak spurt tak spurt tak spurt. Depending on how much I am using it goes, takspurttakspurttakspurt or tak....spurt....tak....spurt.

When I say "spurt",  the water still flows adequately it is the "tak" that worries me...

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Perhaps we are talking different things.

Mine is whenever I turn the tap on and water flows and the pump goes tak spurt tak spurt tak spurt. Depending on how much I am using it goes, takspurttakspurttakspurt or tak....spurt....tak....spurt.

When I say "spurt",  the water still flows adequately it is the "tak" that worries me...

Drain the pressure chamber.

25 minutes ago, Painter said:

Wondering whether, with this precipitation falling and walking out of the question, I need to investigate this fellow called Jim at the condo. Apparently he can help you do exercise...

If he offers to fix it for you, now that will get you running!!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

If he offers to fix it for you, now that will get you running!!

Popped in to see Jim. Unfortunately the contraption I wanted had a sign that might have said "no work" on it. It might also have been the instructions, but they looked too complicated for me. Lunch beckoned, followed by an afternoon nap, I think. 

After my ropey day yesterday, I returned to my room at 2am and all was well with the electricity again, but I was up every 2 hours for a piss. Admittedly I had consumed a very large amount of fluids, a mix of tea, water, diet coke and Heineken zero.

Finally woke up feeling good. Took a walk in a new direction and really enjoyed the stroll to the edge of town where I now sit in my old regular eating spot. It's 39 degrees today but for some reason it doesn't feel so over bearing that 41 did.

Going to walk the beach to see how may Russian "super models" are strutting their stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Waiting for a flight to Fuerteventura at Bristol Airport, departing at 10am for a 4 hr flight.

20230215_084023.jpg

Edited by Binlid
  • Thumbs Up 4