What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

23 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I never cared much for the range. Some of the guys I worked with would rather shoot than f**k. I reckon partly because their wives were so ugly. And if they got divorced the wifies would take half of everything (including their pensions).

One guy in particular would sometimes pull me aside and ask me about my travels (he loved the hot Asian girls he'd see running around campus in their short shorts). One night he answered a call at a sorority when they came to the door in nighties.

He came back to the station almost in tears with drool streaming down his uniform....lol

We spent about two hours talking about it all. Really what it was all about was what I considered freedom. I explained to him that everything has a cost, no matter how you cut the pie. I also explained to him that without a certain level of regular income anyone who tries it is f***d.

So we sat down with pen, paper and a calculator......

No matter how we tried to juggle the numbers he came up negative. Unless he somehow came upon a large chunk of unexpected cash somewhere in the future, or he was somehow able to pigeon hole a lot of cash slowing over about twenty years..... 

Poor guy.... back to the range for him. I wonder if he can still hear.

Calif has strong gun laws, no where really to shoot unless you go to a range locally. This one outdoors is really good. 

IMG_3064 2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

My plan for today was to pick up my DHL package at my PO Box then go to PBG to do a comparison test between their Guinness and Leffe Brown.....

.... But then yesterday it slowly dawned on me that DHL won't deliver to a PO Box. I called their 24/7 help line to change addresses and they will deliver it "sometime" today.

I am now confined to camp until it arrives...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Calif has strong gun laws, no where really to shoot unless you go to a range locally. This one outdoors is really good. 

IMG_3064 2.jpg

Nice little carbine....      

If you've not seen the show Mr. Inbetween (series) I recommend.

Some good scenes with what I think are reasonably realistic. He uses this one piece (small machine gun) in a couple scenes that just tears the snot out of the other guys. Dude is good at timing, cover and movement.

It's a real good example of how mindset, familiarity with the weapon(s) used and training work together. Missing any one of those three then the odds really turn against you.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a taxi  from Samitivej hospital to Soi 13. Been having ear problems thought it was just wax..so had the wax cleared out and got a prescription for antibiotic.  Seems i had an.ear infection in addition to the wax. 3000 baht for the clear out and prescription medicines .  Suddenly I can hear again- Jesus Bangkok's a noisy town!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

In a taxi  from Samitivej hospital to Soi 13. Been having ear problems thought it was just wax..so had the wax cleared out and got a prescription for antibiotic.  Seems i had an.ear infection in addition to the wax. 3000 baht for the clear out and prescription medicines .  Suddenly I can hear again- Jesus Bangkok's a noisy town!!

Thanks for this post mate!

I am delaying suing the Army for my hearing loss until I get back to UK. 

Today I felt quite embarrassed not being able to hear and understand what somebody was trying to tell me so I just nodded and made arrangements for next week.

I don't want anybody to touch my ears until I have been assessed, which will make flying back and getting home very interesting !!

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks for this post mate!

I am delaying suing the Army for my hearing loss until I get back to UK. 

Today I felt quite embarrassed not being able to hear and understand what somebody was trying to tell me so I just nodded and made arrangements for next week.

I don't want anybody to touch my ears until I have been assessed, which will make flying back and getting home very interesting !!

Well good luck with case/health.

I can appreaciate how it's even worse when you can't hear and everyone talking to you is wearing a face mask. At the hospital today, that was all the staff obviously. 

A softly spoken Thai female can be hard to understand but when she's wearing a mask and you can't hear it's a b*******d

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well good luck with case/health.

I can appreaciate how it's even worse when you can't hear and everyone talking to you is wearing a face mask. At the hospital today, that was all the staff obviously. 

A softly spoken Thai female can be hard to understand but when she's wearing a mask and you can't hear it's a b*******d

Welcome to my world. Wish my hearing loss could be resolved with a simple ear cleaning procedure, but tinnitus is with me for life, and getting worse.

My hearing aids crapped out on me just before the pandemic, so looking forward to my trip back to the States in May when I can get them fixed.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Welcome to my world. Wish my hearing loss could be resolved with a simple ear cleaning procedure, but tinnitus is with me for life, and getting worse.

My hearing aids crapped out on me just before the pandemic, so looking forward to my trip back to the States in May when I can get them fixed.

Jeez that's a long time not hearing.

There's me complaining about minor stuff, but that's just me, always wanting more!!!

12 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Jeez that's a long time not hearing.

There's me complaining about minor stuff, but that's just me, always wanting more!!!

Only a problem in places with mid to loud background noise. And as you posted, if they're wearing a mask.

As for what I'm doing right now, trying to undistract myself from reading the forum and get back to debugging code that failed yesterday. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Only a problem in places with mid to loud background noise. And as you posted, if they're wearing a mask.

As for what I'm doing right now, trying to undistract myself from reading the forum and get back to debugging code that failed yesterday. 

I have had a few ear infection problems here and there for a pretty long time....

Here are a few ear-cleaning treatment things that helped me....

1. Hydrogen peroxide in the ear for cleaning...

2. Unscrew the sprayer of the bum gun...The bum gun hose will supply a very nice stream of water for inner ear cleaning....It works well,I have done this many times...

3.Doxycycline mixed with water and put directly into the ear......Why this works I have no idea but it sure the heck knocks out any inflammation or pressure or infection in the ear in moments...I have had zero success doing this with any other antibiotic.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I have had a few ear infection problems here and there for a pretty long time....

Here are a few ear-cleaning treatment things that helped me....

1. Hydrogen peroxide in the ear for cleaning...

2. Unscrew the sprayer of the bum gun...The bum gun hose will supply a very nice stream of water for inner ear cleaning....It works well,I have done this many times...

3.Doxycycline mixed with water and put directly into the ear......Why this works I have no idea but it sure the heck knocks out any inflammation or pressure or infection in the ear in moments...I have had zero success doing this with any other antibiotic.....

A bum gun in the ear, that's a new one. :default_biggrin:

Unfortunately my problems are interior, not exterior. The damage is to the hair cells in the cochlea. It's permanent damage as they can't grow back.

image.jpeg

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

A bum gun in the ear, that's a new one. :default_biggrin:

Unfortunately my problems are interior, not exterior. The damage is to the hair cells in the cochlea. It's permanent damage as they can't grow back.

image.jpeg

I've always had trouble with that model and yes, I do suffer from tinnitus.

If tinnitus was purely caused by hair/nerve damage then it should be ear specific. My tinnitus is right in the centre of my head so if it were caused by hair/nerve damage then both ears should have been damaged equally which rarely happens.

Certainly exposure to loud noises appears to be a contributing factor in some cases and thus there is probably some hair/nerve damage but exposure to some drugs, aspirin or the ...mycin antibiotics, can also cause temporary or permanent tinnitus.

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I've always had trouble with that model and yes, I do suffer from tinnitus.

If tinnitus was purely caused by hair/nerve damage then it should be ear specific. My tinnitus is right in the centre of my head so if it were caused by hair/nerve damage then both ears should have been damaged equally which rarely happens.

Certainly exposure to loud noises appears to be a contributing factor in some cases and thus there is probably some hair/nerve damage but exposure to some drugs, aspirin or the ...mycin antibiotics, can also cause temporary or permanent tinnitus.

Mine is specific to my right ear and to a lessor degree my left ear. Audiometry test confirmed it. What you could have is what was described in the graphic as subjective tinnitus.

image.png