What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Trying to buy a ticket for Gary Numan at the Camden Electric Ballroom in April.

Sold out so £174 on the resale websites.

Fucking bullshit, people ripping off genuine fans.

He reminds me of the Thompson Twins who I saw at the Uptown Theater in the early 80's... i probably paid around $18 for the ticket.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/7/2023 at 7:05 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

One and a half hour walk today.

It was only supposed to be a quick walk to Big C and back but I got there too early because it opens at 9am not 8am so decided to head up Pattaya Tai. I got to the ATMs at So Kopai, put my card in, then there was a power cut. Luckily it spewed out my card. I turned in to Soi Bonkot to head for Fever and noticed that they were disconnecting the transformer so I thought fuckit and went back to Big C for basic shopping.

I got home, told my daughter my woes so she cooked me an egg and bacon sandwich served with a tumbler of Mont Clair. She has just finished cutting my toenails and massaging my ankles...

She is now heading off to buy me some Tapper because she saw my fridge was empty of beer...

Wouldn't be surprised if there is only me and you on here that drink Tapper. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It is 51 Baht in the "Big" Big C but 60 Baht in the Mini Big C ........ About 2 weeks ago I popped into the shop in The Grass condos on Pattaya Tai to check prices ...It was 75 Baht !!!!

60 baht in tesco lotus Don Mueang. 7/11 don't stock it sadly but they do have singha special reserve at 5.3%ABV as a second choice. 

Tesco lotus in Don Mueang has a large patio and a friend of my wife sells street food there until about 2am..... A group of us meet there most nights to keep her company and have a laugh. Its now become known as Lotus bar. 

Love the folks I've met in Don Mueang.... Top people. 

• Great Info 1

23 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Love the folks I've met in Don Mueang.... Top people. 

Yes mate, when I lived "in the village" up north I used to use BS Apartments just north of DM near Zeer, as a couple of days stopover. Excellent food market, wine from Tops, shag the missus then drive home.

Years ago there was an Italian restaurent called Milano near there but closed down through lack of use. Shame really..

As you say, a nice area !!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, Stillearly said:

Was reading this hotel website , was thinking about staying there on a future trip .... is there an advertising standards authority in Thailand.. ? 555 😉

F95080C3-FC84-4523-A9D8-79184E30526A.jpeg

The poshest area........ just off Soi Buakhou :default_party-smiley-048:

• Haha 2

I've had a fantastic morning!

- Leeds hung on and grabbed a very important point at OT

- First light I spent 30 minutes hacking away at my tree that provides shade on my outside step

- I phoned around for prices to certify my "Certificate of being alive" then went off, paid it and posted it . I will start a thread later with prices !!

- I realized that it was 11am so went up to 7/11 to but some Sato...!

- Daughter is now going out to buy food which is always a treat!!!

Perfick!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Been a good first 24 hours in Patong. Wandered out to Bangla and had a few beers with some friends. Woke up this morning refreshed after a good nights sleep.

Got pinged by a new girl to me that works reception in a hotel close by. Can she come over in her lunch break. Got to love these girls.

After lunch break I took a walk to see an old friend that works in a bar complex one end of the beach. A few games of pool and some scran made for a pleasant few hours out of the blistering sun today. 37 degrees is quite punishing to walk in.

As the heat of the day reduced I walked the length of the beach, quite busy with many goddesses strutting their stuff. It felt good to be back on the beach breathing clean air! 

Now in the room all cleaned up deciding where the evening should take me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 2/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, boydeste said:

Well, my experience wasn't exactly a good one, mainly due to a pissed up bar manager that was a pain in the ass. Otherwise it's always good to see an area that is expanding methinks. 

Not the highest class of folks in that area. But, you take the good with the bad.

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been a good first 24 hours in Patong. Wandered out to Bangla and had a few beers with some friends. Woke up this morning refreshed after a good nights sleep.

Got pinged by a new girl to me that works reception in a hotel close by. Can she come over in her lunch break. Got to love these girls.

After lunch break I took a walk to see an old friend that works in a bar complex one end of the beach. A few games of pool and some scran made for a pleasant few hours out of the blistering sun today. 37 degrees is quite punishing to walk in.

As the heat of the day reduced I walked the length of the beach, quite busy with many goddesses strutting their stuff. It felt good to be back on the beach breathing clean air! 

Now in the room all cleaned up deciding where the evening should take me.

Good to hear mate.

Mornings here are downright cold some days up here, but it heats up in the afternoon.

I'm getting closer to putting some plans together.

Eye infection cleared up. But, now I've got the shits. Waiting to have another pressure release before I take my walk.  

I don't want to have an accident in the middle of the village.

Stopped and talked with a group of guys showing off and bartering over their fighting roosters yesterday. I hope to see them today and get some pics. They offered me this one for 300 baht.... lol   I don't think that would work out very well in my homestead.

Never a dull moment here. So happy to have discovered Thailand years ago. No matter what challenges I have encountered over the years to get here they have all been worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2