What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

17 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

you have not missed alot

Geez...well a recent PM from someone told me he was more or less glad to get out of Pattaya. Well, if Nana, Cowboy, Patpong and Pattaya are shite, then I guess the glory days are over? Sad but true? Maybe I should just go outside and sit at wifeys cement table drinking Spy Wine Coolers? LOL! 

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

I went to Patpong just before covid and it was shite. Personally I wouldn't bother with it anymore!

Yeah I know, but I am a creature of habit....just have to see it myself. 

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Geez...well a recent PM from someone told me he was more or less glad to get out of Pattaya. Well, if Nana, Cowboy, Patpong and Pattaya are shite, then I guess the glory days are over? Sad but true? Maybe I should just go outside and sit at wifeys cement table drinking Spy Wine Coolers? LOL! 

Yeah I know, but I am a creature of habit....just have to see it myself. 

The reality is that things have changed, but life moves on and you have to adapt to what is left.

Some people couldn't have a good time if they won the lottery and lived in a mansion with 10 super models!

There is plenty of fun to be had in most places if you are a fun person methinks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The reality is that things have changed, but life moves on and you have to adapt to what is left.

Some people couldn't have a good time if they won the lottery and lived in a mansion with 10 super models!

There is plenty of fun to be had in most places if you are a fun person methinks. 

"I second that emotion" ........

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just changed hotels. The room safe didn't work. I presumed batteries, but the maintenance man declared it dead and would need to swap it out with another room.

Ok says me, how long? Thinking he has to unbolt two safes, then re fit.

With that he just picks the safe up and walks out with it. LOL.

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I went there pre covid and it was shite. i remember it from the late 80s so difficult to see it as anything but passed it's best days. Went downhill when they set up the market. certainly not worth a trip across town unless staying in the vicinity.

My issues with it was just walking through. Tighter than a goats asshole. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes and no. I think I have have been coming to Pattaya too long. Many of the bars, if not most, you get taken for a c+nt these days. Its not just me, but others here I talk to. 

Doesn't matter whether you are a Newbie or an old hand. I started to get bored after a week and running out of places to go outside of the LK, Buakhao circuit. 

Groundhog day again. 

I think I'll have a quiet one tonight maybe a few in Jibbys, where you get NO hassle and the staff are friendly. 

Picking up a Honda Click in the morning for daytime use to do some reconnaissance missions. Instead of lying in bed till midday, which doesn't help. 

I'm getting on a bit now and I don't have the energy levels that I used to have. Get back ache if I do too much walking. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yes and no. I think I have have been coming to Pattaya too long. Many of the bars, if not most, you get taken for a c+nt these days. Its not just me, but others here I talk to. 

Doesn't matter whether you are a Newbie or an old hand. I started to get bored after a week and running out of places to go outside of the LK, Buakhao circuit. 

Groundhog day again. 

I think I'll have a quiet one tonight maybe a few in Jibbys, where you get NO hassle and the staff are friendly. 

Picking up a Honda Click in the morning for daytime use to do some reconnaissance missions. Instead of lying in bed till midday, which doesn't help. 

I'm getting on a bit now and I don't have the energy levels that I used to have. Get back ache if I do too much walking. 

Without doubt people are getting older and wanting different things to what they used to. This is where you have to adapt, get off your ass, stop complaining and do something fresh. I have had to do this for the past few years too!

Good for you for breaking the cycle. Just don't hurt yaself. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Groundhog day again. 

In years gone by my holidays in Pattaya were full on 7 or 14 day binges of beer, girls and nitelife. Used to have a great time and feel stress relieved and normalized at the end - ready for another 4 months work.

The first sign of a crack in the routine was my body rejecting more that 4 or 5 days of heavy drinking, i used to wake up with aches and a depression. The end of the holiday was spoilt by an ever increasing recovery period.

I think the key is something rather elusive, a hobby. The only criteria being that it doesn't involve drinking. Could be an activity, perhaps a gentle sport, reading at the beach, learning Thai, or an evening oil massage. It's got to be enjoyable and, for me, interupt the drinking to have a later start or even a missed day.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

Spot on assessment Stu, yeah things have changed for sure, and yes we are ALL getting a bit older and do not have the same energy levels a few years back. in my case, all I need is one gal to crack some jokes with, laugh and have a few drinks with and I should be OK. 

I am going to have a blast none the less meeting you and others tomorrow night. Dam the humidity has been brutal the last few days here...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, john luke said:

Awoken around 0500 this morning.  Overhead electricity junction on fire.  After the fire was extinguished there was no power to the condo for about thirty minutes.

I'm happy with the improvement I've seen over the last several years in the electric company's response to power outages. In my area there have been a couple of loud booms followed by power outages. Latest was last week that I think had a cascade effect. I was told a squirrel shorted the transformer close to my house, but a power surge must have also tripped out a transformer along Arunotai. Power was back on in less than an hour both times.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm happy with the improvement I've seen over the last several years in the electric company's response to power outages. In my area there have been a couple of loud booms followed by power outages. Latest was last week that I think had a cascade effect. I was told a squirrel shorted the transformer close to my house, but a power surge must have also tripped out a transformer along Arunotai. Power was back on in less than an hour both times.

Champion post!

Totally agree!

52 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm back from this morning's jobs...The broom shop was closed so went for a haircut. On the way back it was open so selected the bushiest broom on offer...

All in all a successful little walk and only 150 Baht spent....

Did that include the haircut?

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Did that include the haircut?

100 Baht haircut ('tache trim, ears and nose trim, neck shave, No 1 on the sides and No 2 on top) plus 55 Baht for the broom = 155 Baht....Plenty of places on Buakhao that will do the haircut for 100 Baht and quite a few witches that will provide their own broom to take you back to loom.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Wasn't this lot that caused the fire on Walking Street a few years back, at it again?

squirrel03.png

• Thumbs Up 1