What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 7/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, boydeste said:

On the Eurotunnel home.

@Glasseye

Remembered to take pics of my van loaded for you.

Two front side doors and from the back.

Rammed with gear. Even in the front, excess bags and duty free.

20230729_144316.jpg

20230729_120639.jpg

20230729_120647.jpg

20230730_134940.jpg

All that gear didn’t leave any room for the fish you caught. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Took my bike to the shop for a free service ( part of the deal when I bought it ) ... only 12 miles round trip , but it was fcuking windy today and it seemed to be against me going there and coming back .. 🤷‍♂️ 🚴🏻‍♂️

Riding against the wind can be a byatch. Especially if you don't ride daily, takes longer to loosen up.

Sometimes I neglect to check my tire pressure. Amazing the difference properly inflated tires make.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:48 AM, forcebwithu said:

The Indian Ocean gets hit with a fair amount of space debris, so my guess would be a satellite pressure vessel for propellant.

_130400159_unidentifieditem.jpg.webp

Found this site that has something similar in shape to the debris that washed ashore in Australia.
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/aerial-refueling/composite-space-pressure-vessels.html

image.jpeg

I guessed right.

Mystery cylinder that washed up on Australian beach is Indian space debris, officials confirm

A mysterious cylinder that washed ashore in Western Australia is debris from an Indian space launch, authorities in both countries have said, ending a flurry of speculation over the object’s origin.

The cylinder was part of a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) had previously launched, Sudheer Kumar, a director at ISRO, told CNN.

The Australian Space Agency had previously tweeted on Monday that it had concluded its investigation into the object, and had reached the same conclusion.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, AJSP said:

A few from Poole today. A few members will recognise the area. A pleasant cruise around the coastline to Sandbsnks

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_9742.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9749.jpeg

IMG_9750.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9755.jpeg

IMG_9762.jpeg

IMG_9763.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

IMG_9772.jpeg

IMG_9773.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

IMG_9776.jpeg

IMG_9777.jpeg

IMG_9779.jpeg

IMG_9780.jpeg

IMG_9781.jpeg

Poole is a lovely place,spent many times there in the past. Last trip was the last May bank holiday, took my sister Jan there. She has had many a trip there both with me and her ex husband.

Sadly it will be her last trip away due to her illness. But I’m happy her last trip was there, a place she loved so much.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Wondering when the f**k summer is coming back.

Fucking pissing down currently.

Been shit since June.

Yup, it's fucking depressing, I can't ever remember this amount of rain in July. 

The forecast here is for rain every day this week too!

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

Wondering when the f**k summer is coming back.

Fucking pissing down currently.

Been shit since June.

Been pretty bad in Montreal too, lots of rain this year. But I’m happy it’s been pleasant and not too many scorchers….ah WTF am I saying? Winter’s around the corner and I’ll be freezing begging for summer again 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well,  since my last post, we had a break in the weather and the sun came out.

With my pond filter in desperate need of cleaning and the grass being very long with weeds all along my front and back path I decided to take the hit and crack on. The wet grass made my mower cough a bit but it did a good job.

I totally stripped and cleaned all of the 16 foams from the filter and completely flushed it out. It was full of crap, no wonder the water had clouded up badly.

With that done and the rain holding off I got on my hands and knees ( using an old padded mat for a cushion ) and pulled out all of the weeds along both front and back paths and also my patio area behind the pond.

Feeling chuffed with myself and sweating like a pig, it was decision time whether to go for a walk or shower and rest.

With the sky filling up with black cloud and my back aching, the back won the day and got a rest.

Now all cleaned up and watching tipping point.

Been a while since I watched daytime TV.

Looking nice this evening.

All ‘summer’ it’s only really brightened up in the evening.

IMG_0516.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 8/2/2023 at 11:14 AM, galenkia said:

Looking nice this evening.

All ‘summer’ it’s only really brightened up in the evening.

IMG_0516.jpeg

I have to admit that we have probably had the nicest summer here that we've seen for years - lots of sun but also some rain  to keep things green. We still have some woodsmoke in the air from fires in the area and have had considerable thunderstorm activity lately but overall it's been great; we're losing daylight at a considerable pace, though. 

• Thumbs Up 4