What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I don't normally drink midweek,  but after meeting some friends last night, I went home fairly pissed and opened a 15% red with delusional expectations. I fell asleep in the chair and missed the end of the snooker. 

Not to waste most of the bottle, I am enjoying a couple of pints of Guinness down the pub, will take home a kebab and do a movie night watching the new Equaliser film.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I once asked Mrs Smiler why she bought a small bunch of runner beans from a young boy who came to the house. We had the only just got back from the market and got what I thought was enough from there.

Her reply simply floored me - she said her sister and her used to do that when they were kids to try and make enough money to eat at school the next day. 

No hesitation, no question, we ALWAYS buy from callers to the house and local businesses.

Love that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Had a decent day yesterday where I got a few more winter preps done and even managed to get some leaves picked up but we're back in the soup today with rain piddling all day; not that cool at 7C. The forecast looks good for the next couple of days and then it's "showers or flurries" again with cooler weather so I'll  try to make best advantage of the break - what I wouldn't give for a few dry days in a row so I can get these damned leaves taken care of. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Had a decent day yesterday where I got a few more winter preps done and even managed to get some leaves picked up but we're back in the soup today with rain piddling all day; not that cool at 7C. The forecast looks good for the next couple of days and then it's "showers or flurries" again with cooler weather so I'll  try to make best advantage of the break - what I wouldn't give for a few dry days in a row so I can get these damned leaves taken care of. 

I hated raking leaves with a passion. 

Now all i have to do is whisk a few of them off into the moo every few days and a lady makes the rounds and picks them up. I have a gardener who comes around every few weeks and whacks the garden, 300 baht (I always give him a nice tip, friendliest guy in the World).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just watching my TW and her family and friends devour 3 tubs of various deep fried grubs and insects. 

They can't help themselves can they? They just have to dangle the bloody things in front of your face and place one or two on your legs when you least expect it! 

Got to love the little darlings... Not the insects but the Thai lasses.! 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I can't believe Judd Trump made it over to China the day after winning the English Open Championship. 

They are allowed to play 2 games on the second day, still tough travelling and playing straight away. 140 grand has something to do with it. LOL

BTW Trump is looking good to win again.

Ronnie just scraped through this afternoon, he needs to up his game if he is going to compete with the likes of Trump, although he is playing in a new tip.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Suffering a bit today; got a sore throat and a really runny nose, just feel run down. I am assuming this could be a result of the Covid booster last Saturday. Then again, I am coughing up stuff so may be that I have an unrelated infection.

The benefit of being retired is that today I can just stay in but I would like to get out for a walk, maybe the fresh air will be good for me. Also need to buy a USB stick and some lingerie for the wife so a bonus to take that walk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Suffering a bit today; got a sore throat and a really runny nose, just feel run down. I am assuming this could be a result of the Covid booster last Saturday. Then again, I am coughing up stuff so may be that I have an unrelated infection.

The benefit of being retired is that today I can just stay in but I would like to get out for a walk, maybe the fresh air will be good for me. Also need to buy a USB stick and some lingerie for the wife so a bonus to take that walk.

Got my latest Covid booster yesterday. Feeling a bit peekish today, but not too bad.

Nurse said I should wait 2 weeks for the flu shot. I took her advice and will go back for that.

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

At 80 or 90 baht a shot in most places, I only had a few last weekend.... Much cheaper drinking it for free around the neighbours' ....!!!

Yep. Most of my cash spent on alcohol and lady drinks. I plan to start later tonight and finish earlier.

My self discipline is poor when I'm out here. 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I bought a subway on my way home last night and forgot about  it. Must have Shoved it in the fridge. Just discovered it. Waste not want not, just scoffed it to line my stomach before going out. My liver must be in a right old state after the number of spirits that I have drunk over the last  week. Tastes better the next day.

I woke up in a state of confusion having had very vivid dreams. Had coffee with FBW and Bobit and now trying to differentiate between reality and my wierd dreams. 

Taken a tranquilliser, and normality seems to be coming back slowly. I can barely remember what I did last night, but I hope that I appeared normal during our coffee meeting.

Oh well, another day, another baht and another evening of madness  

I'm getting too old for this place.

When you have time, free up some space in your inbox. A PM I sent came back with the message "Nightcrawler cannot receive messages". Guessing either your inbox is full or a mod put you on mod watch for PM's. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Got my latest Covid booster yesterday. Feeling a bit peekish today, but not too bad.

Nurse said I should wait 2 weeks for the flu shot. I took her advice and will go back for that.

My Flu jab and Covid booster were given at the same time so may not be a great idea. Of course it could be coincidental but feeling pretty bad today. Happy wife off work tomorrow, I may need looking after lol

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

They are being given at the same time here in the UK, one in each arm.

I had my flu jab a week earlier than my Pfizer booster so had them in the same arm.

Have had quite a bad cold since a few days after the flu jab, coincidence or not, who knows!

Don't feel too bad now.

Been waiting in for a delivery, so I have been watching some you tube videos of guys travelling around Thailand.

I find them a quick easy way to learn about new areas and cheap places to stay.

Now watching Ronnie play another upcoming Chinese star.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2