What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Ditto me. 

Are Bolt taxis used as in Pattaya? 

I hope you will be able to give us updates on how you are experiencing the move as the months go on. 

I do use Bolt here, seems to work well but yet to use  itin super peak hours at the weekend.

Fares are very reasonable in my view but maybe not as super cheap at Pattaya. Was chatting to one Patts visitor who seems to attract rain wherever he goes, and the fares seem surreal they were so low in Patts.

Will post the odd update is anything interesting comes along,  good or bad. Life is pretty laid back here, not too much excitment, I kind of like that😛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AJSP said:

Nice we are looking to stay at Baan Bayan a little bit further up the road from your place 

Don't know it but looks very classy. Can't beat the location

I enjoyed a much lower rent lunch in KFC just over the road in Market Village yesterday. 108 baht for a Zinger, fries and a soda. Wouldn't touch it in the UK but was excellent.

Just saying in case you get bored of that colonial 4 star luxury😉

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Sitting in minivan waiting to go at 7am to southern terminal, decided on van as motorbike guy dropped me,and the seller kept telling me no stop but bus stop many times,ye ye I not believe I told him,couldn't be arsed waiting till 7,30 for minibus,saved 70bht in the process,doesn't matter about that tho just wanted to get going. 

Leaving soon and still 7 empty seats....

No doubt I'll be counting the stops and muttering to myself the lying barstewad 555

• Haha 3

Pretty good timing 👌 2 hours later arrived southern terminal ,stopped 3 times but only inside bkk least not at any small towns,driver never went over 80klm,maybe cos we had a monk in the front,who knows,had 1 spare seat between myself and another lady sat aisle seat,not endorsing minivans,but it was pleasant.

On another van now towards hua hin,have a feeling this one will make more stops but no hurry now.

1000037213.jpg1000037214.jpg1000037215.jpg

Reply to this topic...
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just off the ft with gf,she witnessed a fatality yesterday driving home from work,a falang was doing a u turn on petchakesam road and 2  schoolkids 15 apparently hit him on a pcx,said ambulance took 10 minutes to arrive,his body was in a bad way,I asked if they were speeding,as I often see kids on skinny wheeled pcxs tearing down that road,she's pretty shocked by it,wonder how it will turn out for falang,said I know him, see him many times,but can't think who.

• Sad 6

Do love to see the small mountain s just outside cha am,he's had the foot down,left around 10 ,should be hua hin eating lunch 15 min or so,2 blind kids were last 2 passengers to get on in bkk,5 of us left in van,stopped twice,not to bad,looks like it's gonna rain soon tho.

1000037217.jpg1000037218.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've just started cooking lunch and of course the Wicked Witch has been mooching around my fridges. My old fridge (it is old but it is beautiful @Krapow "Stoppit FFS!!") has a freezer compartment that has a dodgy door and I know damned well when the Witch or my daughter have looked inside !!

Sure enough it is beginning to ice up too much ...hopefully I have caught it in time !!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

I am making up for the last two years when I could hardly walk and certainly couldn't travel.

Been finalizing the details of my month in Thailand in March this morning.

Bored this afternoon and the weather in Scotland is shite as usual.

So I just booked a week in Tenerife on the 6th December  with Jet2. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 4

Last night I put my toe through the duvet because it is so bloody old and thin now. I think the Wicked Witch put paid to it with its final wash...

So I logged into Lotus, and what did I see??

A Brand of duvets for delivery to me!!

https://www.lotuss.com/en/product/52459115

70% off ...209 Baht each  down from 699, so I ordered two last night for delivery today ... Sure they are thin summer ones but that is all I need !

Fill yer boots !!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

Having a beer at khao khalok,I smoked a strawberry dream earlier whoaà ,my senses just awakened 100%,,felt a lot more relaxed, usually im always go go go....it was great just chilling at various spots along the coastal road,taking time to take it all in and watching the day go by,worn off now so beer time.

1000037446.jpg1000037447.jpg1000037445.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

USMC birthday, so I sent emails out.  Got emails back asking when my phone is on?  It's a magicjack VOIP app on my cell.  I almost never get a ring.  Call history tells me I missed many.

After seeing that, it was me who made the calls.  So good to speak to those I served with.

Semper Fi, do or die.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Further info from one of the members from chang mai club,supposed to be doing a drive around the town then back to hotel at 1pm,I say supposed to cos its started raining, there staying another night here then heading to prachuap khiri Khan.

1000037564.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 3