What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Doing an online Narcotics Anonymous meeting, first in ages.

Not sure why, head's fine, but just nice to get grounded, get humble and gratitude again. 

My life is so much different to what it was, incredible really. 

I feel a bit of a c**t as i'm sitting listening to different people talking, thinking aye, they're gonna make it, or no, they seem like there's a lot of using and then pain left in them the poor fuckers. 

But i know if they stick at it, they'll make it.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Not sure why, head's fine, but just nice to get grounded, get humble and gratitude again. 

I feel a bit of a c**t as i'm sitting listening to different people talking, thinking aye, they're gonna make it, or no, they seem like there's a lot of using and then pain left in them the poor fuckers. 

Was never into group sharing meetings, so why I couldn’t do AA/NA.

I prefer the one to one with my counselor Sian, she is brilliant for me.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't know if yourself or other BMs  have seen any YouTube videos of the Fentanyl and Tranq situation in the US and Canada. 

I've seen dozens of them, mainly on Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia and they are quite shocking if not sickening. 

I really do admire the many folks that are out there to help and support these addicts but for me it just seems to be a a lost cause. My worry is that this situation is on its way to Europe if it's not already happening. 

And quite frankly, having suffered living with a heroine addict and all the horrible shite that goes with it, I'm losing sympathy with these people. 

Don't know what the answer is but these situations will definitely get worse. Especially for the families involved. 

Apart from those that can get help and stick with it to get better then let the rest get on with it. They all have a sob story that the rest of us have encountered. They made a bad decision that's it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Dam Alan, I just wish I had a "magic wand" to wave at you and make things better. Always hate to see people in situations you are in, realize they want better, but struggle to get out of it. You have my respect for sticking it out and we all hope for the day when we hear from you that you are doing much better. 

Thanks Mike mate, really appreciate your support and kind words.❤️

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I don't know if yourself or other BMs  have seen any YouTube videos of the Fentanyl and Tranq situation in the US and Canada. 

I've seen dozens of them, mainly on Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia and they are quite shocking if not sickening. 

I really do admire the many folks that are out there to help and support these addicts but for me it just seems to be a a lost cause. My worry is that this situation is on its way to Europe if it's not already happening. 

And quite frankly, having suffered living with a heroine addict and all the horrible shite that goes with it, I'm losing sympathy with these people. 

Don't know what the answer is but these situations will definitely get worse. Especially for the families involved. 

Apart from those that can get help and stick with it to get better then let the rest get on with it. They all have a sob story that the rest of us have encountered. They made a bad decision that's it. 

People are people. I have seen and interacted (both in work and personally) with every type of individual imanginable. Street drunks in soiled clothes to university chancellors. Every one of them had an issue of some sort or other (including me). Some of it was obvious as white on rice, others you could sense it, many hide their weaknesses so well that you would never know. 

After college my first job was working at a major inner city medical center/university. There  was a huge psychiatry institute there, the intakes would come through the E.R. where we would often have to assist medical staff in restraining them. I literally cannot even come close to estimate the number of times we had to do that. During those four years I learned more about reality and life then all of the other years combined. 

Even with all the experience and knowledge gained througout my adult years that stuff is beyond any comprehension I have. It is mind boggling to me. The destructive, negative power and damage it presents is difficult to even begin to measure. But, like I said.... people are people. Fascinating at times to think about, but also can be very taxing on personal energy and personal survival.

--------------------------------------------

One good bit of news lately. The U.S. and China have recently signed "agreements" regarding the distribution of the primary chemicals they use to make that shit. I reckon in time we'll see how that plays out. Although I am not very optimistic, as those inclined will find other ways to try to escape the pains they apparently are unable to cope with. Because, well.... people are people.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

This song sums things up quite well (regarding the above)..... and is really fun to dance to.

Great tune and GREAT band....  INXS

That's my therapy. Whatever works for anyone I am cool with. But for me personally... I say fcuk that shit.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Am sat quietly in the office, just looking at the close door apathetically. Normally my door is open, so I can look at my office girl. Just need a moment to reflect on some things.

I had just recieved a call from my mother, informing me that my 89 years old grandmother had passed away during the night. She had been in a retirement home the last four years due to senile dementia. 2 years ago she had one of her legs removed following a fall. 

She was found this morning in her bed with her glasses on by the staff, she had just passed away quietly.

Oh well, I shall return my usual self in a few moments.

• Sad 18

Sorry to hear your sad news lirchenfield.

Currently sat on bus to Suvarnabhumi,work contacted me yesterday and need me to join the boat Tuesday,but fly to Barcelona on Monday to stay overnight, boats near tarragona.

Was gonna be flying Sunday arriving Monday which was no use,£180 to change ticket with Emirates,the reason they pulled the dates forward is to make sure our crew change is well before Xmas with no hiccups,so I guess in the long run it's a positive,now I'll have to be looking at flights to Los over Xmas.

• Thumbs Up 6

45 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Sorry to hear your sad news lirchenfield.

Currently sat on bus to Suvarnabhumi,work contacted me yesterday and need me to join the boat Tuesday,but fly to Barcelona on Monday to stay overnight, boats near tarragona.

Was gonna be flying Sunday arriving Monday which was no use,£180 to change ticket with Emirates,the reason they pulled the dates forward is to make sure our crew change is well before Xmas with no hiccups,so I guess in the long run it's a positive,now I'll have to be looking at flights to Los over Xmas.

How does that work out? Is it every second xmas working, or it works out less than that?

Just been sorting out Apple Carplay.I got the car in August & it's got satnav but it's not live(unless you subscribe to Audi Connect for £££) so I've been meaning to do this for a while but kept putting it off.My mate sells garage doors so he's on the road all day using Google maps & said it's the bollocks.

So now I use Google maps via Carplay & get live traffic updates.

Going to a party tomorrow in Epsom & from past experience the traffic on a Saturday afternoon is a nightmare.

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Ye the crew I'm in at the moment worked both xmas and ny last year,guess I joined at the right time,doesn't bother me working it to be honest,not now.

I work onshore and have worked a lot of xmas holidays over the years. Nowadays in the company office in singapore and rarely go home, so it's a different lifestyle. But offshore the leave cycle is generally better and needed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Am sat quietly in the office, just looking at the close door apathetically. Normally my door is open, so I can look at my office girl. Just need a moment to reflect on some things.

I had just recieved a call from my mother, informing me that my 89 years old grandmother had passed away during the night. She had been in a retirement home the last four years due to senile dementia. 2 years ago she had one of her legs removed following a fall. 

She was found this morning in her bed with her glasses on by the staff, she had just passed away quietly.

Oh well, I shall return my usual self in a few moments.

Sorry to hear this mate. Dementia is an evil game that plays with our lives.

I am sure your memories of the earlier years will put a nice smile on your face from time to time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Entered another 9 ball tournament where we play in a group first.

I have been playing quite well so far considering the 8 months break, but for some reason tonight I couldn't hit a horses ass with a shovel.  Lol

Been thrashed 3 times already and have two more to suffer.

Oh well, it's beer o'clock. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, galenkia said:

Was never into group sharing meetings, so why I couldn’t do AA/NA.

I prefer the one to one with my counselor Sian, she is brilliant for me.

Everyone's journey is different, as we're all different.

One size doesn't fit all, you just do what works for you.

Though that said, the online meets you're pretty much invisible anyway, camera off, just one of 40 or so online with whatever name you've used, no pic. I just listen really these days while watching football or whatever on TV, until someone says something i can really relate too, or reminds me of something. Then i might share if there's time/space.

But as said, to each their own, whatever works for ya!

• Like 1

Even up in my relatively isolated neck of the woods we have a serious fentanyl problem - in fact, more people died of overdoses than from Covid over the whole period of that illness. Almost always it's nobody I know, although I do recognize family names from time to time; it's gotten to the point that every time I see an obituary for a young-ish person with no other news items about accidents, etc. I presume it's another overdose. It really hit home a few months ago when a lovely young blonde girl seen from time to time in one of my locals with her BF became a victim - very sad. What gets me is that the people who are using these drugs must know the risks involved nowadays but it doesn't seem to stop them using. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Even up in my relatively isolated neck of the woods we have a serious fentanyl problem - in fact, more people died of overdoses than from Covid over the whole period of that illness. Almost always it's nobody I know, although I do recognize family names from time to time; it's gotten to the point that every time I see an obituary for a young-ish person with no other news items about accidents, etc. I presume it's another overdose. It really hit home a few months ago when a lovely young blonde girl seen from time to time in one of my locals with her BF became a victim - very sad. What gets me is that the people who are using these drugs must know the risks involved nowadays but it doesn't seem to stop them using. 

Fentanyl mixed with this tranq stuff gives the users horrible skin conditions where the skin just ulcerated and drops off. If that isn't enough to make users think twice I don't what is. 

It's like Romero's movie " dawn of the dead". It's unreal.... And like I said previously, it's on it way to Europe. 

What a complete and utter mess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Took the missus to a country & western concert tonight at a local venue.I do like a bit of C & W but not a lot so when they did the Patsy Cline classic Crazy & it was sung by a bloke I bailed out.

Went to a pub down the road & watched England vs Malta which was only marginally more exciting than the yeeha shite where I'd just come from.

But the missus loved the concert & I had a good night on the beer so it all turned out all right.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just going through my store room taking out the neccessary equipment I need to redecorate a section of my hall/stairs and landing.

Whilst I am good at DIY, I have been putting the job off for months now, mainly because it envolves manual labour and disruption. 

I am forcing myself to do the arduous tasks of stripping, preparing,sealing, papering and painting next week. Should take 4 days if I don't rush it.

I have become sedentary by nature, and thought of a bit of physical graft stirs my stomach. 

Just off to B&Q to get some colour match emulsion and wallpaper paste. I hate that store who employ mainly retards on a minimum wage.

I am far too tight to employ a painter and decorator when my own time is free. 

My lodger is away in Thailand for 3 weeks so it's the only time it's gonna get done. 

Oh well, I've talked the talk, now it's time to walk the walk. 

Will give me an added excuse to increase the rent too😁😁

You have my deepest sympathies mate. 

I still have a couple dozen paintings and pics to hang. They have been laying there for months now. Fcuk it.         5555555555555 !

Meant to post this on Thursday but up and at em early today and cleaning photos on the phone. I went to my sons schools Open Mic night which was a great evening and watched some really talented boys sing / play. Throughly enjoyed it 

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0596.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 6