What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Marveling at the cool weather here in Bangkok....good lord, this is the way it is suppose to be. Going to go try a jog down at the park here in 45 minutes or so. We'll see how far I can run with relatively no humidity. 

Beats the shit out of the treadmill, that's for sure. 

The coolest I ever saw in BKK was 14C, and that after being in Udonthani at 10C - it was a cold wind blowing down from China that had most of Thailand freezing; the poor Thais were suffering terribly, out on the sidewalks huddled around charcoal braziers all bundled up trying to keep warm, and here's Canadian me walking around in my Pattaya shirts and shorts which were all I had - I felt the cool too but wasn't going to show it - "Canada man always warm!!" - got a lot of tight hugs from the girls, 555....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

17 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Ye the crew I'm in at the moment worked both xmas and ny last year,guess I joined at the right time,doesn't bother me working it to be honest,not now.

Over the years I learned to really appreciate having to work holidays. 

When I did I was able to bank serious comp time that I was able to use later for my extended romps.

It also gave me a great excuse for not having to be involved in the bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

Meant to post this on Thursday but up and at em early today and cleaning photos on the phone. I went to my sons schools Open Mic night which was a great evening and watched some really talented boys sing / play. Throughly enjoyed it 

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0596.jpeg

^^^^ That dude there certainly looks like he enjoyed himself in the environ.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

^^^^ That dude there certainly looks like he enjoyed himself in the environ.

He was a wealthy merchant venturer who traded in soap so would have been right at home in a Pattaya Soapie on second road 

• Haha 1

What I am doing is trying to make up my mind as to whether I should buy a new smart phone or not. Or more particularly, when and where to buy a new phone.

I used to always buy Samsung simply because I got used to them. Not that I had many as change occurred when they stopped working for good or I had damaged them beyond reasonable repair. People who queue up outside phone shops every time a new model is launched IMHO are certifiable.

Then I bought an OPPO phone well over three years ago because they brought out a  model which got a great review of the camera and was less than half the price than replacing my aging Samsung.

I have been extremely happy with the OPPO phone but now that is starting to look its age and I am scared if it just stopped working I would be in the shite.

So do I buy one now or wait until I return for my month of March in Thailand and buy OPPO then?

I class phones as "capital expenditure" and I have an inbuilt reticence to spend my capital on anything.

The only downside of buying my original OPPO was that the clown in the phone shop (in Thailand) royally f***d up cloning my old Samsung to the new OPPO and I lost data for ever and had to reinstall my most favorite , and most used, Apps including WhatsApp and Line.

The same thing happened not so long ago to a good friend in Thailand which explained why we could not phone one another for a month or so.

To buy, or not to buy?

That is the question.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

To buy, or not to buy?

That is the question.

I am going through a transitional period in my life brought about by the eviction of everybody here.

This means that I am going to have no choice but to became "normal" and move into a Condo. Part of that means that I really should buy a Smartphone ... But why?? It just means that I can take photos of my crappy cooking to post on here! I guess it might be useful the next time I travel to UK though, and I'm a fat old bastard with 3 chins and 5 bellies so I have no wish to take shelfies or whatever they are called !!

My plan, therefore, is for my daughter to get a new phone using the 10,000 Baht giveaway from the Jolly Green Giant and I steal hers! Not buying one fits in with my poor urchin, scallywag, Oliver lifestyle that I currently lead!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This morning I hoped to go and buy more wine but it was too painful to walk further than 50m!!

I have just been outside with the 6year old girl gang and I ended up "high stepping" with them without too much trouble...

Too much going on next week so I will attempt a walk to Big C tomorrow then confirm or cancel my visit to PIH for MY HEARING !!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Just going through my store room taking out the neccessary equipment I need to redecorate a section of my hall/stairs and landing.

Whilst I am good at DIY, I have been putting the job off for months now, mainly because it envolves manual labour and disruption. 

I am forcing myself to do the arduous tasks of stripping, preparing,sealing, papering and painting next week. Should take 4 days if I don't rush it.

I have become sedentary by nature, and thought of a bit of physical graft stirs my stomach. 

Just off to B&Q to get some colour match emulsion and wallpaper paste. I hate that store who employ mainly retards on a minimum wage.

I am far too tight to employ a painter and decorator when my own time is free. 

My lodger is away in Thailand for 3 weeks so it's the only time it's gonna get done. 

Oh well, I've talked the talk, now it's time to walk the walk. 

Will give me an added excuse to increase the rent too😁😁

Bollocks and jam rags. 👹👹

A bad Saturday start after stripping the offending paper underneath a face wall beneath a window. 

This is going to take a few coats of sealer  and a skim of plaster.

I had a feeling that damp was coming in. Looks OK as I start to remove paper from other areas. 

I am glad that I bought a decent Karcher steamer a few years a go. Saves  loads of time and effort stripping. 

I would rather be lying on the couch sipping Bloody Marys watching F1. 😢

I detest manual labour. 

IMG-20231118-WA0003.jpeg

• Sad 3

On the flixbus, Glasgow to aberdeen,first time thought id try it, half price of megabus,bought the seat next to me for £2.50,absolutely pishin doon here.

While waiting in the bus station,noticed a junkie type(there always hanging about bus station)lying down unconscious outside greggs bakery,as I was gettin on the bus staff put a partition round him,ah well just another day in Glasgow.

1700317077414.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

What I am doing is trying to make up my mind as to whether I should buy a new smart phone or not. Or more particularly, when and where to buy a new phone.

I used to always buy Samsung simply because I got used to them. Not that I had many as change occurred when they stopped working for good or I had damaged them beyond reasonable repair. People who queue up outside phone shops every time a new model is launched IMHO are certifiable.

Then I bought an OPPO phone well over three years ago because they brought out a  model which got a great review of the camera and was less than half the price than replacing my aging Samsung.

I have been extremely happy with the OPPO phone but now that is starting to look its age and I am scared if it just stopped working I would be in the shite.

So do I buy one now or wait until I return for my month of March in Thailand and buy OPPO then?

I class phones as "capital expenditure" and I have an inbuilt reticence to spend my capital on anything.

The only downside of buying my original OPPO was that the clown in the phone shop (in Thailand) royally f***d up cloning my old Samsung to the new OPPO and I lost data for ever and had to reinstall my most favorite , and most used, Apps including WhatsApp and Line.

The same thing happened not so long ago to a good friend in Thailand which explained why we could not phone one another for a month or so.

To buy, or not to buy?

That is the question.

Stick with a Samsung. They have done me right. When they f**k up it has usually been due to my own fault. But, I reckon Oppo's can be fine little instruments of thecnology as well. 

The cameras on most of these new little gizmozs are ususally brilliant IMO. I don't think I have paid more that 4000 k on the last 3 phones I have owned. Either way, I think you are in good shape.

Just know, for an absolute fact, that you will have some hiccups after you change things over. Just work through them until you get it right. But, a week or so later except there will be some kind of update issue that will fcuk your day up. It's just part of the game. A game that I don't care to play, but have to do it anyway. Do it sooner than later, you will be glad that you did.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

On the flixbus, Glasgow to aberdeen,first time thought id try it, half price of megabus,bought the seat next to me for £2.50,absolutely pishin doon here.

While waiting in the bus station,noticed a junkie type(there always hanging about bus station)lying down unconscious outside greggs bakery,as I was gettin on the bus staff put a partition round him,ah well just another day in Glasgow.

1700317077414.jpg

Junkies see, junkies doo.

19 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Marveling at the cool weather here in Bangkok....good lord, this is the way it is suppose to be. Going to go try a jog down at the park here in 45 minutes or so. We'll see how far I can run with relatively no humidity. 

Beats the shit out of the treadmill, that's for sure. 

Days like this are like heaven today. Only have of my shirt was soaked with sweat, maybe I will get to wear it again tomorrow..... lol

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/16/2023 at 5:26 PM, Aqualung said:

I don't know if yourself or other BMs  have seen any YouTube videos of the Fentanyl and Tranq situation in the US and Canada. 

I've seen dozens of them, mainly on Kensington Avenue in Philadelphia and they are quite shocking if not sickening. 

And quite frankly, having suffered living with a heroine addict and all the horrible shite that goes with it, I'm losing sympathy with these people. 

Also seen a few shorts from Philly......Christ it's like the Walking Dead in real life.....saw that a few times in my cab, addicts so f--ked up it's like ALS or cerebral palsy

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

1700317077414.jpg

Been there, done that.😀

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

To buy, or not to buy?

That is the question.

Trusting any phone shop to transfer data to another phone is a no, no in my world. 
The wife always buys us all new iPhone’s every couple of years and I do the transfer myself, but before I do, I backup the phone to ITunes on my PC and also transfer a copy to My Passport SSD storage, that way if I screw up I’ve still got copies of my data.  I also backup my wife and son’s iPhone’s at the same time. 

OK a bit OTT, but it’s the pictures and phone numbers that matter to all of us, so I’m not gonna take any chances. Especially as I’m feckin hopeless at anything technical. Well I am 71 ffs! 🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Trusting any phone shop to transfer data to another phone is a no, no in my world. 
The wife always buys us all new iPhone’s every couple of years and I do the transfer myself, but before I do, I backup the phone to ITunes on my PC and also transfer a copy to My Passport SSD storage, that way if I screw up I’ve still got copies of my data.  I also backup my wife and son’s iPhone’s at the same time. 

OK a bit OTT, but it’s the pictures and phone numbers that matter to all of us, so I’m not gonna take any chances. Especially as I’m feckin hopeless at anything technical. Well I am 71 ffs! 🤣

Historically the Apple transfer has worked far better than Android, but my last two transfers on Samsung have been very good. You do have to log back in to some third party apps though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Thanks for the info. I have never thought to do this. 

Now, the challenge for me is finding someone up here in the great Smokie North that has such skills.

• Like 1