What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 2/6/2024 at 4:43 PM, Krapow said:

Yea, they confirmed they will refund my total payment, no fees, and also reinstate my airmiles. 

It was just a speculative email by myself, as i noticed Thai were now £300 cheaper. Plus Thai flying back at night suits us more, as our daughter will sleep most of it, and i'll save another £100 for a night in Pullman as we'll leave at 10pm that night, instead of stay at the hotel an extra night, up early, go to Swampy.

So well happy all in all, saved £400 and better timing for us going home, less chance of delays or no luggage. 

Money refunded last night, all of it.

Stuff like refunds, getting luggage back, even just being able to call and talk to a human, EVA are good at.

It's just s shame they're always late now, and you then have the potential to arrive with no luggage.

Rebooked with Thai, better times, less worry and cheaper. I don't really care if food a bit better on EVA or service. As long as it's edible, and service is okay, i'm more interested in getting from A to B with as less stress as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just transferred yesterday's box wine into bottles. Last night we drank 3 litres (mainly Red Velvet) - the bloke cutting the mango trees had a couple of glasses too!!!

M'Lady ended up leaving patches of red vomit around the house before collapsing on the bed in the spare room and trying to hold it down to prevent it from spinning ...

The bedroom spinning!

Them were the days, 16 years old, 2 bottles of Merrydown cider. 

Man overboard many's a night 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arghhhhhhhhh!  The 49er's let this one slip away.....on that last drive, that gave the Chiefs the win, the defense looked gas! 

I hate Mahomes...and after seeing what Travis Kelce did to Andy Reid on the sideline, he is a punk too.

I am going to go finish my half bottle of Johnnie Walker now! 

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1334 2.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

555 a Vegan Chocolate dessert .... was extremely nice

There is something delicious looking about it, but also something rather unsettling.

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:35 AM, boydeste said:

My flight home on EVA arrived 90 minutes late and as a result, I missed my train home. I tried to do the right thing and buy a ticket online for the next available train, but my card got refused. Fortunately I didn't get checked and got away with it.

Arriving home early Tuesday morning I had a message from the fraud department saying that online payment had been suspended.

It was stopped because of a spurious enquiry on my card from some random company in the US. My card had only been used to book hotels through Booking.com and to buy a Burger King at Phuket airport. Make of that what you will.

It's been a productive few days.

Usual pile of mail to work through.

Applied and picked up my new passport yesterday.

Made a few laminated copies.

Booked a hotel for my first week back in Bkk.

Booked my train to London.

Applied for my tourist visa.

Applied and got my ETA for my Canada trip.

Registered my new PP on my EVA account and my Euro tunnel account.

Bought a new case as mine had a full can of deet pierced on the way out which wrecked the covering and the inside liner.

Also the wheels had seen better days.

Just need to sort out my travel insurance and hopefully get my TV, then good to go.

Stayed booze free all week too, had a couple of pints of Ale over lunch today and now going to relax and open a nice bottle of red.

Don't cha just love how the banks are always looking out for your best interests.

Yeah, Those leaks in your bag can really fcuk up the end of a trip. Not to mention, a late flight arrival, cnuts.

---------

You've had quite a day. I was exhausted just getting my 90 day reporting done (glad I remembered to do it before travelling). The system is idiotic.

Almost bashed the shit out one of your fellow Brits at Immigration today also. Lazy, fat fcuk pulls up inches away from me while in his "SUV". I was at the 90 day walk-up window finalizing the 90 day paperwork (very happy at that moment). 

If we had not been where we were I would have pulled that mother fcuker out of the car and stomped on his head a few dozen times.  Cock sucker.

Celebrated the fact that I didn't end up killing that prick and spend the rest of the day in CM jail. Went home and drank a half bottle of Sangsom. Just got up from a long nap.

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Don't cha just love how the banks are always looking out for your best interests.

Yeah, Those leaks in your bag can really fcuk up the end of a trip. Not to mention, a late flight arrival, cnuts.

---------

You've had quite a day. I was exhausted just getting my 90 day reporting done (glad I remembered to do it before travelling). The system is idiotic.

Almost bashed the shit out one of your fellow Brits at Immigration today also. Lazy, fat fcuk pulls up inches away from me while in his "SUV". I was at the 90 day walk-up window finalizing the 90 day paperwork (very happy at that moment). 

If we had not been where we were I would have pulled that mother fcuker out of the car and stomped on his head a few dozen times.  Cock sucker.

Celebrated the fact that I didn't end up killing that prick and spend the rest of the day in CM jail. Went home and drank a half bottle of Sangsom. Just got up from a long nap.

Glad ya got it sorted. 

I got my TV for 60 day approved yesterday.

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just checked and the Eva flight pretty much arrived on time for a change.

Hopefully they are getting their act together.

Yes BR67 but took ages to park up and disembark. Then big queue at immigration. Finally home at last and having a few duty free vodkas before retiring to bed. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2