What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just woke up after another good afternoon/evening out meeting up with a few guys in Pattaya.

Lk Metro was alive and well with lots of girls everywhere. Went into Heaven Above in Boomerang for the first time and quite liked the arrangement in there. Also went into Buzzing bar on Pot hole. My mate is a fan of his chanel. I was very impressed with how he has the bar set up. A pool table, separate drinking area and another area with nice segregated seating with the facility to drawer a curtain around for a bit of privacy with your company. Many nice girls were present and a cold towel was administered by one of them on arrival. They left after and there was no pressure for company which I really liked.

We finished off in Kink as my mate had never been in there. After me explaining the situation upstairs, I was horrified to see all the girls dressed with the over throw on which they use to go outside. I know a few girls in there, so quickly found out that they had just been raided by the bib and they were still present in the office. Apparently they were checking all of the girls ID for age and Thai nationality. 

All went well and before we finished our first beer, the PA lit up with the instructions to the girls that normal service was resumed, much to the surprise and delight of my mate!

He will be scarred for life. Lol.

Interesting info.

Kink is on my list. Glad I wasn't in there when they came. That would suck a big donkey dick.

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Heading to Nong Khai today for 3 nights.

Any recommendations for somewhere to have a few quiet beers in the afternoon?

Soi Boxing (Soi Nittapat) is the street for drinking, a good few bars there. Has a few restaurants, a great Italian and an Aussie place that does good breakfasts.

If you tell a taxi driver, take me to Soi Boxing, they will know where you want to go. 

Of course a walk along the Mekong promenade between the market (Tha Sadet) and the  Mut Mee hotel has a few places to have a quiet drink. A few places also on the road just parallel to the promenade are Ok for a quiet drink.

The Mut Mee is a lovey place to sit and drink with a great view over the Mekong and the Friendship bridge.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/1/2024 at 12:36 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

So I have just placed an order with expatfoods for delivery. Shipment costs for transportation, dry ice packaging and box - 399 baht. Sounds a lot but I have added cheese and 20 pies to my meat order !!! (who ate all the pies? you fat bastard you fat bastard!!!)

I'll let you know how things progress ....

My order was split into two deliveries. One for frozen goods (349 baht)and one for dry goods (50 baht) for a 10 hour drive by the shortest route Pattaya to my house !!

Today I received the frozen goods. Sealed foam box with (evaporated) dry ice, delivered in a refrigerated van. All meat still frozen only a couple of pies the pastry had started to defrost but not the filling. It was delivered to the house out in the village way off the main road. Prior to deciding on using Expatfoods I checked with some product suppliers and they only delivered to the nearest bus station.

I am very happy with their service.

My recommendation is that if you are living remotely and miss Aussie/NZ Lamb and Beef or a better choice of cheese and sausages at a cheaper price than Big C if they stock it, then check them out and compare with your own ideas!!

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/product-category/meat-poultry/?product_count=72

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/product-category/cheese-dairy-products/?product_count=72

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The Mut Mee is a lovey place to sit and drink with a great view over the Mekong and the Friendship bridge.

A mate has stayed there a couple of times and we would often meet at the Irish Bar as it was about midway between us.  The owner was some kind of weird artist IIRC.

The street behing the Irish Bar had a handful of bars in it - is that Boxing Street or is there another bar area I'm not aware of?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

A mate has stayed there a couple of times and we would often meet at the Irish Bar as it was about midway between us.  The owner was some kind of weird artist IIRC.

The street behing the Irish Bar had a handful of bars in it - is that Boxing Street or is there another bar area I'm not aware of?

The Irish bar is where I had a couple of quiet beers today. None of the 4 bars in the street behind the Irish bar were open today and it looks like only one may still be operating.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Boxing Street is the main bar area. Also most of the available girls are from Laos and quite friendly. Chat with mama sometimes is a good idea as many don't speak English.

Stayed at Mut Mee a few times. Their car park is so bloody small, 2 cars there already and you park in the street.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The Irish bar is where I had a couple of quiet beers today. None of the 4 bars in the street behind the Irish bar were open today and it looks like only one may still be operating.

If it is Soi Nittapat (Soi Boxing) it should be open at night but, like many things, times change.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:56 PM, Stillearly said:

Just spent all afternoon fcuking about with my Bank ... spent an hour in the branch , 30 mins typing a complaint and then 20 mins on the phone because the complaint email wouldn't work ... all over a £10 payment I've been trying to make to someone I've known for 45 years ... but the fraud department kept blocking  ... bunch of cnuts 🤦‍♂️

Finally got a response from the Bank , almost three months later ...they apologised and sent me £50 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/31/2024 at 6:13 PM, Horizondave said:

Just noticed that if you like a few things on Facebook then your feed gets filled with subjects you like.

I now seem to get anything airline, classic films and wall to wall pics of big breasted women.

Also noted that Ai is generating a hell of a lot of photos of people like Gal Gadot, Salma Hayek and Nicole Scherzinger. The ones of Gal Gadot are lovely but so obviously AI.

Difficult to open the feed now in front of my daughter lol

Yeah I know what you mean.....I am now getting " I am looking for a husband" type things......

434242935_383045851298260_9025685944609303610_n.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah I know what you mean.....I am now getting " I am looking for a husband" type things......

Laz will have a nervous breakdown when he sees that.    55555 !

18 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The things I do to keep the peace. Sitting in the water on plastic chairs under a bamboo shack having little fish nibble on my feet is not as exciting as it sounds.
IMG_6173.jpeg

You could always let a Great White loose for a bit of excitement.

Two great white sharks have been captured and killed following Sean Pollard being attacked while surfing

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

As Dave says, maybe only open at night and there was one day a week they didn't open at all IIRC. Looks like Soi Nitipat is a bit further away from the river, but still walkable with a bit more choice.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@17.8814969,102.7473055,3a,75y,107.7h,83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srXisstzjYwHogx-CoHBjhw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Sitting in the water on plastic chairs under a bamboo shack having little fish nibble on my feet is not as exciting as it sounds.

'Twould be more exciting if the huts had electric lights and fans with switches on the side that's for sure !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

One of the 4 bars is open today.

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Great pic but the arms, head and boobs look out of sync lol.

I do get asked whether I want to continue to see pics like the one above in my feed, of course I say yes and they keep coming.

• Haha 1