What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

42 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Writing a contingency plan in work.

Which is hard, due to this being such a fast moving situation. 

Good luck with that.

My suggestion would be to put everyone in the low risk group together with a known positive virus person so they all catch it and keep them together until it's no longer contageous. A bit like we did as kids to catch chicken pox. Then let them back out again.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Good luck with that.

My suggestion would be to put everyone in the low risk group together with a known positive virus person so they all catch it and keep them together until it's no longer contageous. A bit like we did as kids to catch chicken pox. Then let them back out again.

If only!

For staff and service users, working from home as much as practical will be high up on the Plan. 

We're Public Health, so have to be proper 'on it' with advice and information. 

Wish Boris would just hurry up and take it out of my hands. 

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Good luck with that.

That approach didn't work out too well for Drs Li Wenliang or Liu Zhiming.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Strange way to be celebrating! 🙂

Yes, life goes on. My 3 year old daughter and her mummy made me a nice birthday cake with what they could find in the house.

Very nice it was too :default_biggrin: 🎂

IMAG1475.jpg

IMAG1476.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Our sons school closes today for god knows how long, ☹️ so I’ve decided to bring forward completing the kitting out of his bedroom by a coupled months, so that he has stuff to keep him occupied during the next few months. 
As Amazon let me down on a TV (lying bastards) I’d ordered for him, I’ve decided to treat him and go for a new OLED TV.

So, I spent the last few days on the WWW and decided on this one, as it’s good for wireless internet connection, (his school has set him school work to do at home) and he can Skype his friends to keep in touch. Also, it has good reviews for gaming on the new model Xbox, which is being released later this year. Also, it will have a UHD 4K disc player built in, so that’ll save buying a separate BlueRay player.

Our main worry, will be keeping him occupied over the coming months, now that his numerous after school activities and sports have been cancelled. ☹️

AE8B9208-0914-4809-A83D-11F7D9E422E0.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Our sons school closes today for god knows how long, ☹️ so I’ve decided to bring forward completing the kitting out of his bedroom by a coupled months, so that he has stuff to keep him occupied during the next few months. 
As Amazon let me down on a TV (lying bastards) I’d ordered for him, I’ve decided to treat him and go for a new OLED TV.

So, I spent the last few days on the WWW and decided on this one, as it’s good for wireless internet connection, (his school has set him school work to do at home) and he can Skype his friends to keep in touch. Also, it has good reviews for gaming on the new model Xbox, which is being released later this year. Also, it will have a UHD 4K disc player built in, so that’ll save buying a separate BlueRay player.

Our main worry, will be keeping him occupied over the coming months, now that his numerous after school activities and sports have been cancelled. ☹️

AE8B9208-0914-4809-A83D-11F7D9E422E0.png

Similar to mine , great TVs 

• Thumbs Up 1

Have to say, picking one from LG, Samsung and Sony’s myriad of models wasn’t easy. Hours spent on review sites making copious notes on specifications etc, nearly drove me mad! 😡 It finally came down to this model having ATMOS sound and a dedicated built in Gaming setup, that is compatible with the, about to be released, Xbox Series X model, plus it has HDMI 2.1 connection, needed for hi speed gaming @120Hz, supports high FPS rate and sound pass through.  

I had also planned to get a LG sound bar with my first choice of LG 55 C9 model, but then discovered that the E9 model had an ATMOS sound system and other things built in for £300 more.

I’d already bought a tilting VEGA wall mount for the TV that Amazon failed to deliver, (c***’*) luckily, it will fit this new one perfectly. 
I took my lad into Currys at the weekend to look at one and for him to make the final decision on the model and he seems happy with his choice. 🤗

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Repetitive Strain Injury on your wrist .... since the supply of girls stopped ? 😉😉 

hope you are okay 

More pussy available right now than ever. Lol

I had an abscess under a tooth rupture and turn my face into elephant man, the dentist took one look at it and sent me to hospital. I had a small op to remove as much poison as they could whilst still allowing me to fly. Not ideal just before you want to travel. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

More pussy available right now than ever. Lol

I had an abscess under a tooth rupture and turn my face into elephant man, the dentist took one look at it and sent me to hospital. I had a small op to remove as much poison as they could whilst still allowing me to fly. Not ideal just before you want to travel. 

Probably best it happened there , you may have been waiting a while back home .... 

safe flight home !! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Probably best it happened there , you may have been waiting a while back home .... 

safe flight home !! 

A few months ago, the wife cracked a rear molar and went to the dentist in UK, as the gum was swollen, expecting him to fix or remove the tooth  because the crack went below the gum line. 
He wouldn’t touch the tooth, as she had, by then, gotten an abscess under the tooth. Instead,  he gave her antibiotics and told her to come back in two weeks.
Two weeks later, he took another look and said she needed another course of antibiotics, so come back in another two weeks, which she did and he pulled it out. 
Over 4 weeks in pain poor girl. Pity really, as up to then, she had  a full set of pearly white nashers, but not anymore. ☹️

Gum abscess can be a real pain.